Author Topic: "God has a plan for my life..." - Original Monotheist's responce  (Read 901 times)

Offline amartin

I must say that I agree with the above statements. God does not have a plan for everyone. 16,000 children die of starvation related causes every single day. But some people do have a special calling...

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
"God has a plan for my life..." - Original Monotheist's responce
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 11:47:35 PM »
I must say that I agree with the above statements. God does not have a plan for everyone. 16,000 children die of starvation related causes every single day. But some people do have a special calling...

How do you know that dying of starvation is not a part of their plan?  God's plans are not chiefly designed for the physical world, but rather the salvation of souls.
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline amartin

Re: "God has a plan for my life..." - Original Monotheist's responce
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 04:56:23 PM »
Interesting how the moderator cut this post of my out of someone's thread and made a new thread out of it. But whatever you want to do...

Offline amartin

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 04:57:01 PM »

How do you know that dying of starvation is not a part of their plan?

Are you kidding?

Offline Asteriktos

• Hypatos
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 05:16:06 PM »
Interesting how the moderator cut this post of my out of someone's thread and made a new thread out of it. But whatever you want to do...

I was also confused by this. I thought maybe you had posted it separately yourself, but I didn't understand that either. I don't recall/see anything about the split though. Was it possibly a forum hiccup (though that also seems unlikely)?
"The soul is dyed the color of its thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become. Your integrity is your destiny--it is the light that guides your way." - Heraclitus

Offline yeshuaisiam

• Protokentarchos
  • A pulling horse cannot kick.
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:09:48 PM »

As a Christian, I need to be more charitable, to widows, orphans, and those in need.  :(
I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com

Offline JamesRottnek

• Taxiarches
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »

How do you know that dying of starvation is not a part of their plan?

Are you kidding?

No.  The only reason this would seem a ghastly comment is if you don't realize that God is concerned with eternal salvation far more than physical life.
"Homosexuality has been a popular topic, but not Satanic trances."

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011