OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 31, 2014, 04:47:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So...what do you all do for a living? Dreams/Ambitions  (Read 3588 times) Average Rating: 0
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 05:26:34 PM »

Law librarian in a venerable Baltimore law firm with a focus on cataloging and collection maintenance/development.  This means I don't have to deal with the #*@&%#(@*% attorneys most of the time, thankfully.

Ideally, I'd like to work three days a week cataloging and spend the other four gardening and working on music.

I am one of the least ambitious people you'll meet, although not so unambitious as to be a total slouch.  I just found work doing something I like and really don't need much more.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 05:37:45 PM »

Law librarian in a venerable Baltimore law firm with a focus on cataloging and collection maintenance/development.  This means I don't have to deal with the #*@&%#(@*% attorneys most of the time, thankfully.

Ideally, I'd like to work three days a week cataloging and spend the other four gardening and working on music.

I am one of the least ambitious people you'll meet, although not so unambitious as to be a total slouch.  I just found work doing something I like and really don't need much more.
Interesting, do you have a J.D.?
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »

As pretty much everyone on here knows, I work in Tax Compliance for a large US Consulting/Outsourcing firm and have an accounting and tax preparation business on the side.

My dream is to make my side business work and then hire a bunch of people to do all the work, sit back, and watch the $$ come in.

-Nick
The revolution will give you some real work to do. And will take care of your petty dreams. Financial wizardry isn't real work.

this does not work for me augustin717. to  each his own and posts like this are not constructive.  i did like you first post and largely agreed with the nobility of  keeping the nuts and bolts of society as we have it working. i admire what you do and have no qualms in doing it myself when the need arises:
Unclogging pipes, toilets, fixing faucets, doors, locks , handling dumpsters, mopping floors, cutting carpet etc. I dream and hope to see the end of capitalism, come what it may.
i also find it hard to believe that there are people with absolutely no disdain of capitalism.
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 08:50:41 PM »

This means I don't have to deal with the #*@&%#(@*% attorneys most of the time, thankfully.

Swap?

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 09:27:29 PM »

Sounds like a cool gig Schultz. I want to know more.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 09:29:58 PM »

But how mant people are right for college? Do you know how many people drop out of school to include college?

Besides, it's a lie to say that you need a degree to make a good living. Skilled jobs are still needed, and someone needs to fill them. We will either have people with lots of debt fill them, immigrants, or someone who learned the job early and now can make 6 digits because of his skill level.

I don't think this is a political discussion, yet, but how do you expect people in this country to be competitive on a global level if kids are not graduating from college?

I agree that you don't need a degree to make a good living, but how much does it help in getting and maintaining a good living?

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 10:36:14 PM »

But how mant people are right for college? Do you know how many people drop out of school to include college?

Besides, it's a lie to say that you need a degree to make a good living. Skilled jobs are still needed, and someone needs to fill them. We will either have people with lots of debt fill them, immigrants, or someone who learned the job early and now can make 6 digits because of his skill level.

I don't think this is a political discussion, yet, but how do you expect people in this country to be competitive on a global level if kids are not graduating from college?

I agree that you don't need a degree to make a good living, but how much does it help in getting and maintaining a good living?

Depends on the degree.  Getting a degree in art or PE will do you no good whatever in getting a good living in my field.  Engineering is another matter.  The problem in the US is that we have too many bull muffin degrees.  The degree has become a status symbol and nothing of any real value, particularly in the fields where you actually have to have some skill.  Of course, the actual professions (doctor, teacher, lawyer, engineer) will always see the degree to be highly valued.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 10:47:06 PM »

Any position in healcare requires some degree for basic entry level licinsure.

Proverbs 22:7
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »

I'm currently working as a Voice Service Manager for AT&T, mainly handling international clients.  In a few short months, I will return to the classroom from which I have been regrettably absent for two whole years now.

One of the things I need/want to do is to complete my doctoral work. It's pretty much all done; I just need to get some things tweeked in the dissertation and resubmit and get approved.  Unfortunately, I'm too busy these days.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 11:26:32 PM »

I'm a high school student. My dream is to be a college student. Maybe even a graduate student someday.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 11:32:39 PM »

Thread split?

I'm going to need this.
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2012, 12:18:10 AM »

I'm a high school student. My dream is to be a college student. Maybe even a graduate student someday.

my experience, that person, is that undergraduate education is difficult, but graduate education is more of a breeze because you are truly working in the field and you are both motivated and interested.  just get your four year degree and the later steps will follow easily (at least in the science field i am interested in). note, that a scientist without caveats is not a scientist.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2012, 12:33:21 AM »

Depends on the degree.  Getting a degree in art or PE will do you no good whatever in getting a good living in my field.  Engineering is another matter.  The problem in the US is that we have too many bull muffin degrees.  The degree has become a status symbol and nothing of any real value, particularly in the fields where you actually have to have some skill.  Of course, the actual professions (doctor, teacher, lawyer, engineer) will always see the degree to be highly valued.

I also agree with you on this. I think we should rid a few degrees as well, but then again I'm sure there is a good argument as to why colleges should still offer Philosophy degrees and liberal arts degrees.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2012, 12:44:26 AM »

Oh boy...this is going someplace fun...I can feel it... Grin

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2012, 12:45:54 AM »

The fact that quite a substantial part of the world doesn't even finish elementary school, I'd say on a global level college is essentially unnecessary for competition.  Now, on a developed-world level, that's a different issue.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2012, 12:57:34 AM »

I get paid good money to find fault with other programmers' code. I dream of walking into work every day to the music of the Star Wars Imperial March and having a Darth Vader poster in my cube so my teammates can see I mean business.

My motto: You make it, I'll break it!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:58:31 AM by PeterTheAleut » Logged
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2012, 01:13:45 AM »

The fact that quite a substantial part of the world doesn't even finish elementary school, I'd say on a global level college is essentially unnecessary for competition.  Now, on a developed-world level, that's a different issue.

Quite a substantial part of the world does not have clean water or indoor plumbing, either.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »

Quite a substantial part of the world does not have clean water or indoor plumbing, either.

Well I didn't say college wasn't useful; in fact in order to compete with the developed world, I think it is probably generally rather useful, and the developed world is who we really ought to be trying to compete with - it isn't hard to beat Somalia economically.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Mivac

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2012, 09:10:09 AM »

Kind of curious what you all do for a living and what kind of dreams/ambitions you all have.

Do for a living: Shop manager / High pressure cylinder testing.

Dreams/ambitions: Make it through this life without losing my mind or soul.  Verdict is still out, prognosis not looking good.  Tongue
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2012, 09:23:31 AM »

Well I didn't say college wasn't useful; in fact in order to compete with the developed world, I think it is probably generally rather useful, and the developed world is who we really ought to be trying to compete with - it isn't hard to beat Somalia economically.

The "developed world" has skilled labor needs, too. It's the unskilled jobs that you want to tell you kids to avoid.

I'm going to need this.
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2012, 11:05:49 AM »

Any position in healcare requires some degree for basic entry level licinsure.

Not so. There are many technician/support/ancillary positions in healthcare that require minimal to no degree, though you may need some training or certification.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Sauron
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2012, 11:31:09 AM »

I am a fancy-pants lawyer. Big corporations pay me megabux to make arguments for them in court.

jmbejdl
Count-Palatine James the Spurious of Giggleswick on the Naze
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Church of Romania

Great Martyr St. John the New of Suceava

« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2012, 11:43:24 AM »

I'm a senior .NET developer. Unfortunately we make software for trading so it's not exactly exciting. To be honest I'd rather not work in an office at all, but I kind of have golden handcuffs - at least while I have two small kids and a massive mortgage.

My dream would be to jack it all in and have a smallholding, but I suspect that will always remain just a dream.

James

We owe greater gratitude to those who humble us, wrong us, and douse us with venom, than to those who nurse us with honour and sweet words, or feed us with tasty food and confections, for bile is the best medicine for our soul. - Elder Paisios of Mount Athos
elephant
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOAA

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »

I work for peanuts
Veniamin
Fire for Effect!
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA Diocese of the South

St. Barbara, patroness of the Field Artillery

« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:07 AM »

I am a fancy-pants lawyer. Big corporations pay me megabux to make arguments for them in court.

I am a fancy cheap-pants lawyer prosecutor. Big corporations The State of Texas pays me mega one or two bux to make arguments for them in court.

My side job of blowing stuff up is usually a lot more fun. Smiley

Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. ~Frederick the Great
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2012, 12:16:47 PM »

I work for peanuts

Do you do tricks for them or stand on little stools?

(One of my few remaining dreams is to meet a real live elephant!)

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2012, 12:21:10 PM »

As pretty much everyone on here knows, I work in Tax Compliance for a large US Consulting/Outsourcing firm and have an accounting and tax preparation business on the side.

My dream is to make my side business work and then hire a bunch of people to do all the work, sit back, and watch the $$ come in.

-Nick
The revolution will give you some real work to do. And will take care of your petty dreams. Financial wizardry isn't real work.

Meh, you certainly fit the profile of Napoleon from Animal Farm.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #72 on: May 08, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »

I also agree with you on this. I think we should rid a few degrees as well, but then again I'm sure there is a good argument as to why colleges should still offer Philosophy degrees and liberal arts degrees.

If it weren't for liberal arts degrees there would be no educated, literate people to work in fast food.  That has been my experience.  If I didn't have a friend in the company I work for, I would still be flipping burgers or doing security.

I took college because I had no knacks that could be turned into skillz so it seemed like the way to go.  If I had just followed my original idea and went to school for welding I would probably be making more money right now.  (As it turns out, I will be taking some welding courses this summer for S&Gs). 

That said, I really enjoyed my experience there and did pretty well (3.8-3.9 GPA, don't remember which).  I got through all four and a half years with no debt, just working and living at home.  I certainly don't consider it time wasted.  But if it looks like you are going to have more than a couple hundred dollars in debt a year after graduation, and have no plans on what exactly to do with your degree, then I honestly don't think it is worth the four or five years in which you will not be productive and earning a living.  It's better to get a skill and start making money.  Perhaps do college on the side and take your time, but I think that the prolonged adolescence that four+ years of school engenders is a problem for many people.

My buddy's GF went to school and got an education degree.  She is 15k in the hole and screwed up her student teaching because she is anti-social.  Now she is a phone jockey at a financial company, something she probably could have done w/o the 15k in debt.

As for hopes, dreams, and aspirations, some of yours are a bit uplifting, supposing the word "uplifting" wasn't gay...no homo.  But alas, I still have none.

Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #73 on: May 08, 2012, 04:11:38 PM »

Become a history professor, preferably in American Indian history.

Although I would like to study WWI as well and the cultural changes it brought about.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
primuspilus
Warned
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #74 on: May 08, 2012, 04:20:41 PM »

Im a case manager for a financial and insurance firm. My dream is to be a history teacher.

Unfotunately, to do so, I have to quit here, and my family has a nasty habit of eating and wanting to be dry...a habit I am forced to feed......

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »

But alas, I still have none.

Oh BS.  You sit at home every night and do the same thing that your father used to do: dream of taking over the world.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:46 PM »

I have no aptitude for anything like engineering, science or math at all. I get high As in every classes except those ones. I understand what's being said in every class except those ones. So for all the "lol liberal arts what a joke" that gets thrown around I'll still be getting a liberal arts degree.

The problem is figuring what to do with it. Law might be cool, but Sauron tells me the employment market for lawyers right now is terrible. Maybe teaching?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:02:08 PM by William » Logged

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
Oblio
Elder

The Pointless One !

« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »

I program thingums to keep the bad guys from killing our good guys.
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »

But alas, I still have none.

Oh BS.  You sit at home every night and do the same thing that your father used to do: dream of taking over the world.

Quiet.  I intend on sneaking up on people like underwear.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2012, 07:56:47 PM »

I have no aptitude for anything like engineering, science or math at all. I get high As in every classes except those ones. I understand what's being said in every class except those ones. So for all the "lol liberal arts what a joke" that gets thrown around I'll still be getting a liberal arts degree.

The funny thing about this is that the classical definition of what the liberal arts are includes mathematics and science. Something tells me that when people say "liberal arts" they mean silly majors like Gay and Lesbian Studies or Latino Fashion in 1920s Los Angeles or whatever. Not all liberal arts degrees are like that. In fact, I'm putting off finishing a sociophonetics paper right now because it's got so much math in it that I don't want to do it (spectrograph measurements/formant analysis)...but that's another story... Smiley

Point is: If you're looking to get into liberal arts to get away from math and science, you'll probably end up with one of those less useful degrees that everyone makes fun of when trashing the liberal arts. There's still plenty that you can do with a liberal arts degree that is useful to society, but you have to choose wisely. I have three friends who went into linguistics (my field) or related fields. One teaches at a university on the East Coast, another works as a developer for a voice recognition software company in their Italian department (and keeps hinting that I should apply to work on Russian there, but I don't want to live in San Francisco), and the last one has worked for the last few years developing software programs for children with reading disabilities (sort of a "Hooked on Phonics" thing, I guess).

There is plenty to do with a liberal arts degree if you're not set on getting a tenure track position.

Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #80 on: May 08, 2012, 08:10:37 PM »

I'm a dream killer.

Since everyone is playing now. I'm a pilot in the USAF.

I dream of settling down in a nice house and drinking beer, one day in the distant future.

I'm going to need this.
admiralnick
Cardinal, Editor for Photogalleries
OC.net guru

« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »

The problem is figuring what to do with it. Law might be cool, but Sauron tells me the employment market for lawyers right now is terrible. Maybe teaching?

Accounting. Projected to have 15% job growth over the next 5 years. No math higher than 4th grade required.

-Nick

The ORIGINAL: "NULL"
akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

The problem is figuring what to do with it. Law might be cool, but Sauron tells me the employment market for lawyers right now is terrible.

There are way too many in Australia, I'll say that much.

It is probably true in the States, as much as it is here, that the corporate lawyers (the ones who actually earn decent money) are the first to lose out in a downturn.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
ironchapman
A bull of truth in the china shop of falsehoods.
High Elder

Faith: Serious inquirer into Orthodoxy.

« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2012, 10:22:05 PM »

The problem is figuring what to do with it. Law might be cool, but Sauron tells me the employment market for lawyers right now is terrible.

It is probably true in the States, as much as it is here, that the corporate lawyers (the ones who actually earn decent money) are the first to lose out in a downturn.
Yes, we in the States have too many, and many more students who are getting law degrees.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." --Bertrand Russell
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #84 on: May 08, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »

I'm a senior .NET developer.
I'll break your app for you. Grin
Maximum Bob
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2012, 10:52:27 PM »

I work as the Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse Specialist for our County's Human Services Department. I have a part time side job supervising the Alcohol and Drug Abuse Program in a neighboring county, and a very part time job as an election inspector for our city. Given the I have held temporary teaching positions for our state government, I like to joke that all I need to do is find a part time Federal job and I'll be the ultimate government employee.  Grin

My most significant goal is to be come a Catechumen once my wife is ready to take that step and then to get Chrismated.

My most immediate goal is to get either the promotion I'm interviewing for a week from Wed. that I posted on the prayer forum, or if not that then to get the supervisory job from the neighboring county on a full time basis.

As to college I got my Bachelors degree in Psychology, but have wished several times I had gone on for at least a masters. If I were to go back to school now I think I'd want to go into history, gee where have we heard that before.  Cheesy

edited to fix spelling
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 10:55:13 PM by Maximum Bob » Logged

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
PeterTheAleut
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »

Yes, we in the States have too many, and many more students who are getting law degrees.
The philosopher René Descartes once sat down at a bar with a lawyer and uttered his famous saying, "I think, therefore I am." The lawyer then said, "Oops," and disappeared.
akimori makoto
Archon

« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2012, 10:58:14 PM »

The philosopher René Descartes once sat down at a bar with a lawyer and uttered his famous saying, "I think, therefore I am." The lawyer then said, "Oops," and disappeared.

Hahahah, I actually lol'd at that.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2012, 10:59:03 PM »

I would like to be:

King of the Gypsies

A Scottish Bagpiper

At Picketts charge ( if I could go back in time)  Ditto for The Alamo and Thermopylae

A Monk on Athos

A lottery winner either Mega Millions or Power Ball or both (God willing)

Taller

Those are all my ambitions

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

look into my lovable alpaca eyes

« Reply #89 on: May 08, 2012, 11:34:58 PM »

My dream of being a jockey was crushed by my height. Never mind my total lack of equestrian experience, I blame it on the fact that I'm 5'8".

My other secret dream is to be a referee in the NFL.  I know I'd be better than Jeff Triplette.

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: