Author Topic: Pray for Me  (Read 833 times)

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
Pray for Me
« on: March 29, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »
If you all wouldn't mind, could you keep me in your prayers?  I am having some problems right now and would appreciate any divine help I could get.  I don't really want to go into too much detail since I feel it is kind of a pathetic matter, but a few of you that I know in real life or talk to on the side probably have an idea.  I didn't want to post anything since there are people on here who are getting laid off or have sick parents/family, and deaths, etc.  My problems don't even begin to compare to all those.  All the same, St. John of Shanghai said that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.  I'm not really righteous, so I figure I should get all the help I can.

I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine.

Thank you all.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline LizaSymonenko

• Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Toumarches
    • St.Mary the Protectress Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.
Re: Pray for Me
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

May the Lord have mercy and quickly come to your aid, granting you that which is to your benefit!

Lord, have mercy!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria

Offline Opus118

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
Kyrie, Eleison!

Offline NicholasMyra

• Avowed denominationalist
  • Taxiarches
  • Nepsis or Sepsis™
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian+Greek
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »
Lord, have mercy!
Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

Πάντα μὲν καθαρὰ τοῖς καθαροῖς
Τοῖς δὲ μεμιασμένοις καὶ ἀπίστοις οὐδὲν καθαρόν

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »
Lord have mercy.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline peteprint

• High Elder
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »
Lord have mercy!

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »
Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
Das ist des Jägers Ehrenschild, daß er beschützt und hegt sein Wild, weidmännisch jagt, wie sich’s gehört, den Schöpfer im Geschöpfe ehrt.

Offline Cognomen

• Site Supporter
  • OC.net guru
  • Ungrateful Biped
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 12:21:19 AM »
Glory to God!
North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:14 AM »
"Lord have mercy."

Selam
""Love is a dangerous thing. It will crush you if you trust it. But without it you can never be whole. Love crucifies, but love saves. We will either be saved together with love, or damned alone without it."    Selam, +GMK+

Offline Phoenix73

• Elder
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »
Lord Have Mercy

Offline CoptoGeek

• of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »
Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Wonderful, the key is as you said "I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine".  In your asking us to pray for you, your statement helped me. Thank you.
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa

Online vamrat

• Vamratoraptor
  • Merarches
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »
Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Wonderful, the key is as you said "I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine".  In your asking us to pray for you, your statement helped me. Thank you.

That line came from my Grandma when we talked the night before.   ;)  All the same I am thankful to God for all He has done for me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:37:59 PM by vamrat »

Offline jckstraw72

• OC.net guru
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »
Lord have mercy!