OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 22, 2014, 08:16:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: London School of Orthodox Christian Studies  (Read 656 times) Average Rating: 0
Father Peter
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: British Orthodox Church within the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate

« on: March 30, 2012, 05:12:18 AM »

I thought I'd provide an update on the status of the courses which I have been developing...

The London School of Orthodox Christians Studies launched in 2012 and is now providing three courses from a growing catalogue of materials. These first courses are Orthodox Christology, Church History and Orthodox Monasticism. Each course is provided by Distance Learning using a dedicated learning website. All of the texts, audio files and documents required for each course are provided by the School.

The courses are based on the Oriental Orthodox Christian tradition, but are presented in an ecumenical and eirenic manner, making them suitable for members of all Christian communities. As the studies are conducted using the internet the courses are also appropriate for students of all ages, Church backgrounds, and international locations. Indeed our students range in age from 18 to 63 years of age, are male and female, laity and clergy, and are living in Europe, North America, Asia, Africa and Australasia. The courses are also being used by some congregations for the organised education of laity and deacons.

The courses are currently being presented by Father Peter Farrington, of the British Orthodox diocese of the Coptic Orthodox Patriarchate. He has written extensively on the subject of Orthodox Christology, and is the Secretary of the Council of Oriental Orthodox Churches, the Co-Secretary of the Catholic-Oriental Orthodox Forum, and the Co-Secretary of the Anglican-Oriental Orthodox Forum.

If you have any questions about the courses we would be most glad of an opportunity to respond to them. The website is at www.lsocs.co.uk and contains further details, as well as registration and payment details. Each course costs £125 for UK students and £135 for International students.

We hope that you will consider registering as a student on one of these courses or that you will consider recommending them to others so that you and they will be enabled to participate in this educational opportunity

www.lsocs.co.uk

Some of the comments received from students have been encouraging. They include..

I just want to say that I'm mind blown by the reading material (and we're only on the introduction)!

I didn't realize how deep this subject was when I signed up.

I wish all the youth in the world had the opportunity to take this course.

Lord have mercy upon me a sinner
http://www.orthodoxmedway.org

My blog - http://anorthodoxpriest.blogspot.co.uk

The poster formerly known as peterfarrington
mabsoota
Archon

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:07:50 PM »

i have also heard good reports of these courses.
keep up the good work!
 Smiley
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: