OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 26, 2014, 08:45:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about theology  (Read 429 times) Average Rating: 0
WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Warned
Archon

« on: July 29, 2012, 06:31:47 PM »

I've noticed that many of the Evangelical Pastors on the televised networks always propose some sort of cosmic duality with the Christ vs Satan schematic...how come do they do that? wondering
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 07:33:24 PM »

They find it more exciting? I've never really understood such charismatic notions...

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
WPM
Revolutionary Writer
Warned
Archon

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:37:10 PM »

John the Theologian was Evangelical but it wasn't about displaying or showing off your emotions
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »

I've noticed that many of the Evangelical Pastors on the televised networks always propose some sort of cosmic duality with the Christ vs Satan schematic...how come do they do that? wondering

Because they are gnostics and Manicheans.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 12:45:01 PM »

if u have questions about theology and don't want to be completely confused, then don't watch any televised networks!
(unless u know any good orthodox ones like CTV, coptic t.v.)
the american t.v. scene brings out the very worst of protestantism, and is about as representative of main stream protestant Christian thought as this website is of orthodoxy!
 Wink
neon_knights
High Elder

Faith: Christian

My political hero.

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »

Because they are gnostics and Manicheans.

All evangelicals aren't gnostics, there are a lot of gnostic tendencies and ideas within mainstream evangelicalism but it would be wrong to call evangelicals flat out gnostics.
alanscott
Elder

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Wesleyan

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:12:18 PM »

if u have questions about theology and don't want to be completely confused, then don't watch any televised networks!
(unless u know any good orthodox ones like CTV, coptic t.v.)
the american t.v. scene brings out the very worst of protestantism, and is about as representative of main stream protestant Christian thought  Wink

+1

There are heathens that live with more virtue than I. The devil himself believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Neither of these things truly makes me Christian.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: