OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 01:13:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please Pray for My Father  (Read 1002 times) Average Rating: 0
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« on: March 29, 2012, 02:03:54 AM »

Please pray for my father, Mr. Freddie Wood. He is in the hospital with pneumonia. He has been in the hospital since Monday, and since that time he has been very confused and disoriented. He seems to have dementia, which he has never exhibited before. He has been living with us for the past 9 weeks, and his mind has been 100% until now. I have never seen him like this, and it is heartbreaking. I am hoping and praying that this is not permanent. He is a brilliant man, and I can't stand to see him so confused and disoriented. I know that many people on this forum pray and that your prayers are very powerful. My father really needs all the prayers he can get right now. He is not a Christian, but he is a kind and generous man. He has always tried to help others and goes out of his way to make people feel good. I am very scared and upset right now. I don't want him to suffer at all, but I hate to see his mind affected like this. I love my father so much. Please pray for him. Thank you everyone.

[My father with my daughter, just a few weeks ago.]

Selam

"Don't register. Don't vote.
Don't enlist. Don't deploy.
Don't take oaths. Don't say the pledge.
Pray to God, and start a revolution instead!"
Selam, +GMK+
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 02:23:41 AM »

Lord have mercy!

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 03:59:51 AM »

May the Lord have mercy on your father, Gebre!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:00:04 AM by NicholasMyra » Logged

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 09:35:40 PM »

Lord have mercy on Gebre's father Freddie.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »

Lord have mercy!!

Praying.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Hello for now, my friend

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:39:05 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin

Hey, so I'm in a pop-alt-punk-folk-prog band called "Affable Dregs" and we have a new album coming out, titled "Vicious Turnips Always Taste Most Delicious." We'd really appreciate your support!
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 07:39:45 AM »

Lord Have Mercy
alice

Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 09:13:09 AM »

Pray to St. Nektarios dear brother in Christ. His intercessions are strong and miraculous for the benefit of those who are ill...

Thank you for sharing the photo of your lovely family--your beloved father and daughter. I pray with all my heart that God will bless all of you and that your father will regain his mental and physical health completely...

Troparion to St. Nektarios, the Wonder Worker

The offspring of Selyvria, and the guardian of Aegina,
the true friend of virtue who appeared in the last days,
we faithful honour thee as a Godly servant of Christ
for thou pourest forth healings of all kinds to those who piously cry out:
Glory to Christ who glorified thee!
Glory to Him who made thee wonderous!
Glory to Him who worketh healings for all through Thee! AMEN!   

Humbly and unworthily in Christ our Lord,
Alice
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 10:12:39 AM »

Lord have mercy.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 11:45:22 AM »

Lord have mercy.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

Thanks to everyone for all the prayers. I have really felt them. Last night I gave my father some holy water. He was asleep for the 5 hours I was there, and I went back this morning to see if he had improved any. Last night when I got home I couldn't stop crying. I begged God to just give me another opportunity to have a normal conversation with my father, so that I could tell him at least one more time how much I love him and appreciate all that he has done for me. I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to communicate that to him ever again. But this morning when I visited him, he seemed much more coherent. His speech was still very slurred, and he was very groggy. But he immediately recognized me and seemed to understand things much better today. He wasn't hallucinating or acting confused. I was very relieved to see this improvement. I told him how much I loved him, and he understood clearly and reaffirmed his love for me too. I really know that God is answering the many prayers that have been offered on his behalf. I thank all of you from the depth of my heart, and I ask you to please continue to say a prayer for my father whenever you think of him. I will keep you updated.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 08:29:49 PM »

Will do brother, continued prayers, Lord have mercy.

Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:09 PM »

Lord have mercy!

Have they checked to make sure he hasn't had a small stroke?

Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 01:47:07 PM »

My father is on life support right now. His heart stopped beating and he stopped breathing in the middle of the night. They were able to stabilize him, but he is not conscious. There are strong indications that he has suffered severe brain damage. This all came as quite a shock after he had seemed to be doing so much better yesterday. I don't want my father to suffer. More than ever, I ask for all of your continued prayers. I know that God is in control, but my heart is breaking right now.

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »

Wow. Lord have mercy!  Sad

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 02:05:47 PM »

Lord, comfort Your servant.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 02:15:07 PM »

Lord have mercy. I am so sorry Gebre.

mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 03:56:57 PM »

may u know God walking with u in this time.
we are praying for you and may God have mercy on yr father.
Gebre Menfes Kidus
Merarches

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2012, 06:25:35 PM »

My father passed away this afternoon. Today is Palm Sunday, and I give thanks and praise to God for giving me such a wonderful Papa. He was not a perfect man, but I felt nothing but love and support from him thoughout my life. His kindness, generosity, patience, and forgiveness enabled me to overcome many failures and sins over the years. He was not a Christian, but I baptized him with Holy Water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit- One God, when he was in the ICU. I trust in the unfailing mercy of God, and I trust that my father is now embracing the love of Christ. My father was greatly admired and respected by everyone who knew him. He was gracious and kind to everyone he met, and he would help anyone in need whenever he could. He never gave up on me, and he put up with a lot of foolishness from me at times. I am grateful that our relationship got stronger and stronger as time went on, and I am so thankful that he was able to spend the last two months of his life in our home where he finally received the nurture and care that he deserved. Now I am stuggling to deal with family issues with my mother and my sister. Too much to go into here. I am very thankful for everyone's prayers, and I ask that you would continue to pray for my father and for our family.

Hosanna in the highest!

Selam

Selam, +GMK+
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2012, 06:31:39 PM »

My father passed away this afternoon. Today is Palm Sunday, and I give thanks and praise to God for giving me such a wonderful Papa. He was not a perfect man, but I felt nothing but love and support from him thoughout my life. His kindness, generosity, patience, and forgiveness enabled me to overcome many failures and sins over the years. He was not a Christian, but I baptized him with Holy Water in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit- One God, when he was in the ICU. I trust in the unfailing mercy of God, and I trust that my father is now embracing the love of Christ. My father was greatly admired and respected by everyone who knew him. He was gracious and kind to everyone he met, and he would help anyone in need whenever he could. He never gave up on me, and he put up with a lot of foolishness from me at times. I am grateful that our relationship got stronger and stronger as time went on, and I am so thankful that he was able to spend the last two months of his life in our home where he finally received the nurture and care that he deserved. Now I am stuggling to deal with family issues with my mother and my sister. Too much to go into here. I am very thankful for everyone's prayers, and I ask that you would continue to pray for my father and for our family.

Hosanna in the highest!

Selam

I am terribly sorry to hear of all your troubles as of late. May your father's memory be eternal.

Lord have mercy on you and your entire family during this time.

It is truly heart breaking.

Fotina02

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2012, 06:41:15 PM »

Into thy hands, O Lord, commend the soul of thy servant, the beloved father of Gebre, and beseech thee to grant him rest in the place of thy rest, where all thy blessed Saints repose, and where the light of thy countenance shineth forever. And  beseech thee also to grant that our present lives may be godly, sober, and blameless, that, we too may be made worthy to enter into thy heavenly Kingdom with those we love but see no longer: for thou art the Resurrection, and the Life, and the Repose of thy departed servant, O Christ our God, and unto thee we ascribe glory: to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit; now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »

So sorry my brother, may the Lord have mercy on your family and yourself. May your father's memory be eternal.

biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2012, 07:17:54 PM »

Hosanna in the highest!

Selam

Lord have mercy.

Memory eternal.  Cry Cry

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

spcasuncoast.org
IXOYE
Site Supporter
High Elder

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2012, 08:55:10 PM »

Lord, have mercy!
stavros_388
OC.net guru

Faith: +

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »

My deepest sympathies, Gebre.
Lord Have Mercy!
Memory Eternal!

"The kingdom of heaven is virtuous life, just as the torment of hell is passionate habits." - St. Gregory of Sinai

"Our idea of God tells us more about ourselves than about Him." - Thomas Merton
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 09:39:30 PM »

Gebre, you have my deepest and most heartfelt sympathies, my friend!

May the Lord grant your father everlasting peace, and rest with His saints.

May your father's memory be eternal!

May the Lord grant you, your family and loved ones strength to endure the grief of your loss.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Andrew21091
OC.net guru

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2012, 09:51:12 PM »

Gebre, I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. I saw it on FB. May his memory be eternal. My prayers are with your father and also with you and your family.
Salpy
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Armenian Church

Pray for the Christians of Iraq and Syria.

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2012, 10:02:25 PM »

May God illuminate his soul.  Memory eternal!

NicholasMyra
Avowed denominationalist
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

When in doubt, say: "you lack the proper φρόνημα"

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2012, 10:23:03 PM »

Memory Eternal!

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.
bytania

Faith: oriental Orthodox/non-chalcedonian
Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Archdiocese of North America

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2012, 11:13:27 PM »

I am so sorry for your loss Gebre. My thoughts and prayers and with you and your family
Loss is a part of life that we all have to endure at some point in our lives. God is the one who gives us the courage to accept it, swallow it and allow us to move on.
Memory eternal to your father. May the lord have mercy on his soul

Bytania 

Do not want things to turn out as they seem best to you, but as God pleases. Then you will be free from confusion, and thankful in prayer.
~The Desert Fathers
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 05:49:39 AM »

I am truly sorry for this loss, Gebre.

Into Thy hands, O Lord, commend the soul of they servant.

Lord have mercy!

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
acts420
Elder

Faith: the Way
Jurisdiction: Jesus the Anointed One

« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »

I pray that God will comfort you, that He will grant your father everlasting peace and rest, and that your family and loved ones will be given the strength to endure the difficult days ahead until the joy of Christ's victory shines through all of our sorrows.

I lost my own father about 10 years ago, and it was a very painful thing to go through.  Lord have mercy on us.

In Christ,
Jason
www.acts420.com
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:20 AM »

Memory eternal.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
genesisone
Archon

Jurisdiction: Antioch

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »

May your father's memory be eternal.

Prayers continue for you and your family.
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »

may God have mercy.
as u had the experience God gave u to speak to him before he was unconscious, i am sure that he had the chance to respond to God. i believe he is in a better place now and that God is listening to yr prayers. our wonderful God sees yr patience and yr peacefulness through all these trials.
may God give u perfect peace and people to give u strength and encouragement as u deal with yr family issues.
we have all benefitted from yr wisdom here. may God reward you and bless u.
yr sister mabsoota.
GTAsoldier
Elder

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: God knows what lives in me in place of me....

GTAsoldier
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2012, 06:51:54 PM »

Memory eternal. My condolences to you Gebre and your family.  Sad

On a side note, my grand-uncle has been in the hospital after suffering a brain aneurysm for a few weeks now. I just got a call from my aunt that he's brain dead. Another source (my cousin) called my mother informing him that he is dead. I don't know what's up. Sad

Would appreciate prayers. Thanks in advance,

GTA

Lord have mercy....
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:00:20 PM by GTAsoldier » Logged

God be merciful to us sinners.

Quote from: IoanC
the best way of conveying God's love to people is through your own presence and deeds.
No longer posting on this forum. Thanks to all the helpful people who inspired me. God bless.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

fleem
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2012, 06:54:56 PM »

Lord have mercy.   Cry

spcasuncoast.org
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 07:08:31 AM »

I am so sorry Gebre, Lord have mercy and Memory Eternal
Hiwot
Christ is Risen!
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

Job 19:25-27

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 08:45:07 PM »

I am very sorry to hear this Gebre, may the Lord bring comfort to you and your family at this time.Lord have mercy on the work of Thy hands.Memory Eternal!

To God be the Glory in all things! Amen!

Only pray for me, that God would give me both inward and outward strength, that I may not only speak, but truly will; and that I may not merely be called a Christian, but really be found to be one. St.Ignatius of Antioch.Epistle to the Romans.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: