Author Topic: Looking for AFR podcast on Protestant prayer  (Read 1144 times)

Offline Sauron

• High Elder
Looking for AFR podcast on Protestant prayer
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:30:01 AM »
I was not sure which forum was appropriate for this post, so please move if another forum is more appropriate.

One of the AFR podcasts I listen to is The Arena, which features homilies and interviews by Fr. Josiah Trenham. I remember one such episode where he delivered a homily that spoke to prayer and he addressed the Protestant tendency to add the word "just" to every prayer e.g. "O Father, we just blah blah blah". However, I have not been able to put my finger on it. Does anyone else listen to this podcast and recognize the episode? If so, could you please advise which one it is? Thank you very much.

Offline NicholasMyra

• Merarches
    • Hyperdox Herman
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Partially-overlapping
Re: Looking for AFR podcast on Protestant prayer
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »
I thought the full invocation was: "Lord I just wanna" or "Father-God I just wanna".
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 11:46:59 AM by NicholasMyra »
Quote from: Fr. Thomas Hopko, dystopian parable of the prodigal son
...you can imagine so-called healing services of the pigpen. The books that could be written, you know: Life in the Pigpen. How to Cope in the Pigpen. Being Happy in the Pigpen. Surviving in the Pigpen. And then there could be counselling, for people who feel unhappy in the pigpen, to try to get them to come to terms with the pigpen, and to accept the pigpen.

Offline dzheremi

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 12:02:34 PM »
Are you sure you're not thinking of Fr. Andrew Damick's "Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy" podcast, Sauron? I vaguely remember something similar there (it's been a while since I listened to it, though), but not in "The Arena". I think it was in one of the the O&H talks on revivalism, but I'm not sure.

Offline ZealousZeal

• Cosmic Knowledge Fish
  • Section Moderator
  • Protokentarchos
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: OCA
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »
I thought the full invocation was: "Lord I just wanna" or "Father-God I just wanna".

+1
You want your belt to buckle, not your chair.

Offline Sauron

• High Elder
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »
Are you sure you're not thinking of Fr. Andrew Damick's "Orthodoxy and Heterodoxy" podcast, Sauron? I vaguely remember something similar there (it's been a while since I listened to it, though), but not in "The Arena". I think it was in one of the the O&H talks on revivalism, but I'm not sure.

Yes, I am sure.