OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 02:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannaibs is extremely good for you in moderation  (Read 6791 times) Average Rating: 0
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #180 on: December 13, 2012, 10:01:24 PM »

Dear xariskai, the point of my original post was that cannabis is good for human beings in moderation.  "For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected..." (1 Timothy 4).
The problem you're having, acts, as usual, is that you're pulling verses from all over without considering their context. The context here is a discussion about food:
Quote from: 1 Tim 4:3-5
"They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain FROM CERTAIN FOODS, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer."

If you don't want to say something consumed as medicine is "food," then don't.  I call it food.  I don't care what you call it.  I don't care if you believe Genesis 1:29 literally or if you don't.  I believe it, but I'm not going to argue with you about "food" endlessly.  That has virtually nothing to do with the point of this thread.
It has to do with your arguments. They are from passages dealing with food.

Your biblical "arguments" -including your constant claims that those who do not agree with you are "not listening to God"- are no better than your pet assumption that poisons and medicines are food, and collapse if they are not.

I'm glad you don't care whether I consider poisons and medicines to be food, or whether I think your biblical arguments are nonsense, which in this case amounts to the same thing.

And don't listen to God either. Just ignore that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food"...Just ignore the fact that the plant haters were prophesied in 1st Timothy chapter 4.
It is more a matter that we are skeptical of your "creative exegesis," not that we don't listen to God. Your repeated insistence that those who disagree with your novel interpretations are less spiritual than you are is as silly as your method of argument generally.

The laws of the U.S. Federal government that prohibit all use, even moderate and medical use of cannabis, are anti-Christian.
This is another stupid claim until/unless you can demonstrate that cannabis use is a Christian dogma. Those who are less than fully convinced by acts420's idiosyncratic "prooftexts are "not listening to God," were "prophecied" in Paul's epistle to Timothy, and are "un-Christian" ad nauseum -blah blah blah.

When you tell us you like to use cannabis and think it cures virtually every major ailment ever known to mankind my reaction is to *yawn*; but when you say again and again that those who disagree are less spiritual than you, are violating God's word, are un-Christian etc. my reaction is to lolz.

Somehow cannabis helped me realize my doctrinal errors.
At this rate if you graduate to opium you might even become aware of contextual exegesis.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 10:31:44 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2012, 08:20:09 PM »

Why are we still discussing the pseudo benefits of marijuana?

We should be opposed to any mind altering substance being used in a recreational fashion.  With alcohol, I agree there is some argument to be made in favor of MJ; however, you can have one drink and it not affect you.  I don’t know anyone, who hasn’t been smoking A LOT, who can smoke one joint and it not affect them.  In fact, most people it seems to take only one or two drags to feel its affects. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:26:47 PM by Kerdy » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »

More to the point, we still don't know what "cannaibs" is.

Huh

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2012, 08:27:11 PM »

More to the point, we still don't know what "cannaibs" is.

Huh

This is very true!   Cheesy
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »

Wink

I was thinking they were also addressing the referendum that passed in Washington state, I think, but Acts' post that Xariskai was quoting came from May or something. So I don't know why, either.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: