Author Topic: Anti-Christian Muslim Activity  (Read 748 times)

Offline orthonorm

• Hoplitarches
Anti-Christian Muslim Activity
« on: April 07, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »
Today, after a long and backbreaking day at the parish doing Herculean labor, I stopped by the Muslim deli near my pad for some vittles.

I placed my order and before they started making it, I realized I left my wallet in my other pair of pants or jacket.

I let them know.

They insisted they make my order and I take it as an Easter gift.

When will their evil actions end?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:33:25 PM by orthonorm »
If you have PMed me, the mods have taken my ability to PM away. Please see my email if you wish to contact me during my time of trial.

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
Re: Anti-Christian Muslim Activity
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »
Do not be fooled by appearances I say! They probably wanna recruit you into the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' brigades or some such.

Offline TheMathematician

• OC.net guru
  • Formerly known as Montalo
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: ACROD
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
just sending you down that slippery slope towards damnation

Offline Iconodule

• Uranopolitan
  • Merarches
  • "My god is greater."
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate (ACROD)
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »
That falafel is likely full of demonic Moon-god energies

Offline Justin Kissel

• Protospatharios
  • my finger points
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »
Have you considered the possibility that you are at peace with yourself and now thousands around you are beginning to be saved?

Offline dzheremi

• No longer posting here.
  • Protokentarchos
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:25 AM »
The Copts here in Albuquerque shop at the local Middle Eastern grocery that is undoubtedly run by Muslims (that is, if their snazzy decor of a big, dot matrix-printed Arabic sign reading "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim" that hangs over the deli counter for some reason is any indication). At first it gave me pause just because it's a little strange given the uncompromising stance of these same Copts against Islam, but my Coptic friends assured me that this grocery is run by a nice, very moderate family from Palestine. They even give us a hefty discount on bulk orders of fava beans that we pick up at the beginning of the Great Fast.

And to think some people's hatred and suspicion will keep them from ever knowing the joy of discount imported beans. What a shame!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:17:03 AM by dzheremi »

Offline augustin717

• Taxiarches
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »
Have you considered the possibility that you are at peace with yourself and now thousands around you are beginning to be saved?
That's so funny! To the same level to the line I once read in The Onion Dome like you know you are Orthodox when you find yourself saving nail clips in hopes of, well, future glorification.

Offline JamesRottnek

• Protokentarchos
  • I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »
Go to the hospital now; your food was infected with a slow-acting poison!
I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »
Today, after a long and backbreaking day at the parish doing Herculean labor, I stopped by the Muslim deli near my pad for some vittles.

I placed my order and before they started making it, I realized I left my wallet in my other pair of pants or jacket.

I let them know.

They insisted they make my order and I take it as an Easter gift.

When will their evil actions end?
If you're going to patronize a Muslim deli, you deserve whatever you get  ;).

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 07:35:29 PM »
The Copts here in Albuquerque shop at the local Middle Eastern grocery that is undoubtedly run by Muslims (that is, if their snazzy decor of a big, dot matrix-printed Arabic sign reading "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim" that hangs over the deli counter for some reason is any indication). At first it gave me pause just because it's a little strange given the uncompromising stance of these same Copts against Islam, but my Coptic friends assured me that this grocery is run by a nice, very moderate family from Palestine. They even give us a hefty discount on bulk orders of fava beans that we pick up at the beginning of the Great Fast.

And to think some people's hatred and suspicion will keep them from ever knowing the joy of discount imported beans. What a shame!

At the risk of tempting others from their Lenten fasts, my favorite gyros are here:

http://53rdand6th.com/

I don't care what religion one is from, these particular Muslims know how to make good gyros.  And they're Egyptian, so I always order in Egyptian Arabic just for solidarity.  If you ever order food that tastes really good from an Arab, tell them, "Tiss-lum -idik" (or "Tiss-lumy idiky" for a lady).  It means "bless your hands."

There's a place in Jersey City that cooks really good fish.  Owned by a Copt, but cooked by a Muslim lady.

So long as there is no vitriolic talk of religion, we become great friends with Muslims.
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline biro

• Elevator lady, levitate me
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »
I bet they even gave you dipping sauce!  ;) :D

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Hoplitarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
  • Faith: Oriental Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Coptic
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »
I bet they even gave you dipping sauce!  ;) :D

Oh I smothered my platters with their white sauces....It's not your typical tzatziki sauce.  It's a secret recipe apparently!

But everyone gets a chance at using their famous white sauce...so no preferential treatment...lol

Long ago, when I first went to WV, I was worried that some racists might shun me.  Granted, there were some that gave me a look here and there, but for the most part, WV people are one of the nicest people I've ever met.  Even those with Dixie flags opened their homes to me.  Truly wonderful people!  Comes to show that even the Dixie flagged folks, I was too stereotypical over.

So of course, we may have our stereotypes, but there are a lot of people out there who are good-hearted folk.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:51:43 PM by minasoliman »
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline CoptoGeek

• of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »
Thanks for posting this, orthonorm.
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa