Author Topic: Muslim Cruelty  (Read 401 times)

Offline Ikonguru

• Lord have Mercy upon me, a Sinner
  • Faith: Orthodox catechumen
  • Jurisdiction: Greek - Thyateira
Muslim Cruelty
« on: May 04, 2012, 04:32:28 PM »
Muslim woman beat girl, 10, with steel ladle for not reading enough of Koran

A Muslim woman who repeatedly beat a 10-year-old girl with a steel ladle for not reading enough verses of the Koran is facing jail today.

Asia Parveen, 31 brandished a knife at the child after accusing her of lying about her prayers.

Parveen, who was five months pregnant at the time, also forced the girl to stand with her arms outstretched for four hours,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2139623/Muslim-woman-beat-girl-10-steel-ladle-reading-Koran.html

It is from a place of exile, where my captors torment me, that I write these lines. Through the grace of our Lord, I may one day be free.

Offline Luckster

• Double Dipper
Re: Muslim Cruelty
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 04:43:13 PM »
And I thought the wooden spoon was bad.

Offline WeldeMikael

• High Elder
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 04:58:26 PM »
This make me think about very young children reciting the Koran at heart.

Frightening (but this is another topic).

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 05:03:05 PM »
This make me think about very young children reciting the Koran at heart.

Frightening (but this is another topic).

Why? Rote learning is something children can excel in. Our kids are learning by rote how to play video games. They are learning a staggering accomplishment of world literature.

Imagine knowing the Psalms by heart. Or even your favorite five Shakespearean plays.

If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline WeldeMikael

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 05:13:27 PM »
I agree that's way better than videogames, but with deeper "attention", I think the way the child learned it is (in this case) frightening. I mean, some children are very young, that's pure "ballyhoo" (thanks google translation ;D ).

I'm not really saying that the child has better things to do... but anyway, this frightens me a bit.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:16:36 PM by WeldeMikael »

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Chapter one again, here I go again
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 06:34:20 PM »
I think we need to remember that the mother apparently had some very serious problems (I'm not a medical professional, I'm just going on the 'brandishing a knife' thing). It's one thing to make a kid memorize a book, another for the kid to have to grow up with a disturbed mother who pulls a knife on her.

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
I think we need to remember that the mother apparently had some very serious problems (I'm not a medical professional, I'm just going on the 'brandishing a knife' thing). It's one thing to make a kid memorize a book, another for the kid to have to grow up with a disturbed mother who pulls a knife on her.

Wait, you are saying you mother threatening you with knife is not good?

Here's to another 12 years of therapy.

Thanks.
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline JamesRottnek

• Protokentarchos
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 09:34:12 PM »
Christians can be crazy people too.
I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011