OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 21, 2014, 03:19:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what cosmetic products are fetus-derived?  (Read 971 times) Average Rating: 0
erracht
Elder

OC.net

« on: October 18, 2004, 04:16:27 AM »

I read awhile back that certain cosmetic products use ingredients derived from aborted fetuses! Can anyone inform us all which exact products these are (I think they're German beauty creams but am not sure and wonder if something else can't be included in this list)?

NULL
Tallitot
Archon

Faith: Jewish
Jurisdiction: United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 05:14:02 AM »

None. It's purely an urban legend.

Proverbs 22:7
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 08:03:50 AM »

However, many cosmetic products do use ingredients derived from cows.  As such, there is a risk of BSE (bovine spungiform encepholpathy aka mad cow) being transmitted through cuts or areas in the facial area.

R

ania
Life according to Abe Simpson:
OC.net guru

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2004, 09:37:42 AM »

Man am I glad I rarely wear makeup.

Now where were we? Oh yeah - the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
PhosZoe
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

One foot in the cradle

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2004, 10:25:21 AM »

Urban legend. In addition, it is ILLEGAL to use any human tissue, blood etc. in items that are to be used as food or cosmetic purposes.  

However, many beauty products contain animal derived ingredients. Placenta and cholesteral are ingrediants that are used in ethnic hair products and moisterizers. These are often by-products of the veal industry.

In case you're curious.
http://godsdirectcontact.us/com/vegetarian/abc/vegetarianwatchout.htm

Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2004, 10:30:40 AM »

Wow, PhosZoe, that site just reeks of an agenda. Smiley

Quanyin Method:  Quanyin Method is a meditation method, contemplating on the inner Light & Sound, through which we come to know God, uncover our inner Wisdom and Love, enlightening our life and get eternal liberation.

LOL.

R
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: