OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 03:26:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving, hopefully for the better  (Read 255 times) Average Rating: 0
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« on: April 26, 2012, 04:20:49 PM »

If I could request prayers, I'm planning on moving in the next month or so. I'll be leaving my Old Kentucky Home in favor of the Peach State. I have some really great friends there, who are now Orthodox catechumens, but they're about an hour and a half away from any parish. The goal is to, with the help of the local parishes, establish a mission in their city. I will be moving down in order to assist in that endeavor. There is another group down there of about 15 or so folks that also want to establish a mission, so it looks hopeful, though there also seems to be a bit jurisdictional politics going on. Yikes.

Anyway, having been out of work for months where I am, and having received a chance to move down to be with some of my best friends and help establish a new Orthodox community...I'm really excited about it all, though it's fairly big move, especially since I'm moving away from the parish at which I was catechized and received into the Church. So, again, prayers are much appreciated!

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »

God be with you and may He bless your journey and efforts!

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
marigold
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »

May God bless you.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 06:58:48 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »

Lord have mercy and bless you!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 08:02:24 PM »

Congrats, Lord have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: