OrthodoxChristianity.net
December 21, 2014, 02:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Admits Defeat! "Microsoft is just too good"  (Read 691 times) Average Rating: 0
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« on: April 01, 2012, 01:23:04 AM »

Not really. April fools and all that. But any victory for the good guys, no matter how small, is still a good victory...

Mac user: Why I love Windows 8

I've been a Mac user for about 11 years. And since I made the switch, I never thought the day would come when I'd say this:

I'm excited for the next version of Windows...

Large Marge sent me...
Shiny
Site Supporter
Moderated
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »

Windows 8 sucks.

And that ain't foolin anybody.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
dcommini
Tha mi sgulan na Trianaid
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 04:12:03 AM »

Microsoft too good? I almost spewed my nonexistant drink all over my screen.
I've been saying for years that Windows should change their slogan "Windows: We're catching up to Linux!"

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 06:07:41 AM »

In a few days, the Google church will probably release a statement, condemning Apple for heresy.  Cheesy

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »

In a few days, the Google church will probably release a statement, condemning Apple for heresy.  Cheesy

I had a good laugh at that! Grin

On a side note, I have noticed that certain Google apps don't work properly on my android tablet. I don't know if this is an issue with my particular device or if Google for some reason can't make programs that work with their own OS... shades of Microsoft much?

Gun cuireadh do chupa thairis le slàinte agus sona - May your cup overflow with health and happiness
Check out my blog...
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Moderated
Hoplitarches

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2012, 02:14:28 PM »

I've been saying for years that Windows should change their slogan "Windows: We're catching up to Linux!"

I've never used Linux, nor have I seen it in the wild. Is it a unicorn?
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 03:41:24 PM »

Linux had its start as the GNU kernel, the GNU kernel is in fact a baby GNUnicorn, but Linus Torvalds decided to attach an operating system to the GNU kernel before it could reach maturity and ended up making what is possibly the most awesome OS in the world that nobody has heard of...

If you have ever used an Android device (smart phone, tablet etc) then you have used a very watered down version of Linux.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 03:42:39 PM by dcommini » Logged

Check out my blog...
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 03:49:32 PM »

I think most nerds and geeks have heard of it... if they haven't they should be whipped. I tried using it back in 1999/2000, but never stuck with it.

Large Marge sent me...
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »

Linux had its start as the GNU kernel, the GNU kernel is in fact a baby GNUnicorn, but Linus Torvalds decided to attach an operating system to the GNU kernel before it could reach maturity and ended up making what is possibly the most awesome OS in the world that nobody has heard of...

If you have ever used an Android device (smart phone, tablet etc) then you have used a very watered down version of Linux.

Actually all of the people in Mexico have heard of Linux.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Section Moderator
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 04:36:35 PM »

You do realize that Linux is not an OS in itself, but rather the foundation for a plethora of different OSes (e.g., Red Hat, Ubuntu, FreeBSD, etc.)?
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 09:30:37 PM »

Geeze, you make one little joke and everybody suddenly hates you.

Check out my blog...
scamandrius
Crusher of Secrets; House Lannister
Moderated
Taxiarches

Faith: Greek Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: I'm Greek and proud of it, damn it!

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 11:15:50 PM »

Dude, if you're going to try and make an April Fools joke, try not to be so obvious.

I seek the truth by which no man was ever harmed--Marcus Aurelius

Those who do not read  history are doomed to get their facts from Hollywood--Anonymous

What earthly joy remains untouched by grief?--St. John Damascene
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 11:17:28 PM »

Dude, if you're going to try and make an April Fools joke, try not to be so obvious.

I know Microsoft's dominance over Apple is an inevitability, but you'd be surprised how blind the Apple fanboys can be sometimes Smiley

EDIT--This, also, was a joke. Don't get your knickers in a bunch, Apple fanboys.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 11:21:33 PM by Asteriktos » Logged

Large Marge sent me...
Αριστοκλής
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »

Ubuntu rocks.

"Religion is a neurobiological illness and Orthodoxy is its cure." - Fr. John S. Romanides
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 08:05:42 AM »

Ubuntu rocks.

+1

Check out my blog...
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »

None of it matters. I believe in the next 10 years Apple will ditch high-end computing for the ipads, ipods, etc. and Microsoft will be on the decline because Google will stomp them both into dust.

NOTE: I'll also be playing games on a Google console.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
dcommini
OC.net guru

Beannachd Dia dhuit

dcommini
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 11:32:30 AM »

None of it matters. I believe in the next 10 years Apple will ditch high-end computing for the ipads, ipods, etc. and Microsoft will be on the decline because Google will stomp them both into dust.

NOTE: I'll also be playing games on a Google console.

PP

I can see Apple ditching high end computing, but unless Google steps up their game they will always be playing second fiddle. I believe there will always be a market for laptops and desktops so people will probably still use Microsoft for home computing/business needs.

Personally, I just can not see tablets replacing traditional computers until the technology is more stable and you can use actual programs instead of apps. I have a tablet, and it's fun to use, but it lacks something that can be found in computers: stability and a good OS that wasn't derived from a phone.

Check out my blog...
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: