OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 05:39:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anastasios  (Read 1338 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« on: October 20, 2004, 10:44:47 AM »

Anastasios,

This is getting very frustrating. I just spent 20 minutes writing a very open reply to Tom, only to find out that you locked the thread and the post was lost. Every time I visit this board, you are either locking threads or editing polls or something similar. So people do not don't use no good english some of da times. So people get riled up. So what!?

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2004, 10:46:42 AM »

I do think it was a bit premature to close that thread, myself, but he's the boss.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 10:54:12 AM »

Maybe everyone should just PM me.

It is apparent that some of the Orthodox here (and let me be clear that I am NOT talking about my friend Anastasios) just can't deal with any serious questioning of Orthodox Praxis.
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 10:55:56 AM »

And thank you Paradosis for attempting to respond.
Anastasios
Webdespota
Administrator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist

Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina

anastasios0513
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2004, 11:18:33 AM »

If we were other boards, we might have a policy of no questioning the moderators in public. On these other boards, people who do so get their posts erased and they often are suspended or warned.

We don't do that here because we consider ourselves a part of a larger community that can discuss things on a mature level. Sometimes we moderators make mistakes, so we are open to criticism.

As far as editing posts for spelling or grammar--we will do that when we feel like it. It doesn't affect your ability to reply.

As far as resetting polls--we will do that when the poll is unfair. You can revote.

As far as closing threads--we will do that to keep the peace.  Sometimes I even give notice--c.f. the politics thread. But that is not something I have to do. I think the TomS thing was sufficiently dealt with when Tom said he would cease and desist. Then I wake up, log on, and see all this argumentation beyond that point. I wanted it to STOP at this point.

As far as your assertion that I am "always" locking threads and editing the polls--that's just not true. We have 5000 threads on this board. I or my fellow admins/mods have locked probably about 50-100 of them at some point. That's a very low percentage.

On a practical level, if you see that personal attacks are going on in a thread and you want to respond you can type your post out in a word processing program and paste it into a reply slot.  If the thread is already closed you can petition me to reopen it and I am inclined to do so when someone was in the process of posting.  This has happened to Keble before.  We usually only lock threads that get too personal. This board is not about focusing on individuals.

Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 01:57:28 PM »

I will gladly offer my services to OC.NET as Sargent of Arms for a small medicinial liquid fee which is open to negotiation.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
MsGuided
Pharmakolytria
Elder

St. Anastasia

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 03:15:40 PM »

I will gladly offer my services to OC.NET as Sargent of Arms for a small medicinial liquid fee which is open to negotiation.

james

Is that like Nyquil?   Cheesy  "The moonshine of medicine" -Lewis Black

"Forgive me that great love leads me to talking nonsense." Barsanuphius
Keble
All-Knowing Grand Wizard of Debunking
Archon

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2004, 03:51:55 PM »

I think there's been a spate of locking recently, but that's because there's also been a spate of things to lock.

Jakub, I think we can find you some cod liver oil.
Jakub
Archon

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 11:47:00 AM »

Arghhhh.....

Cod liver oil & NyQuil ?

I hereby rescind my offer of services.

james

An old timer is a man who's had a lot of interesting experiences -- some of them true.

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: