OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 12:32:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Formally Renounce Christianity  (Read 7024 times) Average Rating: 0
Timon
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #135 on: April 26, 2012, 08:34:02 PM »

i have been waiting for amartin to respond again.  i want to know more about his new religion!

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »

I think I called him out on being the same person who posted a while back on being an Eastern Orthodox Christian in the secret society of Leo who venerates Nestorius as a saint.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2012, 08:58:17 PM »

I think I called him out on being the same person who posted a while back on being an Eastern Orthodox Christian in the secret society of Leo who venerates Nestorius as a saint.

That would do it.  Im sure he'll be back eventually.  Maybe next time he will be an Orthodox Christian whos patron saint is John Calvin.

Even if we have thousands of acts of great virtue to our credit, our confidence in being heard must be based on God's mercy and His love for men. Even if we stand at the very summit of virtue, it is by mercy that we shall be saved.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Marc1152
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Rocor

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »

Unbelievable!
Are you becoming a messianic jew?

No certainly not. They have corrupted the scriptures by animal sacrifices, genital mutilation, and genocide. The Jews are a perverse people. They have also denied the messengers.
Then can you tell us where you've gotten your new religion? Who else is part of it? Do they have a website?

Its the religion of Adam, Noah, Enoch, Abraham, Zoroaster, Moses, and Yashua (Isa)

Oldest religion in the world.

No blood, no Trinity, no incarnate gods, etc.

Prostitution ? Oh no wait. That's the oldest profession.. My bad

Your idea has been debunked 1000 times already.. Maybe 1001 will be the charm
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2012, 11:59:01 PM »

i have been waiting for amartin to respond again.  i want to know more about his new religion!

They haven't logged in since the 24th... perhaps they are collecting their notes  angel

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2012, 12:04:06 AM »

I bet it's hard to translate his arguments from the ancient Aramaic scrolls of ORIGINAL MONOTHEISM that his Islamimyaslavieshintoist religion is surely based on. Plus he has to wash his hands a lot to make sure that all his daily interactions with heretics outside of his mom's basement don't contaminate him with corrupting heathen frequencies or whatever. Give him some time.

amartin

Faith: Apostolic Quakerism/Hesychasm/KriyaYoga
Jurisdiction: None

« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »

Hallelujah! You can start by not eating human flesh or drinking blood. That is forbidden...
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2012, 08:54:50 PM »

Hallelujah! You can start by not eating human flesh or drinking blood. That is forbidden...
This troll has just made the transition from funny to sad.  Undecided

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »

then what?

— Chrysostom

BLOG
Timon
OC.net guru

« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »

i mean, we're all curious. you renounced Christianity, but didnt really clarify as to why.  i would just like a little more of an explanation is all.

— Chrysostom

BLOG
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Toumarches

« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2012, 11:28:40 PM »

i mean, we're all curious. you renounced Christianity, but didnt really clarify as to why.  i would just like a little more of an explanation is all.
He realized that Nestorius wasn't Chalcedonian? Or as some Western theologians put it, he realized Nestorius wasn't Nestorian?  Tongue

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2012, 12:18:44 AM »

Greetings. This is my post announcing that I formally renounce Christianity. If I am wrong on the Day of Judgement then may I be condemned for my insolence. I now follow only the eternal religion taught by the historical man Yashua. I no longer believe that the Christians are his followers. Saul of Tarsus initiated the Great Apostasy.

Sorry but its too late, you can not renounce Christianity!

Once you learn about it, its too late, you cant just leave.

When you die and face God you will have to answer to his judgement as if you are a christian.

You no longer can say...oh i did not know. You already know and will be judged accordingly, as any beliving Christian will.

Just an FYI Shocked
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, you lack the proper φρόνημα

« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2012, 12:36:49 AM »

Amartin,

What other people of the 21st century are in your religion? I mean besides Yeshua, Mohommad, Arjuna, Moses, AKhenaten, Zoroaster, etc.

People who were born within 100 years of today.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
minasoliman
Toumarches

« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2012, 12:46:47 AM »

He realized that Nestorius wasn't Chalcedonian? Or as some Western theologians put it, he realized Nestorius wasn't Nestorian?  Tongue
I come back realizing that this might be misunderstood.  Two different thoughts, nothing to do with each other...either way, just showing amartin is as confused a man as ishak.

Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2012, 12:51:33 AM »

amartin, you Baha'i bro?

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2012, 12:54:49 AM »

i have been waiting for amartin to respond again.  i want to know more about his new religion!

i mean, we're all curious. you renounced Christianity, but didnt really clarify as to why.  i would just like a little more of an explanation is all.
He realized that Nestorius wasn't Chalcedonian? Or as some Western theologians put it, he realized Nestorius wasn't Nestorian?  Tongue

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:58:23 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2012, 01:06:28 AM »

amartin, you Baha'i bro?

Ah...I think you are on to something with this. Where I used to live in Oregon there were many, many Baha'is (they are identifiable by their distinctive dress), and they preached similarly to amartin, pretending to know Christianity better than Christ yet holding to all kinds of bizarre heresies borne of their universalist outlook. Absolutely the worst of the many kooky sects and belief systems in the area...like the bastard child of Unitarian Universalism and Islam in stupid headgear. (Not to keep harping on that, but as all but one of these crazies that I ever saw or interacted with were quite transparently gullible middle class trust fund hippie white folks, living in the Pacific Northwest which is decidedly not 19th century Persia, it was some amazingly advanced LARP-ing. Hyperdox Herman ain't got nothing on these folks.)

Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »

if this person is posting honestly, then all the joking is just pushing him further and further away. perhaps the notion that someone is apostasizing from the Church should be taken seriously.

I don't think he was ever in the Church. That said, as the OP listens to none by his own mind, nothing anyone says otherwise will accomplish anything. He and those like him need prayer.

On the internet, it's difficult to say who went to church or got chrismated into Orthodoxy.  :-)  There's no way of knowing for certain..

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Andrew Crook
formerly known as AveChriste11
High Elder

Faith: Christian

« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:57 AM »

amartin, you Baha'i bro?

Ah...I think you are on to something with this. Where I used to live in Oregon there were many, many Baha'is (they are identifiable by their distinctive dress), and they preached similarly to amartin, pretending to know Christianity better than Christ yet holding to all kinds of bizarre heresies borne of their universalist outlook. Absolutely the worst of the many kooky sects and belief systems in the area...like the bastard child of Unitarian Universalism and Islam in stupid headgear. (Not to keep harping on that, but as all but one of these crazies that I ever saw or interacted with were quite transparently gullible middle class trust fund hippie white folks, living in the Pacific Northwest which is decidedly not 19th century Persia, it was some amazingly advanced LARP-ing. Hyperdox Herman ain't got nothing on these folks.)

Strange, all of the Baha'i's in my city dress like regular people.  I wouldn't be able to tell them from anyone else, unless they specifically said what their religion was.  Grin  But yeah I agree the "Oneness of religion, mankind, etc." can seem hippie-ish... including the fact that they aren't supposed to get into politics or "contention and conflict".  At least some of the hippies would take a stand on certain key issues...

Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith; Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2012, 03:21:33 AM »

This may be the funniest thing I've seen all year  Grin  I watched the clip and thought "Chalcedonian" every time she said "Christian"... pure awesomeness.

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2012, 03:58:30 AM »

This may be the funniest thing I've seen all year  Grin  I watched the clip and thought "Chalcedonian" every time she said "Christian"... pure awesomeness.
They're Dioscorus-Sided!

minasoliman
Toumarches

« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »

Oh God she's scary.  Talk about dark-sided.

dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2012, 10:35:48 AM »

Strange, all of the Baha'i's in my city dress like regular people.  I wouldn't be able to tell them from anyone else, unless they specifically said what their religion was.  Grin  But yeah I agree the "Oneness of religion, mankind, etc." can seem hippie-ish... including the fact that they aren't supposed to get into politics or "contention and conflict".  At least some of the hippies would take a stand on certain key issues...

Haha. Yeah, well...Eugene, Oregon is a bit of a strange place. The Baha'i I had the displeasure of interacting with were generally wrapped in small turbans and robes (like these guys). You would be forgiven for mistaking them for Sikhs if it weren't for the fact that they kept their beards and moustaches trimmed. Anyway, I didn't mean to imply that they were all like that (I'm sure there were plenty more who were just regular people), only the LARPers, who after all are kind of supposed to be more immediately identifiable than the norm. What's the point of being a Paladin/Baha'i/ultra-super-mega Orthodox/Renaissance Fair knight or whatever if don't get to dress the part? Smiley

amartin

« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2012, 10:38:34 AM »

amartin, you Baha'i bro?

close...
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2012, 10:44:02 AM »

At least the game is still going!

I'm going to need this.
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2012, 10:46:32 AM »

Manichean? Sufi?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 10:47:01 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Wyatt
Archon

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2012, 12:35:59 PM »

At least you are admitting here that you believe in the real presence in the Eucharist.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2012, 04:54:41 PM »

So this really is getting to be like a game of Twenty Questions then, isn't it? So do we need to establish some rules for questions? Like does an actual guess count as a question, or are the questions that count only the ones leading up to the guess? If we don't get it in twenty questions do you tell us the answer? And does anyone have a count on how many questions have actually been asked anyway?

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2012, 05:05:43 PM »

I watched the clip

Wow..Not seen that before... Really really beautiful.

Marc1152
Toumarches

Probiotic .. Antibiotic

« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2012, 05:07:58 PM »

So this really is getting to be like a game of Twenty Questions then, isn't it? So do we need to establish some rules for questions? Like does an actual guess count as a question, or are the questions that count only the ones leading up to the guess? If we don't get it in twenty questions do you tell us the answer? And does anyone have a count on how many questions have actually been asked anyway?

Methodist?

amartin

« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »

I am an Essene. Its not a separate religion. Essenes are people who are set apart from the apostasy of the rest of the world and the heretical sects of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. We follow the simple religion revealed to the patriarchs.
Aindriú
Faster! Funnier!
Protokentarchos

Faith: Cynical
Jurisdiction: Vestibule of Hell

« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »

I am an Essene. Its not a separate religion. Essenes are people who are set apart from the apostasy of the rest of the world and the heretical sects of Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc. We follow the simple religion revealed to the patriarchs.

That's close to Baha'i?

I'm going to need this.
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »

I am an Essene.
These ones?

Or, more likely, these ones?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:39:05 PM by Agabus » Logged

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »

The Essenes were a Jewish sect, weren't they? Anyway, when are you going to quit the b.s.?

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2012, 05:42:47 PM »

http://www.essene.org/Essene_Doctrine.htm#D11

This link seems to correlate somewhat with what our friend has been pushing.

We believe that the false apostle Paul, who certainly never met Yahshua and most likely never met Miriam, led an attack against early Essene Christianity, then founded a watered-down form of Christianity best termed "Paulianity". Paul threw out many of Yahshua and Miriam’s central teachings including vegetarianism, the feminine aspect of God, women's rights and the prohibition against slavery.

We believe that Paulianity evolved into the Roman Catholic Church and gave birth to all of mainstream Christianity. Thus, mainstream Christianity today, which uses a Pauline New Testament that includes more words of Paul than words of Yahshua, is as much based on the teachings of Paul as of Yahshua. We believe that the teachings of Paul are very different than the teachings of Yahshua and Miriam, and thus Paulianity is a deficient form of Christianity.

Founded by this guy.

Dig around on the site, if you like. It's kinda weird.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:44:51 PM by Agabus » Logged

Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2012, 05:44:51 PM »

Do you live a communal life?  One of the most striking examples of Essene piety, indeed the thing that made them "Essenes", was their strict communal life.  I would love to hear about your experiences in communal living.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #171 on: April 29, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »

Today is the Sunday of the Myrrhbearing women and what is this

Notice the double helix descending upon the holy spirit descending upon black mary magdalene.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:48:54 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #172 on: April 29, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »

We follow the simple religion revealed to the patriarchs.
Which branch of Essenes do you follow? Can you give me their website?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:50:15 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

amartin

« Reply #173 on: April 29, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »

Do you live a communal life?  One of the most striking examples of Essene piety, indeed the thing that made them "Essenes", was their strict communal life.  I would love to hear about your experiences in communal living.

The Essenes and early followers of Yashua believed in communalism. I have lived in communes. But they are generally not spiritual enough.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #174 on: April 29, 2012, 05:52:20 PM »

What a bunch of stupid, arrogant, and useless hippie crap. So the entire world went into apostasy except for your reconstituted (read: made up) sect, which lives on via internet websites based in Oregon? What are the odds! Roll Eyes

And why does Mary Magdalene look like La Toya Jackson?

NightOwl
High Elder

« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2012, 05:52:29 PM »

Today is the Sunday of the Myrrhbearing women and what is this

Notice the double helix descending upon the holy spirit descending upon black mary magdalene.

She also seems to be Chipmunkbearing...
amartin

« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »

The Essenes were a Jewish sect, weren't they? Anyway, when are you going to quit the b.s.?

NO! The Essenes were absolutely not a Jewish sect. The Jews were from the tribe of Judah that went astray while held captive in Babylon. Their priestly scribes invented the False Law of Moses that requires animal sacrifices. The ancient Essenes had a completely different Law from Moses which was very simple, and was re-established by Yashua. The Essenes are absolutely not Jewish in any way whatsoever. Abraham, Moses, and Yashua were not Jews. Judaism was the religion of a tribe that become one of the two kingdoms in the land. Don't be duped.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »

What a bunch of stupid, arrogant, and useless hippie crap. So the entire world went into apostasy except for your reconstituted (read: made up) sect, which lives on via internet websites based in Oregon? What are the odds! Roll Eyes

And why does Mary Magdalene look like La Toya Jackson?

I was going to say, a much younger Oprah...

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2012, 05:58:39 PM »

NO! The Essenes were absolutely not a Jewish sect. The Jews were from the tribe of Judah that went astray while held captive in Babylon. Their priestly scribes invented the False Law of Moses that requires animal sacrifices.
What do you think of the Samaritans?

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2012, 05:59:46 PM »

NO! The Essenes were absolutely not a Jewish sect. The Jews were from the tribe of Judah that went astray while held captive in Babylon. Their priestly scribes invented the False Law of Moses that requires animal sacrifices. The ancient Essenes had a completely different Law from Moses which was very simple, and was re-established by Yashua. The Essenes are absolutely not Jewish in any way whatsoever. Abraham, Moses, and Yashua were not Jews. Judaism was the religion of a tribe that become one of the two kingdoms in the land. Don't be duped.
Do you have any peer-reviewed scholarship to back this up, or do you believe that scholars and historians are corrupt?

Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: