Author Topic: Is masturbation allowed?  (Read 51721 times)

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
Re: Is masturbation allowed?
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
I don't know who Monica Bellucci is, but judging from those photos in the link above, I am not impressed.  More photoshopping is needed for me to get interested.

Face reality.  In 20 years you won't even look 5% as good as Monica, unless you had some major surgery.

When you get my age, even someone only 5% as good looking as Monica would present a temptation.
I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.

Offline hecma925

• Non-clairvoyant, but you can call me Elder
  • Hoplitarches
  • Unbreakable! He's alive, dammit! It's a MIRACLE!
  • Faith: Truthful Chalcedonian Truther
  • Jurisdiction: Censer-following zapivka-dipper
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2014, 09:29:47 AM »
I don't know who Monica Bellucci is, but judging from those photos in the link above, I am not impressed.  More photoshopping is needed for me to get interested.

Face reality.  In 20 years you won't even look 5% as good as Monica, unless you had some major surgery.

When you get my age, even someone only 5% as good looking as Monica would present a temptation.

Amen.
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Once Christ has filled the Cross, it can never be empty again.

"But God doesn't need your cookies!  Arrive on time!"

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
  • All good things come to an end
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »

Face reality.  In 20 years you won't even look 5% as good as Monica, unless you had some major surgery.
As a relatively unattractive 34 yr old male, I doubt I look 5% as good as Monica right now, but that does not stop me from being unimpressed with her unphotoshopped photos. When I check out women on the internet, they better be super freakin' smokin' hot, otherwise I'm just wasting my time. I can go to google images, type in "hot girl" and come up with thousands of more interesting pictures to examine.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:04:21 AM by TheTrisagion »
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2014, 10:04:48 AM »

When I check out women on the internet, they better be super freakin' smokin' hot, otherwise I'm just wasting my time.

Fixed.   :P
Happy shall he be, that shall take and dash thy little ones against the rock. Alleluia.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2014, 10:08:24 AM »

When I check out women on the internet, they better be super freakin' smokin' hot, otherwise I'm just wasting my time.

Well, that is a given, but since we have already established the fact that we are checking out women by looking at Monica Bellucci, we must now determine the extent by which we are wasting time. Are we wasting time looking at over-the-hill Italian women or young blonde co-eds? Such decisions cannot be made lightly.  ;)
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:07 AM »

Well, that is a given, but since we have already established the fact that we are checking out women by looking at Monica Bellucci, we must now determine the extent by which we are wasting time. Are we wasting time looking at over-the-hill Italian women or young blonde co-eds? Such decisions cannot be made lightly.  ;)

I'll take Monica, as co-ed implies men and women.

Offline charbelkaleab

• Most High Imperial Prince
  • Elder
  • St John of Shanghai and San Francisco pray for us!
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »
young blinds but just the women  ;)

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2014, 10:20:15 AM »

If I was allowed to link to urbandictionary from work, I would show you how so very wrong you are.  

And now I am feeling a bit dirty, so I think I will end this convo.  :P
God bless!

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
  • Faith: Orthodox seeker
  • Jurisdiction: Deanery of Great Britain and Ireland
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2014, 10:23:24 AM »
I think the problem is that doing it without your mind wandering is pretty much impossible.  Plus do we really want to turn something sexual into strict mechanics?  It is always ideal to become free from the need through a mutually agreeable act with one's spouse.  Now as a guy I know that once you are to a certain point there is a risk that said freedom may come before the other person gets anything out of it so I see nothing wrong with the spouse freely helping relieve said tension without resorting to traditional intercourse.  After all it since our bodies belong to our spouses the owner should make sure their possessions are taken care of properly (of course this goes both ways)
That's what I think, too. Since your mind is the most erogenous zone, it may be very difficult to do this without thinking about those things. Besides, there actually is the problem of turning sexual activities in just pleasure of oneself.
I also agree, that someones spouse can help masturbating.

But here is, what I wanted to post. I'd like to translate the last paragraph for you:
"More serious are the things in the case of masturbation. If a cleric causes the secretion of sperm in this way, he will be punished with idleness of one year. However, it is enough to stop the habit: if he continues doing it, he will be cleaned (I have no idea what they mean with this, maybe there is somebody who could help me.). If the onanist is a layman or monk, he will be punished with simple aphorism of forty days, which he will have to pass with dry food and hundred genuflections daily. Double as much to the aphorism and the dry food, but same on the amount of genuflections is the punishment in mutual masturbation ("double working in wanking")."

I'd think, that the last sentence is meant outsides of marriage. The source of this site is the book called "Σύστημα του Εκκλησιαστικού Δικαίου κατά την εν Ελλάδι ισχύν αυτού" (System of Ecclesiastical law in the potency in Greece) of Π. Παναγιωτάκου (P. Panagiotakou) under "Το Ποινικόν Δίκαιον της Εκκλησίας" (The criminal law of the Church).

Besides, let's look at the view of the Roman-Catholic Church on this topic, which we can read here. Let me also translate this:
"2352 Masturbation is the deliberate stimulation of the sex organs with the aim of sexual desire. "The fact is, that both, the Magisterium in its long and always consistent tradition and the moral sense of the faithful have never hesitated to brand masturbation as a heavy improperly action", because "the free use of sexual gender power, whatever motive there is, contradicts outside normal conjugal relations of its objective significantly." The sought for its own sake sexual pleasure misses "the by the moral order demanded sexual relationship, namely this, which realizes the total meaning of mutual self-giving and the really and human procreation in real love." (CDF, Conf. "Persona humana" 9)

This, again, shows us that masturbation isn't an act sexuality should be experienced by us, at least outsides of marriage. I think, that masturbation in a marriage is okay, as long as you don't fantasize about other women than your own wife. Also, mutual masturbation during marriage is allowed.

That's what I found out, my friends. ;)

If this is the case, it's time for me to get married  :D
My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:50 AM »

IF (and I am NOT admitting that it has ever happened) I were to check out women on the internet, over-the-hill is the only way to go.  There is a nice four word term for these absolutely gorgious and classy women that I would probably get a green meatball for even using the first letter of each word.

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2014, 10:25:58 AM »

If I was allowed to link to urbandictionary from work, I would show you how so very wrong you are.  

And now I am feeling a bit dirty, so I think I will end this convo.  :P
HAHAHAHA, dirty urbandictionary-using man!

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2014, 11:03:26 AM »

IF (and I am NOT admitting that it has ever happened) I were to check out women on the internet, over-the-hill is the only way to go.  There is a nice four word term for these absolutely gorgious and classy women that I would probably get a green meatball for even using the first letter of each word.

SEXY

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2014, 11:06:23 AM »

This might be because young 20-something year old women might not be interested in reciprocating with an old dude who chills with a cigar while wearing a paratrooper helmet.   :laugh:
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2014, 11:06:43 AM »

SEXY

Four words, not four letters; although it is more appropriate than what I think Punch is wanting to write. ;)

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »

This might be because young 20-something year old women might not be interested in reciprocating with an old dude who chills with a cigar while wearing a paratrooper helmet.   :laugh:

Money talks.  Come on, haven't you been to Atlantic City? 

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2014, 11:07:50 AM »

SEXY

Four words, not four letters; although it is more appropriate than what I think Punch is wanting to write. ;)

Sure it is.  ;D ;D

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2014, 11:07:55 AM »

SEXY

The boy is 14 yrs old. Let's keep at least a semblance of his innocence still in tack.   :angel::laugh:
God bless!

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2014, 11:08:53 AM »

The one with all the old people playing the slot machines?  Are you saying that Punch is also a degenerate gambler?  ;D
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2014, 11:19:58 AM »

The one with all the old people playing the slot machines?  Are you saying that Punch is also a degenerate gambler?  ;D

Nah, just that people from NJ...eh, nvm.

Offline Elisha

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2014, 11:28:14 AM »

One could do much, much worse.

I could easily venerate those images by fapping.

Yeah.  I think Cyrillic is having a bad day or something. 

Someone else who does not appreciate those photos:

THAT...is pretty freakin funny.

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2014, 02:21:00 PM »
The boy is 14 yrs old. Let's keep at least a semblance of his innocence still in tack.   :angel::laugh:

Only 14?  Well, that is different.  He does not want to go to the four word sites, but to the ones named after a rather large cat (also called a mountain lion).

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2014, 02:30:24 PM »
God bless!

Offline Arachne

• Trinary Unit || Resident Bossy Boots
  • Section Moderator
  • Merarches
  • I was almost normal once, but I got better.
  • Faith: Cradle Greek Orthodox. Cope.
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian Archdiocese, UK
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2014, 02:34:44 PM »

Only 14?  Well, that is different.  He does not want to go to the four word sites, but to the ones named after a rather large cat (also called a mountain lion).

Some real bargains to be found, too. ;)
'Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against stupid. That might actually make a difference.'~Harry Dresden

~ Bookshelf ~ Jukebox ~

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2014, 02:35:37 PM »

Some real bargains to be found, too. ;)

LOL!
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding

Offline vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
  • Faith: Serbian Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of New Gracanica
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2014, 02:37:11 PM »
The boy is 14 yrs old. Let's keep at least a semblance of his innocence still in tack.   :angel::laugh:

Only 14?  Well, that is different.  He does not want to go to the four word sites, but to the ones named after a rather large cat (also called a mountain lion).

Mmmmm...love me some Puma.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 02:37:29 PM by vamrat »
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #250 on: October 28, 2014, 02:38:05 PM »
Sorry, I don't go for Nazi women.
God bless!

Offline Cyrillic

• Laser Basileus.
  • Toumarches
  • St. Theodoret of Cyrrhus, pray for us!
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to Finland
« Reply #251 on: October 28, 2014, 02:39:20 PM »
Who wouldn't want one of them at your feet?

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #252 on: October 28, 2014, 02:47:23 PM »

Probably would have. 

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #253 on: October 28, 2014, 02:53:56 PM »

You vill fappen zu me.

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2014, 02:59:38 PM »
Speaking of Nazis......

My Lord, My Lord, give my worthless soul the illumination of Wisdom in your mercy

Offline sakura95

• Resident Philosonoob
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #255 on: October 28, 2014, 03:01:39 PM »

You vill fappen zu me.

My Allegiance to the Third Reich has been confirmed.

Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #256 on: October 28, 2014, 03:02:58 PM »
...and this thread took a swift downhill turn if that was even possible given its starting point.
God bless!

Offline DeniseDenise

• Taxiarches
  • This place holds to nothing....
  • Faith: Does it matter?
  • Jurisdiction: Unverifiable, so irrelevant
« Reply #257 on: October 28, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »
...and this thread took a swift downhill turn if that was even possible given its starting point.

This should be closed....Godwin's law.
All opinions expressed by myself are quite tragically my own, and not those of any other poster or wall hangings.

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #258 on: October 28, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »

All good threads eventually get Godwined.

Offline TheTrisagion

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #259 on: October 28, 2014, 03:15:23 PM »
So, how about that masturbation, huh?
God bless!

Offline hecma925

• Hoplitarches
« Reply #260 on: October 28, 2014, 04:06:38 PM »

Too late.

Offline Punch

• Taxiarches
« Reply #261 on: October 28, 2014, 05:13:31 PM »

Well, I guess what I am getting from this thread is that spanking the monkey falls into one of three barrels:

1. If you are masturbating to visions of hot (defined however you wish) women, you are sinning.

2. If you are participating in noetic masturbation where you are flogging the bishop with no passion, you may or may not be sinning.

3. The one eyed wonder worm was installed on your body by Satan himself and if you are even aware that it is there, let alone have seen or touched it, you are going to Hell.  And if you even think of putting it in your wife at any time other than the two days a year the Chruch allows, you will spend weeks in the Toll Houses.

Offline Mor Ephrem

• Ο προκαθήμενος της Ορθοδοξίας - The President of Orthodoxy
  • Section Moderator
  • Hypatos
  • Two half-eggs
    • OrthodoxChristianity.net
  • Faith: The Ancienter Faith
  • Jurisdiction: But my heart belongs to FOCOF
« Reply #262 on: October 28, 2014, 05:16:16 PM »
Apparently, can smart . . has brain.

Yes, I do real Theology

I am the Antichrist LOL just kidding

Offline charbelkaleab

• Elder
« Reply #263 on: October 28, 2014, 05:37:00 PM »
Theres days when you cant put it up?  :o :o

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Stratopedarches
  • Pray for me St. Severus
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #264 on: October 30, 2014, 12:16:44 PM »
Thread locked pending review
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.