OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 28, 2014, 02:58:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pascha problems  (Read 308 times) Average Rating: 0
Priolo Gargallo

Faith: Greek Catholic
Jurisdiction: Heritage~ Italo Greek; attending OCA

« on: March 28, 2012, 09:59:57 PM »

Today, my parents told me that I most likely won't b able to attend services for the paschal vigil because of the time it's at; therefore, I'm asking for and am in desperate need of prayers! Also, any advice is greatly appreciated! Many years!

Most holy Theotokos, save us!
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »

Today, my parents told me that I most likely won't b able to attend services for the paschal vigil because of the time it's at; therefore, I'm asking for and am in desperate need of prayers! Also, any advice is greatly appreciated! Many years!
Lord have mercy!

What is there specific objection?

Any one at your parish who can take you?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Priolo Gargallo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »

Because I'm 'harping', which I do alot I guess. But they give me multiple answers, such as "ur obsesive" (I havnt gone to one presanctified), "it's too late", "don't ask us this early", and "it's a bad neighborhood" (I've been there at night b4, so I see a disconnect). I would ask someone, but I'm relatively new, not orthodox, and don't want to put them out.

FormerReformer
Convertodox of the convertodox
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: I'll take (e) for "all of the above"

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »

Lord have mercy!

What is there specific objection?

Any one at your parish who can take you?

Given his age (still in high school according to the introductory post) it might just be that they don't want him up that late for what they might see as a poor reason.

Because I'm 'harping', which I do alot I guess. But they give me multiple answers, such as "ur obsesive" (I havnt gone to one presanctified), "it's too late", "don't ask us this early", and "it's a bad neighborhood" (I've been there at night b4, so I see a disconnect).

You mentioned in a previous thread that you're currently under the Pope. Are your parents religious at all, did they raise you Catholic and if so is their Catholicism nominal or practicing (in the first case it might just be they don't see the point at all, if the latter they might not see the point of you going to a different Church than the one you were raised in), or did you come to being under the Pope on your own ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 10:36:01 PM by FormerReformer » Logged

"Funny," said Lancelot, "how the people who can't pray say that prayers are not answered, however much the people who can pray say they are."  TH White

Oh, no: I've succumbed to Hyperdoxy!
Priolo Gargallo

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 10:38:51 PM »

There is a factor that I wasn't raised in that church, I think. However, I know this is not a way to accomplish anything, but if they don't let me go, i will sneak out anyway, and NEVER go to their church with them again.

Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 11:54:04 PM »

Lord have mercy. You might want to start a parallel thread (ie. one that's not in the prayer forum) to ask for some input to this situation. But in any event as already noted you have my prayers.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: