OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 23, 2014, 03:08:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Specialties of the Holy Trinity  (Read 419 times) Average Rating: 0
Jetavan
Argumentum ad australopithecum
Taxiarches

Faith: Science to the Fourth Power
Jurisdiction: Ohayo Gozaimasu

Barlaam and Josaphat

« on: April 03, 2012, 08:05:39 PM »

A Catholic theologian wrote about the different "specialties" of the Persons of the Trinity:

Even though everything the Three Persons do outside the Divine nature is done by all Three, yet it is suitable that we attribute some works specially to one or the other Person. So we speak of the Father especially as the power of creation, of the Son as the wisdom of the Father, of the Holy Spirit as goodness and sanctification.

Wouldn't Orthodoxy say that the Son is the power of creation, the Person who directly created the cosmos?

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 12:36:08 PM »

Wouldn't Orthodoxy say that the Son is the power of creation, the Person who directly created the cosmos?
Thats what I thought.

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Schultz
Christian. Guitarist. Zymurgist. Librarian.
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Scion of the McKeesport Becks.

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »

A Catholic theologian wrote about the different "specialties" of the Persons of the Trinity:

Even though everything the Three Persons do outside the Divine nature is done by all Three, yet it is suitable that we attribute some works specially to one or the other Person. So we speak of the Father especially as the power of creation, of the Son as the wisdom of the Father, of the Holy Spirit as goodness and sanctification.

I've always believed that God the Father created the cosmos THROUGH the Son.  The Father is Creator, the Son is the Instrument and the Spirit is the Sustainer.

I could be wrong and would gladly accept correction.

"Hearing a nun's confession is like being stoned to death with popcorn." --Abp. Fulton Sheen
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 12:46:52 PM »

hmm i was hoping that this thread at least mentioned the bowstaff or nunchaku (i figured sai's or samurai sword was probably wishful thinking)...   Cry
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:47:49 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »

(i figured sai's or samurai sword was probably wishful thinking)...   Cry

The plural of sai is just sai--no s added on. There, someone else mentioned that weapon, happy?  Grin

PS. Yes I have owned and used a couple pairs. No, I was not quite as good as Raphael.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 01:00:59 PM »

The plural of sai is just sai--no s added on. There, someone else mentioned that weapon, happy?  Grin

PS. Yes I have owned and used a couple pairs. No, I was not quite as good as Raphael.

ouch!  Embarrassed serves me right for neglecting Raphael...I was always a Donatello fan Wink
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

Pokrov

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 01:48:39 PM »

ouch!  Embarrassed serves me right for neglecting Raphael...I was always a Donatello fan Wink

Egads, I thought they were talking about the holubki from Holy Trinity Church..... Roll Eyes awful pun......
J Michael
Older than dirt; dumber than a box of rocks; colossally ignorant; a little crazy ;-)
Merarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

Lord, have mercy! I live under a rock. Alleluia!

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

Egads, I thought they were talking about the holubki from Holy Trinity Church..... Roll Eyes awful pun......

ROTFL!!! laugh laugh laugh

(I don't know *why*, but that was hilarious!!!--thanks for the laugh!)

"May Thy Cross, O Lord, in which I seek refuge, be for me a bridge across the great river of fire.  May I pass along it to the habitation of life." ~St. Ephraim the Syrian

"Sometimes you're the windshield.  Sometimes you're the bug." ~ Mark Knopfler (?)
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: