OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 07:23:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anti-Christian Muslim Activity  (Read 580 times) Average Rating: 0
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« on: April 07, 2012, 11:32:55 PM »

Today, after a long and backbreaking day at the parish doing Herculean labor, I stopped by the Muslim deli near my pad for some vittles.

I placed my order and before they started making it, I realized I left my wallet in my other pair of pants or jacket.

I let them know.

They insisted they make my order and I take it as an Easter gift.

When will their evil actions end?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 11:33:25 PM by orthonorm » Logged

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »

Do not be fooled by appearances I say! They probably wanna recruit you into the Al-Aqsa Martyrs' brigades or some such.
TheMathematician
Banished and Disgraced
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Serbian

Formerly known as Montalo

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »

just sending you down that slippery slope towards damnation
Iconodule
Uranopolitan
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

"My god is greater."

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 11:42:08 PM »

That falafel is likely full of demonic Moon-god energies

"A riddle or the cricket's cry
Is to doubt a fit reply." - William Blake

Quote from: Byron
Just ignore iconotools delusions. He is the biggest multiculturalist globalist there is due to his unfortunate background.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

Have you considered the possibility that you are at peace with yourself and now thousands around you are beginning to be saved?

dzheremi
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2012, 12:16:25 AM »

The Copts here in Albuquerque shop at the local Middle Eastern grocery that is undoubtedly run by Muslims (that is, if their snazzy decor of a big, dot matrix-printed Arabic sign reading "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim" that hangs over the deli counter for some reason is any indication). At first it gave me pause just because it's a little strange given the uncompromising stance of these same Copts against Islam, but my Coptic friends assured me that this grocery is run by a nice, very moderate family from Palestine. They even give us a hefty discount on bulk orders of fava beans that we pick up at the beginning of the Great Fast.

And to think some people's hatred and suspicion will keep them from ever knowing the joy of discount imported beans. What a shame!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 12:17:03 AM by dzheremi » Logged

augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

Teaching on the mountain

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 12:26:14 AM »

Have you considered the possibility that you are at peace with yourself and now thousands around you are beginning to be saved?
That's so funny! To the same level to the line I once read in The Onion Dome like you know you are Orthodox when you find yourself saving nail clips in hopes of, well, future glorification.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2012, 01:34:00 AM »

Go to the hospital now; your food was infected with a slow-acting poison!

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2012, 03:49:36 PM »

Today, after a long and backbreaking day at the parish doing Herculean labor, I stopped by the Muslim deli near my pad for some vittles.

I placed my order and before they started making it, I realized I left my wallet in my other pair of pants or jacket.

I let them know.

They insisted they make my order and I take it as an Easter gift.

When will their evil actions end?
If you're going to patronize a Muslim deli, you deserve whatever you get  Wink.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 07:35:29 PM »

The Copts here in Albuquerque shop at the local Middle Eastern grocery that is undoubtedly run by Muslims (that is, if their snazzy decor of a big, dot matrix-printed Arabic sign reading "Bismillah al-Rahman al-Rahim" that hangs over the deli counter for some reason is any indication). At first it gave me pause just because it's a little strange given the uncompromising stance of these same Copts against Islam, but my Coptic friends assured me that this grocery is run by a nice, very moderate family from Palestine. They even give us a hefty discount on bulk orders of fava beans that we pick up at the beginning of the Great Fast.

And to think some people's hatred and suspicion will keep them from ever knowing the joy of discount imported beans. What a shame!

At the risk of tempting others from their Lenten fasts, my favorite gyros are here:

http://53rdand6th.com/

I don't care what religion one is from, these particular Muslims know how to make good gyros.  And they're Egyptian, so I always order in Egyptian Arabic just for solidarity.  If you ever order food that tastes really good from an Arab, tell them, "Tiss-lum -idik" (or "Tiss-lumy idiky" for a lady).  It means "bless your hands."

There's a place in Jersey City that cooks really good fish.  Owned by a Copt, but cooked by a Muslim lady.

So long as there is no vitriolic talk of religion, we become great friends with Muslims.

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:36:58 PM »

I bet they even gave you dipping sauce!  Wink Cheesy

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 07:46:09 PM »

I bet they even gave you dipping sauce!  Wink Cheesy

Oh I smothered my platters with their white sauces....It's not your typical tzatziki sauce.  It's a secret recipe apparently!

But everyone gets a chance at using their famous white sauce...so no preferential treatment...lol

Long ago, when I first went to WV, I was worried that some racists might shun me.  Granted, there were some that gave me a look here and there, but for the most part, WV people are one of the nicest people I've ever met.  Even those with Dixie flags opened their homes to me.  Truly wonderful people!  Comes to show that even the Dixie flagged folks, I was too stereotypical over.

So of course, we may have our stereotypes, but there are a lot of people out there who are good-hearted folk.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 07:51:43 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 08:30:24 AM »

Thanks for posting this, orthonorm.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: