OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 09:18:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Old Calendar LDS  (Read 286 times) Average Rating: 0
mike
Stratopedarches

« on: April 06, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »

Someone asked me if I'm celebrating Easter this weekend?
As a Mormon, I'm going to celebrate it next week along with the Eastern Orthodox and Apostolic churches.

I hope you've prepared to live forever.
Hello and good evening.

It that true?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: BZZT

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 02:22:19 PM »

When I saw the title of this thread I wondered if perhaps there was a typo, and the letters LDS were meant to be in a different order. As it turns out, there was no typo, but a strange question remains.  I wish I had an answer...
Agabus
The user formerly known as Agabus.
Archon

Faith: Pan-American Colloquial Convert Hybrid Orthodoxy.
Jurisdiction: We are all uncanonical now.

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

When I saw the title of this thread I wondered if perhaps there was a typo, and the letters LDS were meant to be in a different order. As it turns out, there was no typo, but a strange question remains.  I wish I had an answer...
In my hometown, the LDS church sign was originally painted by a man with severe dyslexia. For a few brief days, people thought the most awesome church ever had been opened.

This is not a joke.

Blessed Nazarius practiced the ascetic life. His clothes were tattered. He wore his shoes without removing them for six years.

THE OPINIONS HERE MAY NOT REFLECT THE ACTUAL ORTHODOX CHURCH
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »

a broken watch is right twice a day...

LDS
DLS
SLD
SDL
LSD...that's the ticket!
witega
Is it enough now, to tell you you matter?
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Diocese of the South

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 03:31:33 PM »

As a Mormon, I'm going to celebrate it next week along with the Eastern Orthodox and Apostolic churches.

Hello and good evening.

It that true?

I grew up in a majority Mormon town and I have no recollection of them celebrating Easter on a separate day from 'Western' Easter (the only Easter I was aware of at the time).

On the other hand, I was in a church that was so sola scriptura (anti-tradition) that we didn't celebrate Easter at all (Bible doesn't mention an annual commemoration of the Resurrection, just the weekly one on Sunday) so maybe I was just that clueless about when anybody was celebrating Easter.

Ariel Starling - New album

For it were better to suffer everything, rather than divide the Church of God. Even martyrdom for the sake of preventing division would not be less glorious than for refusing to worship idols. - St. Dionysius the Great
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 02:03:36 AM »

Hello and good evening.

It that true?

I grew up in a majority Mormon town and I have no recollection of them celebrating Easter on a separate day from 'Western' Easter (the only Easter I was aware of at the time).

On the other hand, I was in a church that was so sola scriptura (anti-tradition) that we didn't celebrate Easter at all (Bible doesn't mention an annual commemoration of the Resurrection, just the weekly one on Sunday) so maybe I was just that clueless about when anybody was celebrating Easter.

Now that I think of it, I'm not sure I've ever had a Mormon mention Easter to me.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: