OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 08:50:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yashua came to teach "Hesychasm" to the Holy Apostles  (Read 911 times) Average Rating: 0
amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« on: May 01, 2012, 05:48:34 PM »

I don't know what they called this mystic reality in Aramaic or Hebrew. But i know for a fact that the universal meditation gnosis was practiced by the Essenes and was taught by Yashua to The Twelve Holy Apostles and that it has continued down to the present day. I know this from my experience coupled with reading scriptures. Also, this has been confirmed to humankind by Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda Ji who referred to Yashua and the Apostles as Master Yogis, as that is the word used in his spiritual tradition. Uniting to the Cosmic Consciousness by meditation is absolutely the only way to attain salvation. That is why Yashua came.

You have been infomed that, as a non-Orthodox Christian, you are not allowed to present your teachings and beliefs in the Faith Issues subsection. 20 days of warning - Michał Kalina
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 05:50:27 PM by amartin » Logged
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Truth, Justice, and the American way!

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:54:47 PM »

Is that official "Original Monotheism" doctrine?

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
amartin

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 05:57:07 PM »

Its just my opinion.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

What does this meditation and/or hesychasm consist of? People seem to mean different things when these words are used (e.g., one person will talk about meditating on Scripture, and make it a very intellectualized activity, while another person will speak of meditation as the emptying of your mind of all thoughts)

amartin

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:09:57 PM »

What does this meditation and/or hesychasm consist of? People seem to mean different things when these words are used (e.g., one person will talk about meditating on Scripture, and make it a very intellectualized activity, while another person will speak of meditation as the emptying of your mind of all thoughts)

Its not meditating on scripture. But it is necessary to empty oneself from thoughts. In my studies, its the same thing as Holy Hesychasm. Praise unto Yashua who has rightly revealed.
samkim
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 06:23:10 PM »

Its not meditating on scripture. But it is necessary to empty oneself from thoughts. In my studies, its the same thing as Holy Hesychasm. Praise unto Yashua who has rightly revealed.

Hesychasm is union with Jesus Christ, not a supra-personal cosmic absolute. Read the writings of Fr. Sophrony Sakharov.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:25:50 PM by samkim » Logged

주 예수 그리스도 하느님의 아들이시여 저 이 죄인을 불쌍히 여기소서.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 06:46:49 PM »

I don't know what they called this mystic reality in Aramaic or Hebrew. But i know for a fact that the universal meditation gnosis was practiced by the Essenes and was taught by Yashua to The Twelve Holy Apostles and that it has continued down to the present day. I know this from my experience coupled with reading scriptures. Also, this has been confirmed to humankind by Sri Sri Paramahansa Yogananda Ji who referred to Yashua and the Apostles as Master Yogis, as that is the word used in his spiritual tradition. Uniting to the Cosmic Consciousness by meditation is absolutely the only way to attain salvation. That is why Yashua came.
I tried to find the Sanskrit cognate to "hesychasm". ("Helios" has the Sanskrit cognate "surya".) The closest Sanskrit I could find was "sakura", meaning "quiet, tame".

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 07:24:52 PM »

And hearing, they do not understand...

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 07:43:43 PM »

Yogananda

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
amartin

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »

LOL
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2012, 09:50:06 PM »

LOL @ the photo.

I can't remember much scripture of Yeshua/Jesus Christ teaching the apostle to meditate or to become Gurus/Yogis.   I don't even recall the writings of early Christians referencing to meditate as a Yogi.

I don't think our savior Jesus Christ, sat around with his eyes shut like some kind of mystic guru as he was shown in the 70's movie "Jesus of Nazareth".

Honestly, if you know so much of who Christ was, please enlighten the forum of sources showing how he was teaching the apostles deep yogi like meditation.

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2012, 10:23:24 PM »

LOL @ the photo.

I can't remember much scripture of Yeshua/Jesus Christ teaching the apostle to meditate or to become Gurus/Yogis.   I don't even recall the writings of early Christians referencing to meditate as a Yogi.
Jesus told several people to come and follow Him. One form of Yoga (Guru-Bhakti Yoga) involves paying attention to the person of the Guru (simply "teacher", though possibly more than that) and following the Guru's teachings, teachings that might not involve any complicated, formal meditative acts as found in, say, raja yoga.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:24:15 PM by Jetavan » Logged

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »

LOL @ the photo.

I can't remember much scripture of Yeshua/Jesus Christ teaching the apostle to meditate or to become Gurus/Yogis.   I don't even recall the writings of early Christians referencing to meditate as a Yogi.
Jesus told several people to come and follow Him. One form of Yoga (Guru-Bhakti Yoga) involves paying attention to the person of the Guru (simply "teacher", though possibly more than that) and following the Guru's teachings, teachings that might not involve any complicated, formal meditative acts as found in, say, raja yoga.

When comparative religion goes bad . . .

But then again does it ever go right?

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 10:40:25 PM »

Jesus taught the twelve to be silent, so they went to the nations giving speeches that got them killed. Sounds about right.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:40:37 PM by Alveus Lacuna » Logged
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 11:22:05 PM »

Jesus taught the twelve to be silent, so they went to the nations giving speeches that got them killed. Sounds about right.

Who says hesychasm is about external silence, i.e. not talking? It's about inner silence.
Paisius
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Multi-Jurisdictional

Reframed

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2012, 11:58:58 PM »

laugh laugh laugh

"Is it really true that political self-interest is nobler somehow than economic self-interest?" - Milton Friedman
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2012, 12:42:44 AM »

Who says hesychasm is about external silence, i.e. not talking? It's about inner silence.

You're not fun at this.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2012, 12:56:46 AM »

You're not fun at this.

would it help if i said i laughed when i first read your post? Wink
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »

laugh

I'm going to need this.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up