OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 26, 2014, 03:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: May the Martyrs Strengthen Us  (Read 314 times) Average Rating: 0
Salpy
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« on: April 24, 2012, 09:45:47 PM »

This came from an e-mailed newsletter from Archbishop Khajag Barsamian of the Eastern Diocese of the United States:

“I shall face the task before me with confidence, and do so boldly—for the Father requests me, and the Church is with me, and the sainted martyrs will strengthen me wherever I am weak. In this way have the martyrs shown their power: mocking the wrath of princes, seizing victory through their fall, bursting the bars of life that they may open the gates of heaven. If anyone doubts that death is abolished, that the chains of hell are broken, that the tyrant is bound—let him look upon the martyrs standing up in the face of death, and taking up the jubilant strain of Christ’s victory.” — From “On All the Saints,” by St. Gregory the Wonder-worker (4th c.)

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:38:39 PM »

This came from an e-mailed newsletter from Archbishop Khajag Barsamian of the Eastern Diocese of the United States:

“I shall face the task before me with confidence, and do so boldly—for the Father requests me, and the Church is with me, and the sainted martyrs will strengthen me wherever I am weak. In this way have the martyrs shown their power: mocking the wrath of princes, seizing victory through their fall, bursting the bars of life that they may open the gates of heaven. If anyone doubts that death is abolished, that the chains of hell are broken, that the tyrant is bound—let him look upon the martyrs standing up in the face of death, and taking up the jubilant strain of Christ’s victory.” — From “On All the Saints,” by St. Gregory the Wonder-worker (4th c.)

Amen!

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
Tags: Armenian Genocide 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: