Author Topic: How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
I thought the following link might be helpful for those making a Pascha Basket for the first time this year: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-traditional-orthodox-pascha.html
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Offline podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
Re: How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Thank you for posting this as this is one of the best guides to the tradition.

This portrays what we Carpies, i.e. Carpatho-Russians, Rusyns, Lemkos etc... do for ours and is probably the same for most Ukrainians as well.

The source of the original graphic goes back about forty years to ---- the diocesan newspaper of the Pittsburgh Byzantine Catholic eparchy (The BC World)  and the newspaper of the Greek Catholic Union ( The GCU Messenger). Many an ACROD and OCA priest copied the same and reprinted it in their Palm Sunday bulletins over the years - up to and including present days.  I couldn't resist - sorry... ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:40:49 AM by podkarpatska »

Offline Orest

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
I thought the following link might be helpful for those making a Pascha Basket for the first time this year: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-traditional-orthodox-pascha.html

OK, but missing the green onions because the colour green respresents the Holy Spirit.

Offline mike

• Pink Mafia
  • Protostrator
  • Polish Laser Jesus shooting down schismatics
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Diocese of Białystok and Gdańsk
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
No dairy here, ham is the only one kind of meat and we put bread too.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Who can watch the watchmen?
"No one is paying attention to your post reports"
Why do posters that claim to have me blocked keep sending me pms and responding to my posts? That makes no sense.