OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 24, 2014, 07:04:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moved and no Church  (Read 332 times) Average Rating: 0
mtmamma

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« on: March 28, 2012, 08:13:20 PM »

Okay we have finally relocated, we arrived in Wichita this weekend. Now that I am somewhat settled I am panicking because the closest Coptic Church is 3hrs away. There are 4 Eastern Orthodox Churches here a tiny Greek one (they haven't returned my call yet) and three Antiochian (two are Eastern Rite and one is Western Rite). So should I just attend one of those?
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Warned
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox

fleem
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:37 PM »

Sad Sorry to hear you are having this trouble. I would talk to the closer churches. It's better to have some church than none at all.

Charlie Rose: "If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?"

Fran Lebowitz: "Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisified."

spcasuncoast.org
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:19:49 PM »

I'm not OO, but fwiw I've attended two Antiochian parishes here in PA that allow Oriental Orthodox to participate in Church life (sacraments, etc.) They weren't asked to reject anything about being OO, just to agree that they wouldn't come and go, and would be regular attenders/members. You might find a similar situation there...
mtmamma

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »

I am going to visit each church in turn. Hopefully I will be able to call one home as long as we are here.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:44:03 PM »

Okay we have finally relocated, we arrived in Wichita this weekend. Now that I am somewhat settled I am panicking because the closest Coptic Church is 3hrs away. There are 4 Eastern Orthodox Churches here a tiny Greek one (they haven't returned my call yet) and three Antiochian (two are Eastern Rite and one is Western Rite). So should I just attend one of those?

Welcome to Wichita! We are blessed with one of the best Orthodox communities around. We have 3 parishes, all under Antiochian jurisdiction. We have our cathedral (St. George, Fr. Paul), our sister parish St Mary (Fr. Aaron), and a Western-rite (The Greek one no longer exists). We have some Ethiopians and Copts who attend both. If you decide to visit St. George, PM me and I can come by and introduce myself Smiley Also, make sure to visit 8th day books, i think you will find it to be a blessing  angel
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:45:52 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
Tags: church is far away 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: