OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 11:02:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Formally Renounce Christianity  (Read 6520 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 08:09:49 PM »

if this person is posting honestly, then all the joking is just pushing him further and further away. perhaps the notion that someone is apostasizing from the Church should be taken seriously.

Nope, this guy has been weird from post #1

Greetings.

I was thinking about why/how God allows the suffering of innocent children. For example, thousands die every year from starvation.

To account for this, for a while I believed that God transcends desire, willing, and action.

But from a scientific perspective, could it be possible that God is at such a high vibrational frequency that God cannot automatically change things in the physical realm, which exists at an infinitely lower frequency? For example, spirits can walk through walls but they cannot easily change physical things. Could the same apply to God, but at infinitely higher levels?

Thanks for your input...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:29:34 PM by Quinault » Logged
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek by desire; Antiochian by necessity

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 08:25:37 PM »

Amartin, are you going to be the new pope for your new-found religion?  Let us know when the enthronement is. Grin

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

Faith: ✔

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 08:26:57 PM »

Greetings.

I was thinking about why/how God allows the suffering of innocent children. For example, thousands die every year from starvation.

To account for this, for a while I believed that God transcends desire, willing, and action.

But from a scientific perspective, could it be possible that God is at such a high vibrational frequency that God cannot automatically change things in the physical realm, which exists at an infinitely lower frequency? For example, spirits can walk through walls but they cannot easily change physical things. Could the same apply to God, but at infinitely higher levels?

Thanks for your input...

It's the vibrational frequency... yes... it's so clear now. Why didn't I ever think of that before?

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2012, 08:53:51 PM »

Unbelievable!
Are you becoming a messianic jew?

No certainly not. They have corrupted the scriptures by animal sacrifices, genital mutilation, and genocide. The Jews are a perverse people. They have also denied the messengers.
Then can you tell us where you've gotten your new religion? Who else is part of it? Do they have a website?

Its the religion of Adam, Noah, Enoch, Abraham, Zoroaster, Moses, and Yashua (Isa)

Oldest religion in the world.

No blood, no Trinity, no incarnate gods, etc.

Uh, Zoroaster wasn't a Muslim.

All the other people you mentioned were Jewish, up to Christ.

So, are you a really angry Messianic Jew, or a really angry Muslim convert?

You shouldn't believe everything student groups tell you in college.
The only persons "Jewish" in that list are Jesus and Moses.

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2012, 09:03:16 PM »

Its the religion of Adam, Noah, Enoch, Abraham, Zoroaster, Moses, and Yashua (Isa)

Oldest religion in the world.
Is anyone else besides you a part of that religion today? Can you name someone or a group?

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:03 PM »

I think he's having fun guys. At least I really hope so.

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2012, 09:09:47 PM »

Who cares? Feed the Troll! Feed the Troll!

I'm going to need this.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2012, 09:13:14 PM »

Remember, there'd have been no Moria cave-troll scene in LOTR if someone, somewhere wasn't feeding trolls.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2012, 09:15:43 PM »

Remember, there'd have been no Moria cave-troll scene in LOTR if someone, somewhere wasn't feeding trolls.

Gi'mee CooooKiiiieeeees!

I'm going to need this.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2012, 09:33:44 PM »

Nevermind Lips Sealed my comment could be construed as much more naughty than it is meant to be...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:35:19 PM by Quinault » Logged
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2012, 09:35:32 PM »

I believe that humans are descended from fallen angels, i.e. demons. I perceive this intuitively, and to me it makes sense experientially and rationally. After I believed this for a while, I found out that some of the Essenes believed the same thing. Has anyone else had this perception at any time?

I don't even know where to start with this one.

I especially will not shake hands with the heathen. This is an absolutely outrageous custom. If you do not know them and they are most likely not even spiritual, but are rather like the average citizen of the kingdom of darkness, then why on earth would the servants of God want to shake hands with them? Handshakes transmit energies into the bodies. Also, most of the heathen males masturbate daily with their right hand. But if you do not shake hands with them then they will not accept you into their dark world of "professionalism" (i.e. service of demons). They even have a whole way of judging you by your handshakes, whether it was firm and assertive and trustworthy, or whether it was weak and that you are therefore somehow a lesser person. This is absolutely crazy! Does anyone else believe this?

What if you are a lefty?

It's called a stranger.

Being sinister my entire life though, I've always gone gauche.

I guess it is a good thing that I am a woman since I am ambidextrous.

You can cook and do laundry at the same time?  Grin

I'm going to need this.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2012, 09:37:49 PM »

Oh! You caught me! LOL
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »

I am notsogood at the folding aspect of laundry (as evidenced by the bins and bins of laundry I have to fold at any given moment). I can wash/dry really well though!

I am a very good cook according to my family. Smiley But my husband is the master of all things round, flat and fried.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 09:42:31 PM by Quinault » Logged
That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2012, 09:48:20 PM »

Greetings.

Thanks for your input...

It's the vibrational frequency... yes... it's so clear now. Why didn't I ever think of that before?
Reverse the polarity of the neutron flow!

So yeah, between the technobabble, the strange connections between random literary and historic figures, the lack of sense of humor, and the whole "impending doom" vibe, your religion is looking pretty swell to such a science fiction fan as myself. What sort of initiation rites are there?

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2012, 09:50:15 PM »

Greetings.

Thanks for your input...

So yeah, between the technobabble, the strange connections between random literary and historic figures, the lack of sense of humor, and the whole "impending doom" vibe, your religion is looking pretty swell to such a science fiction fan as myself. What sort of initiation rites are there?

If it's having beers at BW's I'm in! (Buffalo Wild Wings)

I'm going to need this.
Bruin5

Faith: Greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolitanate of San Francisco

« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2012, 10:09:24 PM »

Amartin:

Is shaking hands with a Christian allowed in your new religion?
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA (Old Calendar)

« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2012, 10:11:30 PM »

I take this back. I now realize I'm the one who didn't get the joke.

Yeah, this character is pretty thinly constructed and not very convincing. I'm more interested in which regular poster is behind this persona.
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »

Greetings.

Thanks for your input...

Seems like a good opportunity to throw this out there:

"For this God is our God forever and ever; He will be our guide, even to the end." Psalm 48:14
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 10:32:22 PM »

Greetings.

Thanks for your input...

Seems like a good opportunity to throw this out there:

Grin Cheesy

I'm going to need this.
Quinault
Protokentarchos

« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »

Unbelievable!

No certainly not. They have corrupted the scriptures by animal sacrifices, genital mutilation, and genocide. The Jews are a perverse people. They have also denied the messengers.

Let's back up here a moment; care to clarify the above?
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 11:20:11 PM »

So transparently another Muslim performing e-dawah, pretending to be a Christian to put the same old blasphemy of Muhammad in a supposedly disarming package. I'm not buying it. Off to Rub' al-Khali with you.

amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 11:22:54 PM »

I was in ROCR but i realized i have to be more traditional than them even and go back earlier to Yashua himself. I cannot believe that mainstream Orthodoxy has turned into this...
ZealousZeal
Gainsaying Helpmeet
Archon

« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 11:25:58 PM »

Unbelievable!

Let's back up here a moment; care to clarify the above?

You know... the messengers... with the vibrational frequencies and hands worthy of shaking.

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 11:26:49 PM »

And where, pray tell, does "Isa" fit into all this, amartin? I mean, the only Isa I know posts here, and something tells me you're not talking about him...

amartin

« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 11:44:35 PM »

And where, pray tell, does "Isa" fit into all this, amartin? I mean, the only Isa I know posts here, and something tells me you're not talking about him...

Isa is Yashua. The first letter is transliterated as "Y" or "I". For example, Jews spell "Yisrael" and "Israel."

The better question is: who the heck is "Jesus" Huh There was NOBODY named Jesus. He is a fake character invented by the English.

The real man is Isa (pronounced: Yashua)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 11:44:59 PM by amartin » Logged
dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »

Hahaha. Um...no? Nice try, though.

Jesus is the English cognate of Yashua/Iyesus/'Isho/Yasu'. You have a problem with the English language? I don't see why. You're pretty good at it. Grin

'Isa, on the other hand, does not predate the Qur'an, and cannot be uncontroversially derived by regular correspondence to the other Semitic languages (Jeffery, 1938). Hence it is mighty curious that you would prefer it, especially considered together with some of the other things you've posted in this thread. A careful reader, in fact, might dare say your true colors are showing.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:11:58 AM by dzheremi » Logged

Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2012, 12:13:31 AM »

Isa is Yashua. The first letter is transliterated as "Y" or "I". For example, Jews spell "Yisrael" and "Israel."

The better question is: who the heck is "Jesus" Huh There was NOBODY named Jesus. He is a fake character invented by the English.

Technically it's Latin...."Iesvs." Of course, the Aramaic "Yeshua" is the same as the Anglo-sized "Joshua", but who's arguing such petty linguistics?

Oh. Nevermind... Roll Eyes

This should be interesting.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:14:03 AM by Benjamin the Red » Logged

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2012, 12:18:22 AM »

Technically it's Latin...."Iesvs." Of course, the Aramaic "Yeshua" is the same as the Anglo-sized "Joshua", but who's arguing such petty linguistics?

What's Anglo-sized? Imperial measurements? The fast food upgrade at a British McDonald's?

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »

What's Anglo-sized? Imperial measurements? The fast food upgrade at a British McDonald's?

It's the length from the elbow to the tip of the middle finger of the Archbishop of Canterbury.  Tongue

I meant "anglicized"...why I made up a word...poorly...the world may never know... Grin

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:49 AM »

1.  The English didn't invent the "character" of Jesus for the name Jesus is translated from the Greek Iησούς

2.  What is "original monotheism?"

3.  Can one have a sense of humor in your religion?   Huh
amartin

« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2012, 12:44:09 AM »

There is no Jesus. I publicly deny Jesus Christ. I only believe in Yashua the Messiah.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:14 AM »

There is no Jesus. I publicly deny Jesus Christ. I only believe in Yashua the Messiah.

So you're a Messianic Jew, a man-made religion.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2012, 12:50:42 AM »

Greetings. This is my post announcing that I formally renounce Christianity. If I am wrong on the Day of Judgement then may I be condemned for my insolence. I now follow only the eternal religion taught by the historical man Yashua. I no longer believe that the Christians are his followers. Saul of Tarsus initiated the Great Apostasy.

Joking aside, renouncing Christianity is renouncing Yeshua/Jesus.   The apostles decided that their new name would be "Christians", or followers of the Christ their God, who was made flesh in Yeshua (Aramaic transliterated into Greek as iesus, and to English as Jesus).

I find the statement about Saul interesting (though I disagree), but would hope (without jokes) that you could elaborate exactly what you believe, and how you formed the conclusions about Paul.   Unknown to many, there are a lot of "writings" against Saul in particular, that come from moderately sized groups of people & churches.

To the others, I do not believe the OP to be a Messianic Jew, as they respect Paul & his writings.  As bizarre as the statement may sound, the OP may be a victim of "Christian Disinfo".   There is a lot of that floating around.  

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 12:52:12 AM by yeshuaisiam » Logged

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2012, 01:03:17 AM »

1.  The English didn't invent the "character" of Jesus for the name Jesus is translated from the Greek Iησούς

2.  What is "original monotheism?"

3.  Can one have a sense of humor in your religion?   Huh

Original Monotheism by historical record would be Zoroastrianism (by historians).   Of course, since the Torah goes back to the beginning, by religious records, the Jews held the original.

Yeshua = Aramaic
Transliterated into Greek to the sound = iesus  (Greeks don't have the SH sound or Y)
Which King James transliterated to "Jesus", as the J sound and I sound were intermixed in old English (as well as latin).   We today say the hard "J" sound for the letter "J".

Some people get all bent out of shape on the name "Jesus" and call it a "complete scandal".   It's simply not true.  For my personal wonderment, I meddle and wonder why we all shouldn't call him Yeshua since in our English language we can easily spell it and pronounce it.   Kind of a "more perfect way".  I'm kind of at peace with it all though, and saying Jesus is traditional, and gives credit to the Greek texts.

GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2012, 01:10:37 AM »

What's the vibrational frequency, Kenneth?

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2012, 01:11:13 AM »

I love trolls
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2012, 01:16:18 AM »

if this person is posting honestly, then all the joking is just pushing him further and further away. perhaps the notion that someone is apostasizing from the Church should be taken seriously.

I really appreciate your post jckstraw72, although my basis for support is more emotional compared to your rational justification.  I find ridicule abhorrent. It makes me sick to my stomach, so to speak, and I wish it would just go away. I do not want to see this right now. I apologize to those who were debating rather than posting disdainfully in this thread.
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2012, 01:37:47 AM »

Original Monotheism by historical record would be Zoroastrianism (by historians).   Of course, since the Torah goes back to the beginning, by religious records, the Jews held the original.

Yeshua = Aramaic
Transliterated into Greek to the sound = iesus  (Greeks don't have the SH sound or Y)
Which King James transliterated to "Jesus", as the J sound and I sound were intermixed in old English (as well as latin).   We today say the hard "J" sound for the letter "J".

Some people get all bent out of shape on the name "Jesus" and call it a "complete scandal".   It's simply not true.  For my personal wonderment, I meddle and wonder why we all shouldn't call him Yeshua since in our English language we can easily spell it and pronounce it.   Kind of a "more perfect way".  I'm kind of at peace with it all though, and saying Jesus is traditional, and gives credit to the Greek texts.

I don't see why people are working so hard to keep Aramaic alive at a University focused on Reform Judaism when Reform Judaism is a man made concept.

Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon website
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:41:38 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2012, 01:39:18 AM »

I really appreciate your post jckstraw72, although my basis for support is more emotional compared to your rational justification.  I find ridicule abhorrent. It makes me sick to my stomach, so to speak, and I wish it would just go away. I do not want to see this right now. I apologize to those who were debating rather than posting disdainfully in this thread.

I can understand your sentiments, really.  However, this guy seems to have more philosophical hang-ups than a dry cleaning business run by the reverend Moon.  Kudos to those who want to reach out and side-hug this guy back to the fold, but something tells me his reality-bending rants will forever trip him and us up.  Thus far all the coherent comments he's made can be counted on the one hand of a bad wood shop teacher and until he's able to articulate his thoughts a little better, he'll be paid about as much attention to as Betty White on the set of "Baywatch".  

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2012, 01:48:14 AM »

1.  The English didn't invent the "character" of Jesus for the name Jesus is translated from the Greek Iησούς

2.  What is "original monotheism?"

3.  Can one have a sense of humor in your religion?   Huh

Original Monotheism by historical record would be Zoroastrianism (by historians).   Of course, since the Torah goes back to the beginning, by religious records, the Jews held the original.

Yeshua = Aramaic
Transliterated into Greek to the sound = iesus  (Greeks don't have the SH sound or Y)
Which King James transliterated to "Jesus", as the J sound and I sound were intermixed in old English (as well as latin).   We today say the hard "J" sound for the letter "J".

Some people get all bent out of shape on the name "Jesus" and call it a "complete scandal".   It's simply not true.  For my personal wonderment, I meddle and wonder why we all shouldn't call him Yeshua since in our English language we can easily spell it and pronounce it.   Kind of a "more perfect way".  I'm kind of at peace with it all though, and saying Jesus is traditional, and gives credit to the Greek texts.
We have been over this before: no, English speakers can NOT "easily spell it and pronounce it." That's not an "a" at the end:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiced_pharyngeal_fricative

Btw, Zoroastrianism wasn't monotheistic. It was dualistic.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 01:50:36 AM by ialmisry » Logged

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2012, 01:50:41 AM »

Yeshua = Aramaic

I don't see why people are working so hard to keep Aramaic alive at a University focused on Reform Judaism when Reform Judaism is a man made concept.

Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon website

Yeah, I don't completely understand the reformed Judaism surges.  The Aramaic is important however, if you want to understand the linguistics of the day of Christ. Often though people get it wrong because they get all bent out of shape and say "Jesus" is absolutely incorrect.

My only wonderment or question on using the name of Jesus would be that in our current modern English language, saying "Yeshua" would be
"more accurate" to the actual name as he walked here on Earth.   However, in consideration of the original Greek, tradition, and general culture, using the translation of "Jesus" is not a big deal as people make it.   We say both Yeshua and Jesus in our home.

yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2012, 01:55:44 AM »

1.  The English didn't invent the "character" of Jesus for the name Jesus is translated from the Greek Iησούς

2.  What is "original monotheism?"

3.  Can one have a sense of humor in your religion?   Huh

Yeshua = Aramaic

We have been over this before: no, English speakers can NOT "easily spell it and pronounce it." That's not an "a" at the end:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voiced_pharyngeal_fricative

Btw, Zoroastrianism wasn't monotheistic. It was dualistic.

Interesting, got me to wondering. (not that its all that important) but here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoroastrianism it states "Zoroastrianism is a tradition that has nourished and sustained the lives of its adherents for countless generations. It combines cosmogonic dualism and escathological monotheism in a manner unique to itself among the religions of the world. Zoroastrianism proclaims a movement through time from dualism to monotheism".

Well, can't say we don't learn something new every day.   Funny a history channel documentary stated it was the oldest monotheistic faith.  Weird.

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2012, 01:56:16 AM »

I love how this thread has essentially turned on differing phonemic inventories. Phonological apostasy is so much better than regular ol' apostasy.

Wait...what do you mean we're not supposed to be onomatodox? I'm sorry, but I believe this calls for at least one "is outrage"!  Wink

SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2012, 02:01:26 AM »

Yeah, I don't completely understand the reformed Judaism surges.  The Aramaic is important however, if you want to understand the linguistics of the day of Christ. Often though people get it wrong because they get all bent out of shape and say "Jesus" is absolutely incorrect.

My only wonderment or question on using the name of Jesus would be that in our current modern English language, saying "Yeshua" would be
"more accurate" to the actual name as he walked here on Earth.   However, in consideration of the original Greek, tradition, and general culture, using the translation of "Jesus" is not a big deal as people make it.   We say both Yeshua and Jesus in our home.

Do you also say Emmanuel?

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 02:02:17 AM by SolEX01 » Logged
SolEX01
Toumarches

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »

I was in ROCR but i realized i have to be more traditional than them even and go back earlier to Yashua himself. I cannot believe that mainstream Orthodoxy has turned into this...

What did you find wrong with the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia (ROCOR)?
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: