OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 21, 2014, 02:13:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Western-rite and Anglicanism  (Read 788 times) Average Rating: 0
SubdeaconDavid
"...the spread of the light of Orthodoxy among the peoples of all the lands where our Church exists continues as an inseparable part of our mission": Metropolitan Hilarion, First Hierarch of ROCOR
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCOR)

Помилуй мя Боже, по велицей милости Твоей

« on: March 31, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »

Many have come to Orthodoxy, some to the Eastern-rite and a few to the Western-rite via Anglicanism.  Some have come from the increasingly dysfunctional Canterbury Communion, with women 'priests', gay clerics and many other appalling affronts to God.  Some have come from the traditionalist remnant who managed to scrape together 3 bishops in 1978, and consecrate new Continuing Episcopal/Anglican bishops.  This movement has fragmented, although the Anglican Catholic Church - Original Province, clearly has an interest in Orthodox union.  In 2010 a ROCOR priest was the keynote speaker at their international Synod, and in 2011 they added a Feast of the Russian New Martyrs to their Anglican calendar.  This augurs well for them. 

I am interested in finding about the Anglican journeys to WR Orthodoxy.  One group I am interested in, is a curiously interesting Philippine traditionalist Anglican mission to North America, the Anglican Rite Jurisdiction of the Americas.  They claimed a presence not only in the US but also in the United Kingdom, although sadly they merged/folded and no longer exist.  They even had an Archdeacon of Lambeth, in their UK mission fields.  If anyone knows the history of this ARJA archdeaconery which saw one incumbent Archdeacon go to Orthodoxy, please share it with us all here.

Visit my blog@  http://orthodoxtasmania.blogspot.com

To the Russians abroad it has been granted to shine in the whole world  the light of Orthodoxy, so that other peoples, seeing their good deeds, might glorify our Father in Heaven, and thus obtain salvation
S John of Shanghai & San Francisco
Doubting Thomas
High Elder

Anglican (but not Episcopagan)

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 09:45:29 AM »

I don't know about the jurisdiction you asked about, but I was confirmed in the ACC after exploring Eastern Orthodoxy for years.  I like how the ACC affirms the 7 Councils and the 7 sacrements and here lies a great affinity for Eastern Orthodoxy.  I think it would be great if the ACC (and other Continuum jurisdictions) could come into communion with the EOC. 

However, I am presently in an ACNA parish due to location--a lot closer to my house than the previous ACC parish which I attended.  I'm in a diocese that doesn't ordarin women to presbyterate but allows women to be ordained to diaconate (I have mixed feelings about that).  The problem is that there are some diocese within ACNA that DO ordain women to the priesthood which I don't agree with, so I don't know long term how stable this new jurisdiction is going to be.

"My Lord and My God!"--Doubting Thomas, AD 33
braish

Faith: Continuing Anglican- Orthodox Seeker
Jurisdiction: Province of Christ the King

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 10:54:05 PM »

Also, the Anglican Province of Christ the King and ACC have entered into inter-communion with one another. I too am praying that the leadership of all of us Continuing Anglicans will reunite with Orthodoxy.  I believe we could do alot to help grow Western Rite Orthodoxy and continue the process of bringing Americans to Orthodoxy.

Lord I pray for one Orthodox Church in the Americas.  In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.
kevlev
Site Supporter

Faith: Orthodox Catholic Christian (Catechumen)
Jurisdiction: American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Lord have mercy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 01:38:20 AM »

Also, the Anglican Province of Christ the King and ACC have entered into inter-communion with one another. I too am praying that the leadership of all of us Continuing Anglicans will reunite with Orthodoxy.  I believe we could do alot to help grow Western Rite Orthodoxy and continue the process of bringing Americans to Orthodoxy.

Lord I pray for one Orthodox Church in the Americas.  In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, Amen.

May God grant that they come back to the harbor that is Orthodoxy!

God bless you, braish, and welcome to the forum Smiley

From my youth have many passions warred against me, but do Thou Thyself defend and save me, O Saviour.
braish

Faith: Continuing Anglican- Orthodox Seeker
Jurisdiction: Province of Christ the King

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 04:50:20 PM »

May God grant that they come back to the harbor that is Orthodoxy!

God bless you, braish, and welcome to the forum Smiley

The Lord bless you as well and thank you for the welcome!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: