OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 30, 2014, 12:07:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Undoing the "Mark All Messages Read"  (Read 697 times) Average Rating: 0
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« on: April 06, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »

How do I undo the action I committed, where I "Marked All Messages Read"?

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »

How do I undo the action I committed, where I "Marked All Messages Read"?

I don't think you can, I'm guessing that the command flags all your messages as 'read' in the database and doesn't keep track of which values are overwritten. I might be wrong, but it would surprise me if that actually saved that information.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
Fr. George
formerly "Cleveland"
Administrator
Stratopedarches

Faith: Orthodox (Catholic) Christian
Jurisdiction: GOA - Metropolis of Pittsburgh

May the Lord bless you and keep you always!

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:01:55 PM »

Echoing GiC, I'm not aware of a way to do this.

"The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the one who can't read them." Mark Twain
---------------------
Ordained on 17 & 18-Oct 2009. Please forgive me if earlier posts are poorly worded or incorrect in any way.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »

Yeah, I do that sometimes if I'm using my iPod Touch. The screen shows up with really small type.   Cheesy

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:08:23 PM »

Man...there were other threads that I didn't read in my subscribed list...

In any case, I suppose that could be one suggestion for an oc.net upgrade....OR some pop-up that says, "Are you sure you want all messages read"
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 03:30:17 PM by minasoliman » Logged

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
GiC
Resident Atheist
Site Supporter
Merarches

Faith: Mathematician

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 03:45:05 PM »

Man...there were other threads that I didn't read in my subscribed list...

In any case, I suppose that could be one suggestion for an oc.net upgrade....OR some pop-up that says, "Are you sure you want all messages read"

A popup would be easy, but an 'undo' option is much more difficult to implement in practice than it sounds with internet infrastructure. Even the undo option on Google docs has problems.

"The liberties of people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them." -- Patrick Henry
serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »

this may sound ridiculous but couldn't you have clicked "back"? 

also, if you are using a MAC there is another option (both Time Warp as well as something else), but i'm assuming you're using PC? 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 11:09:44 PM »

"Back" only works within your browser. It has no effect on the forum's database.
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 11:58:49 PM »

also, if you are using a MAC there is another option (both Time Warp as well as something else), but i'm assuming you're using PC? 

Ya but the previous page was not my unread replies, so I lost all of that. 

Ehh...I use a Mac, but I don't know how to use it since I suspect I don't even have time warp (never even heard of it).  I hope you're not confusing it with time machine, which makes a backup for your hard drive.

serb1389
Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
Global Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Michał Kalina's biggest fan

FrNPantic
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 06:30:10 PM »

Ehh...I use a Mac, but I don't know how to use it since I suspect I don't even have time warp (never even heard of it).  I hope you're not confusing it with time machine, which makes a backup for your hard drive.

I did mean time machine.  Also, in the new operating system you can take two fingers (index, middle) and swipe to the right & that will make the screen move back & forth between the page you're on, the page you were on before, and then just go back & forth between two. 

Let me know if that is helpful in your situation whatsoever. 

I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that
minasoliman
Section Moderator
Toumarches

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2012, 07:04:33 PM »

I did mean time machine.  Also, in the new operating system you can take two fingers (index, middle) and swipe to the right & that will make the screen move back & forth between the page you're on, the page you were on before, and then just go back & forth between two. 

Let me know if that is helpful in your situation whatsoever. 
I think you mean three fingers Father.  The original page I was in was not the new replies page, but the unread posts page.  There's a lot of old threads I have yet to read in my new replies page that were not in the unread posts.  So going back won't really help. It's ok.  It was my clumsy fault.  Maybe these threads will return some day upon some thread resurrection in the long future.

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: