OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 25, 2014, 06:39:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Local Ethiopian Orthodox Pascha  (Read 442 times) Average Rating: 0
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« on: April 22, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »

A local Ethiopian Orthodox parish had their Pascha covered in the paper!
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/picturethis/2017991308_ethiopianorthodoxchurchcelebrateseaster.html
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »

Beautiful.  Smiley

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Dominika
Serbian/Polish
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church of Poland

St. Luke, pray for us!

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »

Thank you for sharing this! The pictures and the movie are so joyous, truly Paschal spirit!

Pray for persecuted Christians, especially in Serbian Kosovo and Raška, Egypt and Syria
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/picturethis/2017991308_ethiopianorthodoxchurchcelebrateseaster.html

That is not just a small local parish, that is the seat of the Ethiopian Patriarchal Synod in Exile which covers the entirety of North America and several parishes in Africa and Europe Wink

I also know several of the people in those photographs.. our local parish has also made the LA Times a few times in the past few years, folks seem to be getting increasingly curious about who the Ethiopians are in America, and I for one think its a great improvement

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:35:42 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
Quinault
Protokentarchos

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

What about frogs? I like frogs!

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »

Habte-

That would explain why there are so many Ethiopian refugees coming to the area.
dzheremi
No longer posting here.
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »

Wonderful! The photo of the two young boys sleeping reminded me of our Pascha here at St. Bishoy COC. One of the families has two little boys (maybe 5 or 6 years old), and they slept through much of the night service leading up to the resurrection, but the older of the two woke up a few times before the re-enactment and would tug at his mother's dress to ask her what was going on. "Mama, is it time for Jesus to come up yet?" "Not yet. In a little while."  Smiley Smiley

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Habte-

That would explain why there are so many Ethiopian refugees coming to the area.

Yes at the Epiphany in 2011 I was having lunch in the clergy tent with several bishops, priests and deacons, a few from Seattle including my friends.  In a polite conversation a priest brought up NFL football and concurrently was the Seattle Seahawks rare play-off appearance.  I snuck out my phone and began to check the score to tell this priest the update.  When I did I was suddenly swarmed by many priests and deacons, and I was very nervous because I thought I may have been in trouble for the faux pas of playing with my phone in those circumstances.  Instead, they were all trying to see the Seahawks score! I had no idea that Ethiopian clergy were such big fans of NFL, but especially those from Seattle are very into their football Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
kijabeboy03
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

"The glory of God is in man fully alive."

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 11:25:54 PM »

Kristos tenestwal :-)! Beautiful article! St. Gabriel's is prominent within the Synod in Exile, but it is not the seat of Patriarch Abune Merqoriyos - if I'm not mistaken the patriarch lives down in the San Francisco area. Seattle is the seat of Archbishop Abune Luqas, a member of the Synod in Exile.

That is not just a small local parish, that is the seat of the Ethiopian Patriarchal Synod in Exile which covers the entirety of North America and several parishes in Africa and Europe Wink

I also know several of the people in those photographs.. our local parish has also made the LA Times a few times in the past few years, folks seem to be getting increasingly curious about who the Ethiopians are in America, and I for one think its a great improvement

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"This is the Apostolic Faith, the Orthodox Faith, and the Faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it, and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church." ~ St. Severus of Antioch ~
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: