OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 02, 2014, 12:51:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For a husband  (Read 721 times) Average Rating: 0
Anastasia1
My warrior name is Beyoncé Pad Thai
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Occasionally traveling, Armenian.

« on: April 21, 2012, 06:02:32 PM »

I want God to bring me a husband who loves the Lord, is kind, wise, fun, would be a good husband and a good father, and with whom I would be a good wife and mother and I want the discernment to recognize him.

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation. (2 Cor 2:6)
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 09:38:10 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 10:43:35 PM »

Lord have mercy!
I will keep you in my prayers, Anastasia. Please keep me in your's.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 10:45:30 PM by kevlev » Logged

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
SolEX01
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 10:45:27 PM »

Lord have mercy!
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 10:56:09 PM »

Prayers!
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 11:03:11 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Countdown to our Baptisms and Chrismations:

Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 12:05:36 AM »

Lord have mercy!

a beautiful! beautiful! prayer dearest Anastasia! such a prayer is the foundation of the Sanctity of  Christian families.  A committed and sincere Christian who Loves the Lord and prays such a prayer! Such a prayer begets Saints! Blessed is the Lord our God who created Man for this glorious mystery! May the Lord grant you the desire of your heart according to his Will so you may be the kind of person he wants you to be. Amen Lord have mercy!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 12:13:09 AM »

I pray that if it is God's will, he provides you with a husband of whom you will rejoice in his blessings with!

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 12:22:58 AM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

I want God to bring me a husband who loves the Lord, is kind, wise, fun, would be a good husband and a good father, and with whom I would be a good wife and mother and I want the discernment to recognize him.

If only it were all just that easy.  I'll tell you like I've learned myself, in regards to romantic relationships, its best to be loose, to have few expectations, to go with the flow, and let people be themselves (including yourself) and if marriage is mystically in the cards, it will in turn reveal itself, but to mess up the in-between with expectations or worries is simply to waste a lot of fun Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 09:04:03 AM »

You have been in my prayers the last couple of nights.

I remember what my priest told me when I asked him about finding a wife.  He said to me, "you need to loose weight and wash your face better.  30 pounds in six months."   Grin  Good advice!  He also reminded me that when Christ raised Lazarus He could have rolled the stone away Himself if He wanted to, but didn't.  God wants us to do some of the work ourselves and will help us when we get to a point that's out of our control.  Pray to God and He will answer you in some way or another in His own good time.  Worry most about learning discernment.  If He sends you someone and you shoot them down you will have no one to blame but yourself...I've learned this the hard way.

May God be with you and may He answer your prayers in a way where your will and His are in union!
augustin717
Warned
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 09:21:37 AM »

I have a very devout acquaintance/friend . She's been praying and praying, she's good looking too but no luck yet and now she's getting to close to the point where they say that you no longer marry, but the  "babas" marry you off. The less devout though, didn't seem to have much trouble finding someone .
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2012, 09:29:29 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

The less devout settled for someone who is also "less" devout.  Who needs that?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »

I have a very devout acquaintance/friend . She's been praying and praying, she's good looking too but no luck yet and now she's getting to close to the point where they say that you no longer marry, but the  "babas" marry you off. The less devout though, didn't seem to have much trouble finding someone .

Then we must pray that the Babas choose well for her.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 02:42:08 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

If only it were all just that easy.  I'll tell you like I've learned myself, in regards to romantic relationships, its best to be loose, to have few expectations, to go with the flow, and let people be themselves (including yourself) and if marriage is mystically in the cards, it will in turn reveal itself, but to mess up the in-between with expectations or worries is simply to waste a lot of fun Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Perhaps you might want to rephrase that one line? Though before I 'doxed I might have agreed wholeheartedly!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:43:22 PM by FormerReformer » Logged

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:08 PM »

If only it were all just that easy.  I'll tell you like I've learned myself, in regards to romantic relationships, its best to be loose, to have few expectations, to go with the flow, and let people be themselves (including yourself) and if marriage is mystically in the cards, it will in turn reveal itself, but to mess up the in-between with expectations or worries is simply to waste a lot of fun Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie

Perhaps you might want to rephrase that one line? Though before I 'doxed I might have agreed wholeheartedly!

By loose I never meant to imply promiscuous, rather for folks simply not to get to radically emotionally attached in dating and also for folks to not have too many mutual expectations which in reality only hinder the natural progression of romantic chemistry.  Folks can be chaste without necessarily being prudish Wink

stay blessed,
habte selassie
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:16:25 PM by HabteSelassie » Logged

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 03:55:20 PM »

Have you ever tried an arranged marriage? Im sure your parents will approve. laugh laugh laugh

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »

Have you ever tried an arranged marriage? Im sure your parents will approve. laugh laugh laugh

PP

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Start another thread.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2012, 03:59:06 PM »

PP

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.  Start another thread.
In all seriousness, Lord have mercy on you. It is a difficult thing and can really weigh you down.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »

Prayers

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: