OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 29, 2014, 03:06:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A horrible nightmare world of sinners, demons, and their gruesome effects  (Read 910 times) Average Rating: 0
amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« on: May 06, 2012, 12:55:48 PM »

This is an absolutely horrible world as far as the vast majority of creatures go. Even the Bible bears witness to this. There is nobody around me who believes in spirituality. There are one or two people who i know that are religious. But they are entirely against the spiritual life. Everyone is drowning in sin. My earthly mother has always been anti-religious and anti-spiritual and now she has a physical pain from which she cannot recover and she says that she is going to end her life if she does not get better. This is a completely evil world. Humans are an evil species that does evil things to the righteous. They killed the Messiah, the holy apostles, and most of their legitimate followers so that only a dead imperial church remained under the office of the Emperor which the Bible called the Antichrist. They killed hundreds and thousands and millions of innocent lives by brutal tortures in the 20th century. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" uttered the Messiah. God does not have any hands to help the saints.

Take REFUGE in the pure, immaculate, diamond jewel, supra-celestial Divine Consciousness within the soul where alone is the only escape from this horror that God cannot control. There alone is PEACE AND BLISS. The Messiah came as the Enlightened One to relieve the sufferings of all sentient beings. I take refuge in Thee.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 12:56:45 PM by amartin » Logged
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »

Don't despair amartin. God is everywhere. He dwells within the world because he loves us. God's energies permeate all of creation.
The world is not only darkness, it is also beauty. Elder Paisius said that we should be like the bee which only seeks for nectar, and always try to look at the good things.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »

(Psalm 22 ESV)   

[22:1] My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
      Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
   [2] O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
      and by night, but I find no rest.
   [3] Yet you are holy,
      enthroned on the praises of Israel.
   [4] In you our fathers trusted;
      they trusted, and you delivered them.
   [5] To you they cried and were rescued;
      in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
   [6] But I am a worm and not a man,
      scorned by mankind and despised by the people.
   [7] All who see me mock me;
      they make mouths at me; they wag their heads;
   [8] “He trusts in the LORD; let him deliver him;
      let him rescue him, for he delights in him!”
   [9] Yet you are he who took me from the womb;
      you made me trust you at my mother's breasts.
   [10] On you was I cast from my birth,
      and from my mother's womb you have been my God.
   [11] Be not far from me,
      for trouble is near,
      and there is none to help.
   [12] Many bulls encompass me;
      strong bulls of Bashan surround me;
   [13] they open wide their mouths at me,
      like a ravening and roaring lion.
   [14] I am poured out like water,
      and all my bones are out of joint;
   my heart is like wax;
      it is melted within my breast;
   [15] my strength is dried up like a potsherd,
      and my tongue sticks to my jaws;
      you lay me in the dust of death.
   [16] For dogs encompass me;
      a company of evildoers encircles me;
   they have pierced my hands and feet—
   [17] I can count all my bones—
   they stare and gloat over me;
   [18] they divide my garments among them,
      and for my clothing they cast lots.
   [19] But you, O LORD, do not be far off!
      O you my help, come quickly to my aid!
   [20] Deliver my soul from the sword,
      my precious life from the power of the dog!
      [21] Save me from the mouth of the lion!
   You have rescued me from the horns of the wild oxen!
   [22] I will tell of your name to my brothers;
      in the midst of the congregation I will praise you:
   [23] You who fear the LORD, praise him!
      All you offspring of Jacob, glorify him,
      and stand in awe of him, all you offspring of Israel!
   [24] For he has not despised or abhorred
      the affliction of the afflicted,
   and he has not hidden his face from him,
      but has heard, when he cried to him.
   [25] From you comes my praise in the great congregation;
      my vows I will perform before those who fear him.
   [26] The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied;
      those who seek him shall praise the LORD!
      May your hearts live forever!
   [27] All the ends of the earth shall remember
      and turn to the LORD,
   and all the families of the nations
      shall worship before you.
   [28] For kingship belongs to the LORD,
      and he rules over the nations.
   [29] All the prosperous of the earth eat and worship;
      before him shall bow all who go down to the dust,
      even the one who could not keep himself alive.
   [30] Posterity shall serve him;
      it shall be told of the Lord to the coming generation;
   [31] they shall come and proclaim his righteousness to a people yet unborn,
      that he has done it.

I'm going to need this.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »

This is an absolutely horrible world as far as the vast majority of creatures go. Even the Bible bears witness to this. There is nobody around me who believes in spirituality. There are one or two people who i know that are religious. But they are entirely against the spiritual life. Everyone is drowning in sin. My earthly mother has always been anti-religious and anti-spiritual and now she has a physical pain from which she cannot recover and she says that she is going to end her life if she does not get better. This is a completely evil world. Humans are an evil species that does evil things to the righteous. They killed the Messiah, the holy apostles, and most of their legitimate followers so that only a dead imperial church remained under the office of the Emperor which the Bible called the Antichrist. They killed hundreds and thousands and millions of innocent lives by brutal tortures in the 20th century. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" uttered the Messiah. God does not have any hands to help the saints.

Take REFUGE in the pure, immaculate, diamond jewel, supra-celestial Divine Consciousness within the soul where alone is the only escape from this horror that God cannot control. There alone is PEACE AND BLISS. The Messiah came as the Enlightened One to relieve the sufferings of all sentient beings. I take refuge in Thee.

My brother, I am sorry about your mother, may the prayer of all the saints be with her and you. Suffering is part of our reality my brother. You realise I am sure that our theology is different, so I will not go into that now, except what I have bolded in your post, when it seems to you that evil is taking over the world, take refuge in the  Messiah, call out to him in those moments, he will grant you his peace in the midst of your suffering. He knows a thing or two about suffering himself, about pain, humiliation, loneliness, rejection, fear, being chained and bound, betrayal... yeah he is acquainted with pain and suffering. call on him, and he will help you carry your cross,the strength to endure suffering in peace and freedom from all bitterness. Take refuge in Him who loved you even before the foundation of the universe. Take refuge in Him who was crucified for the love of you. Trust in this Love and call upon him.

May Our Lord,God and Savior Jesus Christ be with you , guide you and give you peace.

Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 09:08:29 PM »

There is nobody around me who believes in spirituality.
Since you are a prolific thread starter but your threads almost always quickly devolve, we have never been able to really establish a baseline here, other than that you consider yourself some sort of gnostic Essene.

So, a baseline:

Please define what you mean when you say "spirituality."

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL ORTHODOX CHURCH
amartin

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »

Hiwot,

Thank you.

Agabas,

By spirituality here in this post i mean anything spiritual in relation to God and the liberation of the soul, such as personal prayer and meditation.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:14:36 PM by amartin » Logged
LBK
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox

Holy Father Patrick, pray for us!

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 03:13:16 AM »

the only escape from this horror that God cannot control.

This is unadulterated blasphemy. Your version of God, amartin, must be a pathetic sort.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 03:46:43 AM »

Amen to what Hiwot, Ansgar, and Aindriu have posted. Do not despair my friend. Love God and love your neighbor to the best of your ability. That is the only solution.

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 08:07:03 AM »

Hiwot,

Thank you.

Agabas,

By spirituality here in this post i mean anything spiritual in relation to God and the liberation of the soul, such as personal prayer and meditation.
Liberation of the soul from what?
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »

Hiwot,

Thank you.

Agabas,

What do you mean by "liberation of the soul"?  That sounds a whole lot like "liberation of the soul from the body," in which case I'm not sure prayer and meditation will assist you.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »

amartin, I can only imagine you are in a "bad" place, right now and therefore, have a skewed view of the world around you.

Everyone "sees" what they wish to see, which is a direct reflection of themselves.  When Christ looked upon the masses, He didn't see a hopeless conglomeration of lost souls....no....He saw hope....an opportunity to save the people.....He healed them inside and out....physically and spiritually.

You need to work out what is troubling you, clean out yourself, before you will be able to see the beauty around you.

You, spewing all this negativity out in to the world, is only serving in making a worse place.

Why not speak of hope? 

...and for your information God can do anything....there is nothing that he cannot control.  Because He loves us, He gives us freedom to do what we want....it is OUR own actions that make us miserable. 

If you sat down and finished your son's homework for him, what would he have learned?  Nothing.  ...and when the exam came he would fail.  It's best that the children work out their own salvation...

Will be praying that you find peace....and wipe the cobwebs off your own heart and soul so you see the true beauty that IS around you, if only you look for it.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Diocese of Nelson

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2012, 09:50:23 AM »

I go to these same dark places sometimes, too, amartin. I lost my mom last year to cancer, and she wanted the pain and suffering to end long before she died. There are terrible facts in life. There are also very wonderful and beautiful things. Read the lives of the saints, for instance. We cannot control or shape reality to conform to our wishes. We can only choose how to respond. Christ came to teach us not that the way out of suffering is to escape the world (as in Gnosticism and Theravada Buddhism), but to become light, to heal creation from the inside out, to die to our lowly passions so that He can live in us.

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
--John the Baptist in the Gospel of St. John 3:30

"The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!"
--Gospel of St. Matthew 6:22-23

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
--Friedrich Nietzsche
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 09:51:34 AM by stavros_388 » Logged

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai
amartin

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2012, 12:13:59 PM »

I wish all of that was true. I wish it was my problem like you say so that I could fix it. But its not. The more time i spend in prayer and meditation gives me clearer eyes to see the pervasive evil absolutely everywhere around me. From the spiritual eye i see that humanity is generally walking zombies. This is even confirmed by the Bible.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2012, 12:42:10 PM »

The more time i spend in prayer and meditation gives me clearer eyes to see the pervasive evil absolutely everywhere around me.

Sounds more like your Pride is growing.

Now, who is it that is always stoking our passions...

I'm going to need this.
Ansgar
Archon

Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »

I wish all of that was true. I wish it was my problem like you say so that I could fix it. But its not. The more time i spend in prayer and meditation gives me clearer eyes to see the pervasive evil absolutely everywhere around me. From the spiritual eye i see that humanity is generally walking zombies. This is even confirmed by the Bible.

amartin, the way you see God is not correct. The scriptures also say that God is eeruwhere present. If God is everywhere and God is love then nothing can be entirely evil. You see only a part of the world that surrounds you. Humanity might be stupid but not evil. You may think that all who surrounds you are servants of darkness but light can shine everywhere. The great abba Anthony, the father of monasticism found his equal in a doctor in the city. Your spiritual eye is only half open, you just need to open it up completely and you will see that humanity can be good too.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
amartin

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »

amartin, the way you see God is not correct. The scriptures also say that God is eeruwhere present. If God is everywhere and God is love then nothing can be entirely evil. You see only a part of the world that surrounds you. Humanity might be stupid but not evil. You may think that all who surrounds you are servants of darkness but light can shine everywhere. The great abba Anthony, the father of monasticism found his equal in a doctor in the city. Your spiritual eye is only half open, you just need to open it up completely and you will see that humanity can be good too.

Yes definitely humanity can be good. I'm just saying that there are no good people around me. I am sure there are some good people at the Orthodox churches but they would not accept me because of my views so I cannot go there anymore. In consequence, I am just surrounded by evil humans. And yes, they are evil.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2012, 01:21:34 PM »

Yes definitely humanity can be good. I'm just saying that there are no good people around me. I am sure there are some good people at the Orthodox churches but they would not accept me because of my views so I cannot go there anymore. In consequence, I am just surrounded by evil humans. And yes, they are evil.
You see nothing good in them?

-St Silouan the athonite
amartin

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2012, 01:46:43 PM »

The elements that are objectively good - such as their souls, their minds, their conscience - are being used to do evil by willingly rejecting God and spirituality.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2012, 01:54:43 PM »

Pack your bags and move.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2012, 01:59:41 PM »

The elements that are objectively good - such as their souls, their minds, their conscience - are being used to do evil by willingly rejecting God and spirituality.

I mean, do you never see them do anything good to other people like loving each other, helping people etc.

-St Silouan the athonite
amartin

« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2012, 02:21:06 PM »

I mean, do you never see them do anything good to other people like loving each other, helping people etc.

Its entirely overshadowed by the evil. That is why the sinners deserve the outer darkness.
Ansgar
Archon

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2012, 02:24:43 PM »

Its entirely overshadowed by the evil. That is why the sinners deserve the outer darkness.
What do you mean by 'outer darkness'? I hope you're not talking about shunning those you see as sinners.

-St Silouan the athonite
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2012, 03:53:36 PM »

God does not have any hands to help the saints.

Take REFUGE in the pure, immaculate, diamond jewel, supra-celestial Divine Consciousness within the soul where alone is the only escape from this horror that God cannot control. There alone is PEACE AND BLISS.

This is blasphemy. You should slap yourself.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2012, 03:54:24 PM »

This is unadulterated blasphemy. Your version of God, amartin, must be a pathetic sort.

His god is himself.

If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 03:55:38 PM »

You are deceived by demons, then. You are deluded.

PrincessMommy
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

OCA

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2012, 05:58:34 PM »

The more time i spend in prayer and meditation gives me clearer eyes to see the pervasive evil absolutely everywhere around me.

Sounds more like your Pride is growing.

Now, who is it that is always stoking our passions...

I agree.  Every time I read one of amartin's threads I can't help but be reminded of the parable of the Publican and the Pharisee.  I see no humility or contrition...only blaming the OTHER guy. 
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:35 AM »

This is what I was thinking when I read that.   That's blasphemous. 
God can control, he gives us freewill.  We screw it all up.

Also, read the story of Noah.  He took out the world once.

Also he showed us how we can beat death (the second death) and gain eternal life.   

All and all I'd say it's a pretty good deal.   Evil world - take up your cross - eternal salvation - end of days - God wins.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: