OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 01:27:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ukrainian Orthodox Wedding  (Read 897 times) Average Rating: 0
pious1

Faith: Orthodox

« on: April 01, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

A youtube video with a clip of a Ukrainian Orthodox wedding here in the US from a few years ago. A mixture of English and Ukrainian. Let me know your thoughts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpFY2PlNe0Y&feature=youtu.be
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 06:09:28 PM »

Most likely the aftermath of the wedding. nice iconostasis, though.

What do you except?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
cossack 316

Faith: Ukrainian orthodox Church

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »

Hilarious, that was my wedding back in 2008. Thanks for the posting pious. FYI the wedding took place @ St. Andrews Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Kyivan Patriarchate in Bloomingdale, IL
Alpo
Taxiarches

Faith: Jerkodox

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:12:14 AM »

I've never been to or seen a video of Orthodox church with pews. Man, that looks weird.

LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 08:17:18 AM »

Hilarious, that was my wedding back in 2008. Thanks for the posting pious. FYI the wedding took place @ St. Andrews Ukrainian Orthodox Church, Kyivan Patriarchate in Bloomingdale, IL

Cossack, that, as you are well aware, is INCORRECT.  Fr. Bohdan never served under the KP.  During this time, the parish was still under the UOC of USA.

Pious, is there some particular aspect of this wedding you would like comment on?  What was it (other than the pews) that caught your interest?

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
pious1

Faith: Orthodox

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 09:22:42 AM »

I just thought it was a beautiful church and you dont often see wedding videos on youtube. Cossack, small world. By the way, your bride and wedding was beautiful.
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »

Nice video.  Does the church have air conditioning or not?  I am asking because I am surprised to see the bride and other women in the church in  such revealing dresses.  In my parish, that would not be allowed.  The brides and bridemaids usually have a short sleeved jacket or cape or such dresses for church and then remove the jackets or capes at the reception.
cossack 316

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:38 PM »

Orest,

Being that the wedding just so happens to be mine, I take offense as I dont consider my wife's wedding dress to be too revealing. And to Liza, the churh St. Andrews is now part of the UOCKP, you are right, when I was married it was still apart of the Ukrainian diocese of the Eccumenical Patriachate.
cossack 316

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 08:22:33 PM »

FYI thiis will be my last post on this forum as I like Heororij before have had it.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 08:42:17 PM »

LOL at that being considered a "revealing" dress. No, seriously, I LOLd. Would have loved for you to have been at my wedding... to see you looking away prudishly as my wife walked past  Cheesy  Grin

Also, unless something happened that I'm not aware of, Heorhij came back and everyone kissed and made up. Why he hasn't been on since November I don't know, but I don't see anything in his last posts to indicate that he had again become fed up.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:59 PM »

It really is a pretty church.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 11:14:45 PM »

FYI thiis will be my last post on this forum as I like Heororij before have had it.
I thought I remembered you so threatening before.

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Orest
High Elder

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2012, 12:39:57 PM »

Orest,

Being that the wedding just so happens to be mine, I take offense as I dont consider my wife's wedding dress to be too revealing. And to Liza, the churh St. Andrews is now part of the UOCKP, you are right, when I was married it was still apart of the Ukrainian diocese of the Eccumenical Patriachate.
Sorry if I offended you but in my church, women are required to cover their shoulders in church.  That is all I meant by "revealing".  Perhaps I chose the wrong word & have given offence.  perhaps I should have said "drresses which cover the shoulder or dresses with short sleeves.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »

Same here but marriage services are exception.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: