OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 25, 2014, 08:55:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket  (Read 964 times) Average Rating: 0
Nigula Qian Zishi
Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

我美丽的妻子和我。

nstanosheck
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »

I thought the following link might be helpful for those making a Pascha Basket for the first time this year: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-traditional-orthodox-pascha.html

在基督         My Original Blog
尼古拉         My Facebook Profile
前执事         My Twitter Page
podkarpatska
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »

Thank you for posting this as this is one of the best guides to the tradition.

This portrays what we Carpies, i.e. Carpatho-Russians, Rusyns, Lemkos etc... do for ours and is probably the same for most Ukrainians as well.

The source of the original graphic goes back about forty years to ---- the diocesan newspaper of the Pittsburgh Byzantine Catholic eparchy (The BC World)  and the newspaper of the Greek Catholic Union ( The GCU Messenger). Many an ACROD and OCA priest copied the same and reprinted it in their Palm Sunday bulletins over the years - up to and including present days.  I couldn't resist - sorry... Wink
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:40:49 AM by podkarpatska » Logged
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »

I thought the following link might be helpful for those making a Pascha Basket for the first time this year: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-traditional-orthodox-pascha.html

OK, but missing the green onions because the colour green respresents the Holy Spirit.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »

No dairy here, ham is the only one kind of meat and we put bread too.
Tags: Easter Pascha  Basket  bread  Kielbasa  Ham  Meat  Cheese  Eggs  Butter 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: