The Most Reverend Metropolitan Seraphim of Piraeus called extra anathema during the reading of the Synodikon on the Sunday of the Triumph of Orthodoxy. He added these to the list of anathema saying:
- The truly non-existent and fallen arch-heretic Pope and Patriarch of Old Rome Benedict XVI and those in communion with him, anathema, anathema, anathema.
- Martin Luther, John Calvin, Henry Zwingli, Henry the VIII the impious king, and those with them, and all the heretical offshoots of the Reformation, anathema, anathema, anathema.
- Those who deny and rebuke the Panagia, the consubstantial, indivisible and Life-giving Trinity, the Rabbi's of Judaism, the Islamists, the anonymous tracts of the Watchtower Society, the Jehovah's Witnesses, anathema, anathema, anathema.
- Those who deny the Holy 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Ecumenical Councils, the Monophysites, Monothelites, and Monoenergists, anathema, anathema, anathema.
- Those who preach and teach the pan-heresy of Inter-Christian and Inter-Religious Syncretistic Ecumenism, anathema, anathema, anathema.
You can watch it here:http://vimeo.com/38152418
at 16:06 he begins reading of anathema against heretics like arius and others
After the anathema of the heresy of Barlaam (17:36)
17:46 begins the anathema against the Latin pope and continues listing anathema as listed earlier above as he said
Yes, this is the same Seraphim who said many "anti-semetic" things during a interview.
Personally, watching the entire video I could not help but feel sick, I am not sure why, but something there just makes me feel wrong inside. When His Most Reverend talks, I cannot help but feel uneasy. And all through last night those chantings of "anathema anathema anathema" were running through my head, causing me much trouble.
At first I admired his stand against ecumenism, but I am not very sure anymore about this Metropolitan.