OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 31, 2014, 12:06:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pray for Me  (Read 540 times) Average Rating: 0
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« on: March 29, 2012, 10:57:36 AM »

If you all wouldn't mind, could you keep me in your prayers?  I am having some problems right now and would appreciate any divine help I could get.  I don't really want to go into too much detail since I feel it is kind of a pathetic matter, but a few of you that I know in real life or talk to on the side probably have an idea.  I didn't want to post anything since there are people on here who are getting laid off or have sick parents/family, and deaths, etc.  My problems don't even begin to compare to all those.  All the same, St. John of Shanghai said that the prayers of a righteous man availeth much.  I'm not really righteous, so I figure I should get all the help I can.

I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine.

Thank you all.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:59:39 AM »

May the Lord have mercy and quickly come to your aid, granting you that which is to your benefit!

Lord, have mercy!!!

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »

Kyrie, Eleison!
NicholasMyra
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian/Greek

Avowed denominationalist

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:59 AM »

Lord, have mercy!

Quote from: Orthonorm
if Christ does and says x. And someone else does and says not x and you are ever in doubt, follow Christ.

"You are philosophical innovators. As for me, I follow the Fathers." -Every heresiarch ever
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 09:47:01 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
peteprint
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:57 PM »

Lord have mercy!
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 11:42:47 PM »

Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 12:21:19 AM »

Glory to God!

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Gebre Menfes Kidus
"SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
Merarches

Faith: Ethiopian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Tewahedo / Non-Chalcedonian

"Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 04:00:14 AM »

"Lord have mercy."

Selam

"If you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks at you along the way, you will never reach your goal." [Turkish Proverb]
Phoenix73
Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:59 AM »

Lord Have Mercy
CoptoGeek
of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Church

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:52:18 AM »

Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Wonderful, the key is as you said "I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine".  In your asking us to pray for you, your statement helped me. Thank you.

"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 05:37:20 PM »

Thank you all for praying for me.  I was overreacting to something that could have been resolved by having proper faith in God.  Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

Wonderful, the key is as you said "I pray that God be with me, and that His will be done, even if it differs from mine".  In your asking us to pray for you, your statement helped me. Thank you.

That line came from my Grandma when we talked the night before.   Wink  All the same I am thankful to God for all He has done for me.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 05:37:59 PM by vamrat » Logged
jckstraw72
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 08:48:07 AM »

Lord have mercy!
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: