Author Topic: How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Nigula Qian Zishi

• Administrator Emeritus, Retired Deacon, Inactive Poster, Active Orthodox Christian, Father, and Husband
  • OC.net guru
  • 我美丽的妻子和我。
    • Orthodox Ecclesiology and The World
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of Denver
How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket
« on: April 12, 2012, 09:46:08 AM »
I thought the following link might be helpful for those making a Pascha Basket for the first time this year: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-traditional-orthodox-pascha.html
在基督
尼古拉
前执事
的博客

Online podkarpatska

• Merarches
  • Pokrov
    • ACROD (home)
Re: How to make a traditional Pascha (Easter) Basket
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 10:39:18 AM »
Thank you for posting this as this is one of the best guides to the tradition.

This portrays what we Carpies, i.e. Carpatho-Russians, Rusyns, Lemkos etc... do for ours and is probably the same for most Ukrainians as well.

The source of the original graphic goes back about forty years to ---- the diocesan newspaper of the Pittsburgh Byzantine Catholic eparchy (The BC World)  and the newspaper of the Greek Catholic Union ( The GCU Messenger). Many an ACROD and OCA priest copied the same and reprinted it in their Palm Sunday bulletins over the years - up to and including present days.  I couldn't resist - sorry... ;)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:40:49 AM by podkarpatska »

Offline Orest

• OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:24:28 AM »
I thought the following link might be helpful for those making a Pascha Basket for the first time this year: http://nstanosheck.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-traditional-orthodox-pascha.html

OK, but missing the green onions because the colour green respresents the Holy Spirit.

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Shevchenko - extraordinary poet and top footballer
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 03:27:32 PM »
No dairy here, ham is the only one kind of meat and we put bread too.
Hyperdox Herman, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - fb, Eastern Orthodox Christian News - tt

not everything I typed before [insert current date] may reflect my current views on the subject