OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 07:18:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For My Parents :(  (Read 351 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: May 06, 2012, 06:46:06 PM »

Unfortunately, things are getting worse. I'm really worried about their salvation and souls. Things were looking positive with them for a little while and I was thinking that maybe they would develop an interest in Orthodoxy, but, now that is all over. They're officially attending a Baptist Church. Things have gone from bad to worse. Please pray for them and for me.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 06:47:24 PM »

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 07:05:40 PM »

Lord have mercy.

On the other hand, is a Baptist Church really so bad? At least it's better than a mosque, synagogue, temple or even no church at all... I'd be really happy if some of my family members started attending a Baptist church. Tongue
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 07:09:36 PM by NightOwl » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:01:42 PM »

Lord, have mercy!  

@NightOwl - would you think it okay to go see a dentist for a heart problem?  After all, dentists are also doctors.

While I understand that Baptists seem to be "Christian" and closer to the Truth, however, I would support James' desire to see his parents go to the one true doctor and join Orthodoxy.

James, just keep praying and keep doing...and perhaps in time, with patience and love your parents will learn from you.  Be the best example you can be!

May the Lord have mercy on everyone, open their hearts and minds to the truth and show them the true path to salvation.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 10:40:09 AM by LizaSymonenko » Logged

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
marigold
OC.net guru

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »

Lord, have mercy.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 04:00:14 PM »

Unfortunately, things are getting worse. I'm really worried about their salvation and souls. Things were looking positive with them for a little while and I was thinking that maybe they would develop an interest in Orthodoxy, but, now that is all over. They're officially attending a Baptist Church. Things have gone from bad to worse. Please pray for them and for me.

God be with you all.

I don't know about worrying over the state of others' souls, especially when the state of my soul is precarious. However, God loves compassion and hears the prayers of pain from the heart. Commend your parents to God. He will take care of them.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 04:08:37 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Cantor Krishnich
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Pan-Orthodox Christianity

Mar Ahmed the Daftadar

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 04:54:57 PM »

Kyrie Eleison!
I have a very similar situation...I know EXACTLY how you feel!!!
St. Elizabeth the New Martyr, Pray for us!

Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:15 PM »

Lord have mercy.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: