OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 06:10:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL standout linebacker Junior Seau dead of suicide  (Read 318 times) Average Rating: 0
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:03:40 PM »

Shocking news today. Perhaps one of the best linebackers ever in the NFL, Junior Seau, has died. The cause is apparently suicide.

From the article:
Former football player Junior Seau was found dead in his home, according to a report from TMZ.

Police are investigating a shooting at the former New England Patriot and San Diego Charger's home in Oceanside, Calif., according to multiple reports.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:04:18 PM by biro » Logged

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 03:10:57 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

This chronic head injury-->depression, violence, suicide connection will not go away anytime soon.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:12:42 PM by Cognomen » Logged

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:13:06 PM »

New report on NFL.com:

Here

L.A. Times

Cry Cry

Lord have mercy on his soul.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:50:58 PM »

Memory Eteranal!

"No man gives the same exegesis twice: for he is not the same man, and it is not the same text." - St. Heraclitus
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 04:16:36 PM »

Lord, have mercy.

This chronic head injury-->depression, violence, suicide connection will not go away anytime soon.
Indeed! its heart breaking! the stigma of seeking a psychiatric help on time as well as the tradition of sucking up to pain is a disaster. the brain is an organ just like the heart is. people will not hesitate to go to hospitals for heart problems they even advise it yet when people suffer from mental problems some go out of their way to discourage psychiatric help and make those who do seek help ashamed of it and want to hide. so some resort never to go out of that, or out of the disease process itself tampering with a rational thinking.

honestly speaking I get really furious when I hear people callously discourage seeking medical help either directly or indirectly, some even try to use religious reasons as if those two are contrary to one another. besides like Christ said, hypocrisy of those who hated that it was he who was healing, accused him of not obeying God by not observing the Sabbath when he healed on the Sabbath. he asked them which one of you would not feed your cattle on the Sabbath? which one of you would not rescue your cattle from a ditch on the sabbath? I would say to some which one of you would not want to go to a hospital if you or your loved ones got severely sick in a church during service? then why be hypocrites just because you might not like who is doing the healing, you can not use God for rationalisation of your bias.  Please folks, if you know anyone who suffers from mental sickness please pray for them as well as take them to a Hospital, while they are there bring a priest for the anointing service. use the grace that is available to you already both through the Church and the medical profession.

Yes... this is very personal to me.

Lord have mercy on his Soul and may his memory be eternal!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »

Memory eternal!

Great linebacker. Always loved to see his intensity on the field and he wasn't thuggish about it either like too many other NFL stars today.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Fotina02

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »

Lord have mercy.

(Just saw this.)
Tags: Junior Seau  sports  NFL 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: