OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 11:17:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cannaibs is extremely good for you in moderation  (Read 7300 times) Average Rating: 0
acts420
Elder

Faith: the Way
Jurisdiction: Jesus the Anointed One

« on: April 12, 2012, 02:17:02 PM »

Watch and listen to this medical doctor at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9lK1meqog

Dr. David Allen (heart surgeon) says, "Eat a bud a day, it will keep the strokes away." Also, "If you eat raw cannabis it will have great medicinal effect and won't get you high at all."  Thousands of people claim it has healed them of many various illnesses.  I was healed of a disease on my foot that doctors could not cure for years after I applied cannabis oil to my foot for a couple weeks.  If you look around, you'll find people that even claim it has healed some forms of cancer!

But don't listen to me.  And don't listen to Dr. David Allen. And don't listen to God either. Just ignore that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food". Instead, listen to the U.S. Congress and the Federal government. They say cannabis has "no medical value."  They have only been lying to us about cannabis for 80 years straight while pharmaceutical companies have filled their pockets (and our drug stores).  But don't worry... they're all looking out for you first and foremost!

Instead, listen to the many Christians (even in orthodoxy) that will tell you cannabis is somehow a "bad" plant.  Just ignore the fact that the plant haters were prophesied in 1st Timothy chapter 4.  Don't worry... the demons prophesied in that passage aren't really trying to deceive all of us about the inherit goodness of creation.  That's just silly.  And don't worry about the fact that "kanehbos" (Hebrew word) was an ingredient in the anointing oil of holy scripture (Exodus chapter 30 in the Hebrew language).  Whatever you do, try to forget that "Christ" is not an English word.  Make sure Americans never learn that it actually means "Anointed" in English, and that Jesus the Anointed healed people with His holy anointing oil in the gospel of Mark (chapter 6). The all encompassing healing power of the oil was prophesied: "It shall come to pass in that day that his burden will be taken away from your shoulder and his yoke from your neck, and the yoke will be destroyed because of the anointing oil." Isaiah chapter 27.  But forget about all that.  

I never saw a drop of oil in the "Christian" churches I grew up under in America.  Even in orthodoxy I'm not sure I see any oil with kanehbos in it.  I haven't been able to find anyone who can even actually tell me what is in the various oils used in orthodox services!  Do you know?

This much I know.  Cannaibs is extremely good for you in moderation, both spiritually and physically.  This is my experience.  It has healed my physically, and it has helped heal me spiritually.  I already mentioned the disease on my foot.  It was "plantar warts," and they were so painful I often had trouble walking.  This went on for years, and the doctors couldn't make them go away.  They kept coming back within weeks of being removed by doctors.  No drugs or methods they employed worked.  The doctors and drug companies certainly did not mind though, as I kept dumping my hard earned money into their pockets for their useless remedies.   However, when I left the laws of my corrupt government behind and used oil with cannabis in it on my feet, all warts were gone within 2 weeks.  I stopped putting the oil on my feet, and the warts have not come back (its been two years now).

But the healing I experienced was not only physical.  I decided to start burning cannabis as incense in my prayer and worship, and I anointed my head with cannabis oil too.  Yes, this made me slightly "high," but not at all inebriated.  Think of the effect of a glass of wine.  However, the effect was different in a spiritual sense.  For instance, the first time I tried cannabis sativa I was a recovering Southern Baptist on my way towards "non denominational" land.   My doctrines concerning "faith alone" became extremely heavy on my heart almost immediately after I smelled some of the burning cannabis and the slight effect set in.  Verses of Scripture came to mind opposing that doctrine, my errors become extremely heavy on my heart, and I started thinking very "orthodox" about the subject even though I didn't know what orthodoxy even was.  Somehow cannabis helped me realize my doctrinal errors.   Even after the effect of the cannabis went away the change in my doctrine (toward orthodoxy) remained very steadfast in my heart.  I would also anoint my head with oil containing cannabis, and I would also experience the "effect" that way.  Other times it was specific sins in my own life, not just my doctrinal errors.  For instance, another time road rage habits I had justified and developed became extremely heavy on my heart after anointing, and so I re-thought and changed those habits.  I could go on and on.

This much I know.  Cannabis is very good for you in moderation.  I believe cannaibs is probably kanehbos.  Do with that information what you will.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:47:40 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 02:23:14 PM »

in b4 pic of a troll
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »

Jesus the Anointed healed people with His holy anointing oil in the gospel of Mark (chapter 6).
The disciples, you mean.

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
acts420
Elder

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 02:37:28 PM »

Jesus the Anointed healed people with His holy anointing oil in the gospel of Mark (chapter 6).
The disciples, you mean.

No, I mean Jesus.  I believe the disciples followed Christ.  They did the things Christ told them to do.  They were His ministers, His hands.  They preached Jesus' words, not their own.  When they anointed, it was with Jesus' oil, and they did it because Jesus told them to.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:41:44 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
laconicstudent
Elder

Faith: Orthodox Inquirer

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »

Does Dr. David Allen have any actual science backing his claims up?

Funny that a heart surgeon is suddenly dabbling in pharmacological theory.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 12:12:53 PM »

Its just like brain surgeons probably should not do a root canal.......

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:29 PM »

Just ignore that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food".

Except Nightshade and thousands of other plants that will quickly kill you. And then there's thousands of others that will make you regret eating them...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:29:43 PM by Jason.Wike » Logged
katherineofdixie
Archon

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »

"Cannaibs" may be good for you in moderation but apparently it has a destructive effect on spelling.  Wink

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 01:24:22 PM »

The disciples, you mean.

yes, he anointed them with oil. He didn't pass them a doobie... Tongue
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2012, 01:26:51 PM »

The disciples, you mean.

yes, he anointed them with oil. He didn't pass them a doobie... Tongue
So let me get this straight...

annoint ≠ spark up
and
oil ≠ ganja?

Is outrage!!!

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2012, 02:20:17 PM »

Acts,

While I don't think any scholar would support the idea that anointing oil in 1st century Palestine would likely have contained cannabis, I also don't think it's that big of a deal if you like using cannabis oil.

if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »

"Cannaibs" may be good for you in moderation but apparently it has a destructive effect on spelling.  Wink

Nah- I blame the modern education system. During my prodigal years "cannaibs" was the least of the things I was on while typing, and my spelling and grammar remained impeccable- even when the actual written content made less sense than a Mad Lib.

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2012, 03:16:38 PM »

Nah- I blame the modern education system. During my prodigal years "cannaibs" was the least of the things I was on while typing, and my spelling and grammar remained impeccable- even when the actual written content made less sense than a Mad Lib.

Good point!

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2012, 05:14:34 PM »

Its just like brain surgeons probably should not do a root canal.......

PP

Well, technically, a brain surgeon would be trained to do a root canal. Medical school is a comprehensive curriculum, and they all do rotations. They specialize, but in an emergency any doctor can fill in a particular role.

For example, I remember, I remember hearing stories after the Haiti earthquake when doctors who traveled there in the relief effort were pressed into all sorts of roles. One I remember was an opthamologist (this is your eye doctor. The person who flips things in front of your eye and says "can you see better through 1... or 2?") and was about to perform a foot surgery when luckily a podiatrist (through the grace of God) just happened to come through. Naturally, she turned the foot surgery over to the podiatrist. But the point is, the opthamologist could have operated on the foot.

That's the thing. Doctors get comprehensive medical training and education, specialize, and for the most part will stick to their speciality in medicine. They can work in different settings, but won't unless there is no other option. That is why when you see heart surgeons making proclamations about neurology and pharmacology, or a gynecologist ranting about vaccines, or a dermatologist ranting about anti-depressants, especially when they are going against what all the experts in the field they are going off think, they are probably peddling nonsense.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2012, 05:15:55 PM »

I'd still rather go to a dentist Smiley

PP

Gregory the Great

Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »

Acts--The problems with your post are:

a. You are not differentiating in the several uses of the plant. There is plenty of scientific evidence that smoking pot is bad for you.

b. By stating your views so aggressively, you invite push back.

Plus, you just don't know when to quit.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 05:38:13 PM »

Does anybody think that this topic should be kept in FFA-Religious Topics? Am I wrong to think that it belongs more appropriately in FFA-Other Topics? One yes vote from somebody other than Acts will suffice. Please vote by Saturday noon. Thanks, Second Chance

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »

I have a hard time believing that anyone making pro-cannabis arguments really, in their hearts of hearts, wants to use it for anything other than to get high.

Exceptions are AIDS and cancer patients, but even they seem to relish the fact that their medicine is pretty fun to take.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL OR PERCEIVED ORTHODOX CHURCH
FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

I have a hard time believing that anyone making pro-cannabis arguments really, in their hearts of hearts, wants to use it for anything other than to get high.

Exceptions are AIDS and cancer patients, but even they seem to relish the fact that their medicine is pretty fun to take.

LOL would you rather take a medicine that makes you feel horrible and has a list of side effects that are worse than the symptoms of the disease?

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »

LOL would you rather take a medicine that makes you feel horrible and has a list of side effects that are worse than the symptoms of the disease?
Are you kidding? If I had cancer, I would take a prescription for pot in a heartbeat if my choice was that or Zofran.

But for the record, I don't really care for weed. I'm just asking for a little more honesty in the discussion.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

John of the North
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: Eparchy of Edmonton and the West

Christ is Risen!

tgild
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2012, 08:46:40 PM »

Does anybody think that this topic should be kept in FFA-Religious Topics? Am I wrong to think that it belongs more appropriately in FFA-Other Topics? One yes vote from somebody other than Acts will suffice. Please vote by Saturday noon. Thanks, Second Chance

Yes.

"Christianity is not a philosophy, not a doctrine, but life." - Elder Sophrony (Sakharov)
acts420
Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2012, 11:31:01 AM »

Yes, there is tons of science behind the claims that cannabis helps and even cures many diseases.  This is despite the fact that, at the behest of the big pharmceutical companies that lobbied the DEA to make it illegal in the 1930's (and still lobby that way today), the DEA has made it close to impossible for most institutions in the country to do medical research with cannabis. 

Get on pub med and read the medical journals regarding cannabis.  It clearly has a lot of medical value both as therapy and even as a cure for many ailments.  Nonetheless, the Federal government classifies it as "schedule 1" ("no medical value"), the most illegal classification possible.  If that doesn't smell fishy then you no longer have a nose, or you've stopped using your brain for so long it no longer functions the way God intended.

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »

Acts,

While I don't think any scholar would support the idea that anointing oil in 1st century Palestine would likely have contained cannabis, I also don't think it's that big of a deal if you like using cannabis oil.

Actually, there are Hebrew scholars that would say the oil very possibly contained cannabis.  Western scholars have guessed what "kanehbos" was for centuries.  Their guesses are wild, and they range from "sugar cane" to "calamus" to "fragrant cane" (whatever that is they don't specify).  The Western scholars have tended to frown on cannabis, most likely for societal reasons.  Those reasons did not exist in the 1st century.  Cannabis was accepted as a gift from God like any other plant.  It was only recently that cannabis received the massive social stigma it now has.  The political campaign against cannabis started around the 1930's.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:45:17 AM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2012, 11:48:43 AM »

Perhaps that's because you didn't have painful warts on your feet for years that doctors couldn't cure but which cannabis cured in two weeks.  Or perhaps that is because you don't have MS, and therefore you haven't seen first hand that eating or smoking cannabis drastically helps relieve the symptoms of that terrible disease.  It helps many with Parkinson's also.  Cannabis helps and even heals more diseases than we can count, from simple warts to the most devastating diseases known to man, and it does so very cheaply.  That is precisely why big pharma lobbied the government to lie about it and make it illegal 80 years ago.  

It was not fun at all to rub cannabis oil on my feet to heal the painful plantar warts.  It didn't get me high at all.  Also, eating it in the raw form does not get you high but has incredible medical benefits.  Eating it cooked (or smoking it) does get you high... but that's not all it does.  It helps with nausea and appetite stimulation when you're sick, and it relieves the symptoms of many diseases also.

Wake up.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:50:01 AM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2012, 11:54:55 AM »

Acts--The problems with your post are:

a. You are not differentiating in the several uses of the plant. There is plenty of scientific evidence that smoking pot is bad for you.

b. By stating your views so aggressively, you invite push back.

Plus, you just don't know when to quit.

Actually, I have differentiated the uses.  I rubbed oil from the plant to cure the disease on my foot.  That is totally harmless.  Eating it is harmless also.   Even smoking it is almost harmless.   Unlike smoking cigarettes, it does not cause cancer.  Apparently its cancer fighting properties outweigh any tars and chemicals that the burning produces.  The worst disease that "smoking" it has been shown to contribute to is tooth and gum problems in very heavy smokers from the massive amounts of tar that sticks to their teeth.  But even they don't get cancer from it!  

I hope I invite push back.  I state my case aggressively because the case against cannabis has been stated as aggressively as possible for 80 years.  80 years ago our government started spreading blatant lies about the plant and began putting people in prison to be raped by violent criminals simply for possessing and growing seeds God made.  How's that for "aggressive?"  And you call me aggressive for speaking up on the internet?

Most people have forgotten that it was only recently that cannabis received the massive social stigma it now has.  It was simply another plant for nearly all of human history.  The founding fathers grew it because it is useful as medicine, clothing, rope, food, etc. etc.   There were times in our nation's history that farmers *had* to grow it *by law* because it is so useful.  The modern stigma started in the 1930's after industry lobbyists (including big pharma) paid the U.S. representatives in government to start spreading lies about cannabis and make it illegal.  The power players in industry and media were partners then even more so than they are now since anti-trust was unheard of back then.  In the 1930's, when cannabis was originally banned, it was widely reported in media throughout the nation that cannabis somehow caused all sorts of crime and makes black men rape white women.  Government, corrupt politicians, jumped on the bandwagon and criminalized the "dangerous" drug (which had been useful medicine for thousands of years before it suddenly became "dangerous").  Men with connections to big pharma and other industries in the media spread lies like that all over the nation, and Americans ate it up like their doughnuts. In the 50's it made people go insane. In the 60's it made people lazy. In the 80's it killed brain cells. It was all lies; this has been proven now. In moderation it is actually very good for you. Studies have shown it grows brain cells. It is less addictive than coffee.   It has never, itself, killed anyone.  

Tylenol kills thousands yearly, and alcohol tens of thousands in this country.   Cannabis has never caused a single death.

Cannabis is very good for you as medicine.  Americans are brainwashed and nearly braindead when it comes to the truth about cannabis, and American churches are often the worst in these regards.

Open your eyes.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:25:42 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »

Actually, there are Hebrew scholars that would say the oil very possibly contained cannabis.  
Who?

acts420
Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »

Who?

See Rabbi Kaplan's 1981 translation, The Living Torah, pg. 40-41. Linguist Sula Benet (also known as Sara Benetowa) also did a lot of linguistic research into this ancient word in the early part of the 20th century.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:01:30 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:29 PM »

"Cannaibs" may be good for you in moderation but apparently it has a destructive effect on spelling.  Wink

Thanks for pointing the typo out.  Please forgive me; I often type too hastily.  Is there any way a moderator can fix the spelling in the title?  
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:28:35 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »

The fact that pot is illegal and acetaminophen is everywhere makes zero sense.

But it does keep that money coming in.

I doubt pot is extremely good for you in moderation. But for most people who can use it responsibly, I wouldn't be surprised to find it beneficial in more than a few ways.

But plantar warts?

Dude, this is a "disease" that historically has been known to respond very well to psychosomatic (heavy on the psycho) treatment. If that is what you had, HPV.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 12:30:28 PM »

Yes, there is tons of science behind the claims that cannabis helps and even cures many diseases.  This is despite the fact that, at the behest of the big pharmceutical companies that lobbied the DEA to make it illegal in the 1930's (and still lobby that way today), the DEA has made it close to impossible for most institutions in the country to do medical research with cannabis. 

Get on pub med and read the medical journals regarding cannabis.  It clearly has a lot of medical value both as therapy and even as a cure for many ailments.  Nonetheless, the Federal government classifies it as "schedule 1" ("no medical value"), the most illegal classification possible.  If that doesn't smell fishy then you no longer have a nose, or you've stopped using your brain for so long it no longer functions the way God intended.

Don't be stupid, what "smells fishy" is that neither you nor this doctor are fulfilling your burden of proof. Neither I, nor anyone else, is obligated to do your homework for you. If you want to make a scientific argument, YOU go to PubMed and supply us with a well-written argument with appropriate citations. I am not going to do it for you; considering the fact that you appear to be seriously demanding that I do such, you really aren't in any position to be questioning anyone else's intellect.
laconicstudent
Elder

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2012, 12:40:59 PM »

Perhaps that's because you didn't have painful warts on your feet for years that doctors couldn't cure but which cannabis cured in two weeks.  Or perhaps that is because you don't have MS, and therefore you haven't seen first hand that eating or smoking cannabis drastically helps relieve the symptoms of that terrible disease.  It helps many with Parkinson's also.  Cannabis helps and even heals more diseases than we can count, from simple warts to the most devastating diseases known to man, and it does so very cheaply.  That is precisely why big pharma lobbied the government to lie about it and make it illegal 80 years ago.  

It was not fun at all to rub cannabis oil on my feet to heal the painful plantar warts.  It didn't get me high at all.  Also, eating it in the raw form does not get you high but has incredible medical benefits.  Eating it cooked (or smoking it) does get you high... but that's not all it does.  It helps with nausea and appetite stimulation when you're sick, and it relieves the symptoms of many diseases also.

Wake up.

Wow, look at all those grandiose claims of cannabis being the universal panacea without a single scientific source.

I'd love to know what the heck mechanism of action you think the chemicals in this plant have that it can be used to treat warts (viral infection), MS (autoimmune disorder) and Parkinson's (neurodegenerative).
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2012, 01:08:58 PM »

...you'll find people that even claim it has healed some forms of cancer!

But don't listen to me.  And don't listen to God either. Just ignore that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food".

To be consistent (assuming you actually believe what you are saying -?- ), do you believe God commands you to eat poison ivy?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:11:46 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
acts420
Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »

Don't be stupid, what "smells fishy" is that neither you nor this doctor are fulfilling your burden of proof.

What do you mean?  What "burden of proof"?  This is a conversation, not a trial.  This is an internet discussion forum.  I'm a friend.  Just please explain to me what exactly you want me to "prove" to you?

Neither I, nor anyone else, is obligated to do your homework for you.
Again... what does that mean?  You're not making any sense to me; I'm sorry.

If you want to make a scientific argument, YOU go to PubMed and supply us with a well-written argument with appropriate citations.
Can I get you a cup of coffee while I'm at it?  How about a bowl of soup?  Here, open wide... here comes the spoon.  

Why would I do your homework for you?  You can type "cannabis" or "cannabis and cancer" in pub med's search engine and hit 'ENTER' just as easily as I can.

I am not going to do it for you; considering the fact that you appear to be seriously demanding that I do such, you really aren't in any position to be questioning anyone else's intellect.

I never asked you to do anything for me at all.  In obvious sarcasm, I asked you to ignore Genesis 1.  That's all.  Unfortunately, you seem to have taken me seriously as to that request.  So I now ask you instead, in all seriousness, to please believe the first chapter of the Bible.

I didn't ask you to do anything for me.  Rather, you asked me, "Does Dr. David Allen have any actual science backing his claims up?"  I said, "Yes," and pointed you toward them.  But holding your hand is not enough.  You need me actually pick up the spoon and put it in your mouth.  And if I did, if I cited some study or even three, you could easily just spit the mashed peas all over my face anyway.  No thanks.

Go read it yourself if you're sincerely interested.  I sense from your tone that you're more interested in being a sarcastic critic than in actually reading about this topic on your own.  I could be wrong.  But because that is my gut feeling, I'm not going to obey your commands nor even fulfill your requests.   There have been times on this website forum that I've been forced to do the homework for my sarcastic critics.  And those times have shown me it is, in a sense, like throwing pearls to swine.

Wow, look at all those grandiose claims of cannabis being the universal panacea without a single scientific source.
There are plenty of sources that are easy to find on the internet with Google and Pub Med.  However, there aren't enough sources in the world to convince you that Genesis chapter 1 is true, much less that cannabis specifically is good.

I'd love to know what the heck mechanism of action you think the chemicals in this plant have that it can be used to treat warts (viral infection), MS (autoimmune disorder) and Parkinson's (neurodegenerative).

I'm a scientist and a doctor, but I'm not a medical doctor.  Between two and four years ago, I read about twenty medical articles about the topics I have spoken here about, and much of it I did not understand.  But a lot of it I did understand, especially the conclusions.  If you want to read similar articles, or perhaps even the same ones, I have pointed you to where you can find them.  I did not save them myself.  I read them between two and four years ago.

But you don't have to be able to understand every word of every medical journal in order to see that when Dad finally decided to leave the laws of this world behind and give the child cannabis, in an attempt to save his life, the child was healed. http://www.kxly.com/news/Dad-Gives-Toddler-Battling-Brain-Cancer-Medical-Marijuana/-/101270/680588/-/biwphfz/-/index.html . You can also see a video of the story at http://abcnews.go.com/Health/video/dad-gives-ailing-son-medical-marijuana-13527143 . Or, see also see these men who treat their Parkinson's Disease with cannabis. You can see the medical relief of their disease almost *immediately*: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEOoa6Q4Bds and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvtD1zizLng and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUSbJWpafnU . There are hundreds of other diseases and thousands of other personal examples.  

Love your neighbors, for Christ's sake!  The federal government has repeatedly lied to and deceived the U.S. population in order to achieve the current situation.  See, for one small example of many, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7PlWcnIens  .   If you will study the history of the prohibition, as I have, you'll find it very possible, if not even likely, his was done at the request of industrial lobbyists, often in the pharmaceutical lobby. The same have been heavily funding "the war on drugs" propaganda for at least as many decades as I've been alive.

May God grant us peace,
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:33:03 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2012, 01:24:30 PM »

But don't listen to me.  And don't listen to God either. Just ignore that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food".

To be consistent (assuming you actually believe what you are saying -?- ), do you believe God commands you to eat poison ivy?

I don't think God commands me to eat any plant.  I believe that God made every seed bearing plant for me to eat... if I want to... in the proper amounts.  Native Americans ate poison ivy in moderation.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:34:11 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2012, 01:24:45 PM »

The fact that pot is illegal and acetaminophen is everywhere makes zero sense.

Correct.  A 9 year old can stumble into Walmart and buy enough Tylenol to kill him and 30 others.  But my Father, God rest his soul, a grown man of more than 50 years, could not even store some cannabis in a safe in his kitchen to treat the cancer with (and also to treat the nausea and appetite suppression that seriously contributed to his death, side-effects from big pharma's often useless and harmful "healing medicines").  These backwards, demonic laws very possibly took my late Father's health and contributed to the death of his body instead of to healing.  I live in a medically free state, and I personally know many who claim cannabis saved their live during radiation and chemo "therapies."

But it does keep that money coming in.

I doubt pot is extremely good for you in moderation.

Read Genesis chapter 1 three times.  Or don't.  It is your loss.  Later on, don't say I didn't try to tell you.  For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open.

But for most people who can use it responsibly, I wouldn't be surprised to find it beneficial in more than a few ways.

But plantar warts?

Dude, this is a "disease" that historically has been known to respond very well to psychosomatic (heavy on the psycho) treatment. If that is what you had, HPV.

Are you asking me a question?  Yes, plantar warts.   I had battled these warts for nearly a decade with the help of three different doctors that tried various treatments.  I always had two or three warts; and they are very painful when on the feet.  They get very deep and large.  It hurts to walk.  The doctors tried all kinds of things, and nothing ever helped.  Even cutting and freezing them off (the typical solution) only "worked" for about as long as it took for the wound to heal.  The wart would just come right back.  

I watch almost no "hollywood" and instead watch a lot of educational documentaries.  I saw a documentary with a lot of interviews of regular joes, people that had healed themselves of various skin and other cancers by eating cannabis oil extract and putting it on their skin.  This was around the same time I learned that kanehbos is in Scripture, extracted into oil.  I'm also an avid reader about a variety of subjects, and I came across some medical journals about HPV's links to cancer around the same time I saw the documentary.  My doctors had probably never read the articles; many probably spend their free time going on lavish vacations paid for by big pharma reps.  You do know that goes on, right?  

I also found some studies in pub med that showed cannabis' cannabinoids fight cancer.  I also remembered someone in the documentary saying it had cured their warts.  I put two and two together, having learned that HPV was linked to cancer, and I therefore I acquired cannabis.  I was curious about its spiritual benefits, as I've described in other places on the board.  However, I was also hopeful about its medical benefits.  I extracted its oil into a concentrated form prescribed in the book of Exodus (assuming kanehbos is cannabis), and I put it on my warts.  They all went away after about two weeks of treatment.  Totally gone.   For good; its been almost two years now.  

So don't doubt that it is good for me.  I know it is good for you.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:39:35 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »

But don't listen to me.  And don't listen to God either. Just ignore that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food".

I believe that God made every seed bearing plant for me to eat... if I want to... in the proper amounts.  Native Americans ate poison ivy in moderation.
Not for food, but "supposedly" for immunity.

But it doesn't work for immunity or food.

Q.} I have a friend who is a city arborist. He knows a bit about plants as well as trees. He told me that it was possible to build up a relative immunity to poison ivy by ingesting the leaves of the plant in small doses over time. Is this true?
Submitted by: Josh, Knoxville, TN
A.} Back in April 1987 a study on ingesting poison ivy to develop immunity was reported in the Archives of Dermatology. The report said it didn't work. But cases of severe reactions in the mouth of people who have tried a nibble of poison ivy are well documented. The future may bring a pill that decreases sensitivity to poison ivy, oak, and sumac, and the pill may be derived from the plants, but no doctor I have ever talked to recommends eating poison ivy, no matter how small the bite.  http://www.backpacker.com/community/ask_buck/96

Quote from: acts420

I now ask you [iconicstudent] instead, in all seriousness, to please believe the first chapter of the Bible... that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food"

What about seed bearing plants which are highly poisonous?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:46:23 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2012, 01:43:45 PM »

Pot doesn't treat cancer. Bob Marley died of cancer, before he was even 40.

What gets me about these pot-worshipers is that they can never just admit all they want to do is smoke it for fun. They have to throw in all this fake b.s. to make them look like they have a purpose. Otherwise, you'd lump them in with the average person who likes to drink. Oh yeah, it kills germs, but you get this great buzz!    Roll Eyes

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
acts420
Elder

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »

do you believe God commands you to eat poison ivy?

Me:  Native Americans ate poison ivy in moderation.

Not for food, but "supposedly" for immunity.

But it doesn't work for immunity or food.

Q.} I have a friend who is a city arborist. He knows a bit about plants as well as trees. He told me that it was possible to build up a relative immunity to poison ivy by ingesting the leaves of the plant in small doses over time. Is this true?
Submitted by: Josh, Knoxville, TN
A.} Back in April 1987 a study on ingesting poison ivy to develop immunity was reported in the Archives of Dermatology. The report said it didn't work. But cases of severe reactions in the mouth of people who have tried a nibble of poison ivy are well documented. The future may bring a pill that decreases sensitivity to poison ivy, oak, and sumac, and the pill may be derived from the plants, but no doctor I have ever talked to recommends eating poison ivy, no matter how small the bite.  http://www.backpacker.com/community/ask_buck/96

Don't you know that studies can say anything?  Did your mother teach you to believe everything on TV (or the internet)?  I'm an avid backpacker, and I personally know a man in the Appalachian mountains who, at the advice of local Native American friends, ate poison ivy in very small amounts because he was always getting poison ivy when out in the bush.  He did get a reaction in the mouth sometimes.  However, he persevered and made adjustments to his regimen until he could eat it consistently without getting a reaction (in the right amounts).  Since then, he is no longer very sensitive to poison ivy.  He will get it if he breaks it on purpose and rubs it on his skin.  But he no longer gets it out in the bush.

There are articles about the Natives using it this way.  There are probably other uses for the plant too, in proper amounts, that we've not even discovered yet.  Bio-technology is rapidly growing and evolving.

I'm not telling you to eat it.  I'm not telling you to eat anything.  All I'm saying is that God gave us all seed bearing plants for food; cannabis is good for you.  But don't believe me.  Believe God.  If you can not believe even the first chapter of the Bible, then why even bother to read the rest?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:54:20 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
acts420
Elder

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2012, 01:50:28 PM »

What gets me about these pot-worshipers is that they can never just admit all they want to do is smoke it for fun. They have to throw in all this fake b.s. to make them look like they have a purpose. Otherwise, you'd lump them in with the average person who likes to drink. Oh yeah, it kills germs, but you get this great buzz!    Roll Eyes

Smoking pot does not treat cancer.  Go to pub med and read the articles about how pot has been used to treat cancer if you're sincerely interested.  Bob Marley?   As a Rastafarian, Marley smoked pot.  He has virtually nothing to do with curing cancer with cannabis.  Smoking pot does not treat cancer in any medical journal article I've ever read.  Smoking it often treats nausea that some big pharma cancer medications cause, but it doesn't actually treat cancer.  Eating it's extracted oils does treat cancer. There is no indication I've ever seen that Marley knew this, extracted cannabis into oil, or ate its extracts. 

See "run from the cure" (a documentary) where people eat extracted cannabis oils and use it on their skin to *cure* cancer, if you want.  Others ate it and claimed similar effects for internal cancers.  See also the same extracted cannabinoids in the pub med articles fighting cancer, if you want.   I'm not saying it heals everyone.  It doesn't.  Neither the documentaries nor the medical articles claim that.  I'm saying it has medical value.  It does.  A lot of it.

Open your ears.  We should educate ourselves before running our mouths.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:56:58 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:39 PM »

Don't you know that studies can say anything?
So can you.

Don't you know that studies can say anything? Did your mother not teach you to not believe everything on TV (or the internet)?  I'm an avid backpacker, and I personally know a man in the Appalachian mountains who, at the advice of local Native American friends, ate poison ivy in very small amounts because he was always getting poison ivy when out in the bush.  He did get a reaction in the mouth sometimes.  However, he persevered and made adjustments to his regimen until he could eat it consistently without getting a reaction (in the right amounts).  Since then, he is no longer very sensitive to poison ivy.  There are articles about the Natives using it this way.  There are probably other uses for the plant too, in proper amounts, that we've not even discovered yet.  Bio-technology is rapidly growing and evolving.
That's not very "scientific" of you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

But lets just say the Dermatological Journal is wrong and your anecdotal evidence is "right."

It still isn't about using poison ivy for food, and so fails to support your claim that poison ivy is food.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:57:28 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:59 PM »

Xariskai, you totally set yourself up for that one.

Acts, do you own "The Herb Book"? You seem like the type of guy who would own the Herb Book.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:55:17 PM by NicholasMyra » Logged

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »

What gets me about these pot-worshipers is that they can never just admit all they want to do is smoke it for fun. They have to throw in all this fake b.s. to make them look like they have a purpose. Otherwise, you'd lump them in with the average person who likes to drink. Oh yeah, it kills germs, but you get this great buzz!    Roll Eyes

Smoking pot does not treat cancer.  Go to pub med and read the articles about how pot has been used to treat cancer if you're sincerely interested.  Bob Marley?   As a Rastafarian, Marley smoked pot.  He has virtually nothing to do with curing cancer with cannabis.  Smoking pot does not treat cancer in any medical journal article I've ever read.  Smoking it often treats nausea that some big pharma cancer medications cause, but it doesn't actually treat cancer.  Eating it's extracted oils does treat cancer. There is no indication I've ever seen that Marley knew this, extracted cannabis into oil, or ate its extracts. 

See "run from the cure" (a documentary) where people eat extracted cannabis oils and use it on their skin to *cure* cancer, if you want.  Others ate it and claimed similar effects for internal cancers.  See also the same extracted cannabinoids in the pub med articles fighting cancer, if you want.   I'm not saying it heals everyone.  It doesn't.  Neither the documentaries nor the medical articles claim that.  I'm saying it has medical value.  It does.  A lot of it.

Open your ears.  We should educate ourselves before running our mouths.

So, now you're just angry. Can't admit you were wrong, huh.  Roll Eyes

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

I now ask you [iconicstudent] instead, in all seriousness, to please believe the first chapter of the Bible... that pesky little verse in Genesis chapter 1 where God gives us "all seed bearing plants for food" [/size]

What about seed bearing plants which are highly poisonous?

Silly Stars
Agabus
Archon

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2012, 02:01:26 PM »

Wake up.
I do not deny cannabis has some medicinal benefits in the same way that many holistic medicines have some benefits. And I am not going to begrudge people who are really sick that right...Go ahead and add Parkinson’s and MS to my list. You can probably find a few other debilitating diseases that I think are OK to smoke weed for if it makes their quality of life better.

I am saying, however, that I find it suspect any time anyone comes in touting the miracle benefits of any plant.  Usually it is because they are trying to sell something, but with cannabis...Well, you know my position. I have yet to see a miracle plant that actually does everything that you claim cannabis does, although I have heard similar things about blueberries, garlic and pecans. But you can’t make rope with those, huh? And you’re telling me the motives of most cannabis activists are totally pure?

BTW, I have been to the miracle oil shows and have heard the spiel. All it did was set off my BS detector.

acts420
Elder

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2012, 02:01:46 PM »

Xariskai, you totally set yourself up for that one.

Acts, do you own "The Herb Book"? You seem like the type of guy who would own the Herb Book.

I do not.  Is it a good read?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:02:03 PM by acts420 » Logged

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: