Author Topic: The Sanctification Ceremony for the Holy Myrrh  (Read 334 times)

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
The Sanctification Ceremony for the Holy Myrrh
« on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:20 AM »
On Holy Thursday, April 12, 2012, His All-Holiness presided over the Sanctification of the Holy Myrrh with the participation of approximately 55 Orthodox Hierarchs from around the world, including representatives from the Senior Patriarchates of Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem, the Patriarchate of Serbia, the Autocephalous Churches of Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Albania, and the Czech Lands and Slovakia. It was an auspicious celebration that takes place approximately once every ten years, when the reserve of Holy Myrrh nears depletion. This was the third time Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew has presided over the sanctification ceremony. In attendance also were the Hon. Dimitris Dollis, Deputy Foreign Minister of Greece, Mr. Theodoros Angelopoulos, Archon Megas Logothetis, the U.S. Consul General, the Hon. Scott Kilner, and the Consul of Greece in Istanbul, the Hon. Victor Maligoudis.

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
Re: The Sanctification Ceremony for the Holy Myrrh
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 10:00:37 AM »
I guess Metropolitan Christopher of Prague wasn't po'd about the recent posting found on 'Orthodox England' we discussed last week! ;) ;)

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
Archbishop Antony of the UOCofUSA was there, as well!   ;D

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 10:05:26 AM »
I guess Metropolitan Christopher of Prague wasn't po'd about the recent posting found on 'Orthodox England' we discussed last week! ;) ;)

From the pictures I can see that the Czech-Slovak Church was represented by Archbishop George of Michalovce and Kosice.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:05:38 AM by Michał Kalina »

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 11:09:38 AM »

From the pictures I can see that the Czech-Slovak Church was represented by Archbishop George of Michalovce and Kosice.

Agreed, my point was that his Church was not in the predicament which the Russian lovers would have it be.