OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 03:30:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do People Convert to Protestantism Because of Emotion?  (Read 4030 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox (but doubtful)
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church *of* America

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: March 26, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »

Something I've wondered a bit. I have never met too many former Roman Catholics or Eastern Orthodox Christians who have converted to Protestantism. In fact, I do not think I have ever met an Orthodox Christian who did other than a few of the people on here who left the faith. But, judging from the people who have converted to it from RC or EO, does it seem that the only reason they have converted is because of emotion? I have never met a single person who converted to Protestantism who can give me theological or intellectual reasons for their conversion, but when questioned about it, they just give answers from despair. Maybe they married a Protestant and wanted to make life easier for their kids, maybe someone close to them died so they begin to reject the structure of the Church and go to Protestantism because it is very simple and watered down, or they just feel like they've had it in life and begin to doubt everything they learned from the Church and try to seek God through Protestantism as an individualist influenced by their emotions. Some of the most common excuses I have heard from people who converted to Protestantism were 'Well, the Church history and doctrine is just so confusing, there is more to it...etc..and I just can't understand it...' or '...Well this [bad event] happened to me and reason or structure doesn't matter anymore...emotion matters...etc..existentialism' What do the folks here think? My theory is that Protestantism satisfies that desire for spiritual laziness inside of us; that desire to think that we can be reconciled to God with a single confession of faith and never have to let it transform us or lead a life of improvement. Whereas, Orthodoxy reminds us that living the Christian life is not just going to be some stroll in the park and focuses on spiritual development and maturity rather than oral confessions and emotionally satisfying sermons.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Punch
Taxiarches

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »

I have know some who have coverted to Protestantism from Orthodoxy.  Your ideas had nothing to do with it.  Most were so poorly taught their Orthodox Faith that they could see no difference in what Orthodoxy taught and what Lutheranism taught.  Others found a Church that lived what it taught rather than a culture club.  Thankfully the Orthodox Church that I first joined was predominately Protestant converts (including the priest), or I probably would not have converted.

I would be happy to agree with you, but then both of us would be wrong.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 05:08:54 PM »

I have know some who have coverted to Protestantism from Orthodoxy.  Your ideas had nothing to do with it.  Most were so poorly taught their Orthodox Faith that they could see no difference in what Orthodoxy taught and what Lutheranism taught.  Others found a Church that lived what it taught rather than a culture club.  Thankfully the Orthodox Church that I first joined was predominately Protestant converts (including the priest), or I probably would not have converted.

Interesting. I converted to Orthodoxy from Protestantism because of history. At the moment of discovering our Apostolic roots I knew that I would be converting no matter what was thrown at me. I had always been a history buff so I think that the history was more important to me than it is to most people.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »

Others found a Church that lived what it taught rather than a culture club.

There's a lot of truth to this, although those Protestant churches that live it out are becoming as rare as anything else these days.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »

people tend to convert for silly, stupid reasons. period. whatever way it goes. an orthodox able to spew out quotes from the Philokalia is at least as annoying if not more so than an evangelical and his bible.
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 06:26:23 PM »

Nobody acts, in any way, completely devoid of emotion, unless they are seriously mentally disturbed.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:18:39 PM »

people tend to convert for silly, stupid reasons. period. whatever way it goes. an orthodox able to spew out quotes from the Philokalia is at least as annoying if not more so than an evangelical and his bible.

very odd post...  Undecided
Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 07:46:54 PM »

There's a lot of truth to this, although those Protestant churches that live it out are becoming as rare as anything else these days.

It is indeed rare in ALL denominations.

Jason.Wike
OC.net guru

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 07:56:25 PM »

Have you ever actually met either?
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 08:08:26 PM »

Those that convert because of the GTKTO campaign are the silliest IMO  Roll Eyes
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »

Those that convert because of the GTKTO campaign are the silliest IMO  Roll Eyes

What is a GTKTO campaign?

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 08:39:43 PM »

Good think Orthodoxy is not a denomination considering that we are the original and only undistorted form of Christianity whereas the term 'denomination' implies variation or change from the original, and the original is Orthodoxy itself.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 08:40:08 PM »

What is a GTKTO campaign?
Get to know the original
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 08:42:07 PM »

I have met some people who convert from Catholicism to Protestantism over more than emotions. These are the people who ususally only know a little of their faith, such that when the Protestant asks, "Where in the Bible does is say...?" the potential convert has no proper response.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »

"Where in the Bible does is say...?" the potential convert has no proper response.
I heard the proper response actually given a few times  back home : "Go to your mother's &^%$ you and your Bible, the devil's "repenter" (the derisory name given to Baptist types  there, because of their insistence on repentance". Uttered by highly intoxicated Orthodox men.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Goodbye for now, my friend

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 09:22:18 PM »

I'm pretty sure most people are in the religious group they're in because of emotion, comfort, etc.  If going to a Protestant religion gives such people more comfort, then it's perfectly natural for them to go.

Paradosis ≠ Asteriktos ≠ Justin
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:46 PM »

I'm pretty sure most people are in the religious group they're in because of emotion, comfort, etc.  If going to a Protestant religion gives such people more comfort, then it's perfectly natural for them to go.
In the case of many, you are probably right. Though, beyond that, there may be genuine experience of God that keeps them there as well.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Taxiarches

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 09:44:23 PM »

"Where in the Bible does is say...?" the potential convert has no proper response.
I heard the proper response actually given a few times  back home : "Go to your mother's &^%$ you and your Bible, the devil's "repenter" (the derisory name given to Baptist types  there, because of their insistence on repentance". Uttered by highly intoxicated Orthodox men.

That's one good response...I'm going to start using that one.

That person
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

Long live Commie Superman

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 09:51:15 PM »

I've been to highly emotional Protestant events, and I've seen people go down to devote their lives to Christ in tears. So I think it's safe to say that emotion factors into some conversions, but people adopt all sorts of ideas for all sorts of reasons. It's a tad unfair to stereotype.

"Some have such command of their bowels, that they can break wind continuously at pleasure, so as to produce the effect of singing."- St. Augustine of Hippo

Movie reviews you can trust.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:42 PM »

Well my wife left the Roman Catholic church because she started asking questions and her priest told her she could stop with the questions or leave. Contrast that with the Inquirers class we go to now where the priest sits with a group of us for an hour and a half and says ask anything you want.

On the flip side of this discussion though.

All of the Protestant Churches, schools, camps and conferences I have attended encouraged people to live out their Christianity and promoted a pursuit of an ever deepening relationship with God. I didn't leave the Protestant church because it was overly emotional or lazy but rather because it was doctrinally incorrect and historically incomplete.

AS MANY OF YOU AS HAVE BEEN BAPTIZED INTO CHRIST HAVE PUT ON CHRIST, ALLELEUIA
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 10:28:27 PM »

Well if you really want to imitate old country methods of repelling foreign proselytizers, you have permission from several elders to beat JWs. Have fun!  Roll Eyes

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
William
Muted
Protokentarchos

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 10:29:16 PM »

I converted

I am converting

Fixed.

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 11:14:57 PM »

Good think Orthodoxy is not a denomination considering that we are the original and only undistorted form of Christianity whereas the term 'denomination' implies variation or change from the original, and the original is Orthodoxy itself.

All 'denomination' implies is that there are other groups claiming to be of the same religion.  That is all it means.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

Alveus Lacuna
Taxiarches

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 11:24:12 PM »

Uh-oh augustin717, a young Amerikan convertsky likes your anecdotes...are you going to cave-in on yourself now?
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Protospatharios

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2012, 12:46:35 AM »

I have know some who have coverted to Protestantism from Orthodoxy.  Your ideas had nothing to do with it.  Most were so poorly taught their Orthodox Faith that they could see no difference in what Orthodoxy taught and what Lutheranism taught.
This is kinda similar to a reason I heard once for why someone who grew up Orthodox ended up converting to Protestantism. The Orthodox churches she knew (in Communist Ukraine) did such a poor job teaching biblical Christianity that she joined a Protestant church because they actually taught the Bible.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2012, 01:30:22 AM »

I have know some who have coverted to Protestantism from Orthodoxy.  Your ideas had nothing to do with it.  Most were so poorly taught their Orthodox Faith that they could see no difference in what Orthodoxy taught and what Lutheranism taught.
This is kinda similar to a reason I heard once for why someone who grew up Orthodox ended up converting to Protestantism. The Orthodox churches she knew (in Communist Ukraine) did such a poor job teaching biblical Christianity that she joined a Protestant church because they actually taught the Bible.

such a thing is rampant in the old countries from what i've heard, so it's hard to blame them
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2012, 01:43:35 AM »

such a thing is rampant in the old countries from what i've heard, so it's hard to blame them
yeah, nobody there would get wth "biblical Christianity" means from my experience. I don't quite get it either, although I suspect it's some right wing Dobsonista sort of a thing Cheesy
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2012, 06:09:14 AM »

I have met a few converts from norminal Orthodoxy, both EO and OO, to Protestantism.
None of them really knew Orthodox theology, and their arguments in favour of Protestanism were not theological.

Usually, it was something like being warmly welcomed in Protestant communities, considering them to be "cool" and "western", enjoying the music, and having received help from members of the Protestant community they joined in difficult situations, such as loneliness, poverty and alcoholism.

Can we learn something from that experience?

Of course, we cannot present ourselves as "Western". But we can use our cultural difference in the West. For example, let's have delicious ethnic food regularly and invite non-orthodox friends and neighbours to the parish on such occasions.

As for modern music: I think, we should not in services, who should keep their heavenly and eternal character. But in youth meetings held in addition to services, it might be possible. The Coptic Church and, to a smaller degree, the MP do use modern music with Orthodox texts in youth meetings and seem to have to have some success with it.

The other two points are the most important: We must be welcoming and be ready to help people in difficulties. I just visited and EO monastery in Sweden who is doing just that. It is a wonderful place.
PeterTheAleut
The Right Blowhard Peter the Furtive of Yetts O'Muckhart
Protospatharios

Jurisdiction: OCA

Lord, have mercy on the Christians in Mosul!

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2012, 09:45:25 AM »

yeah, nobody there would get wth "biblical Christianity" means from my experience. I don't quite get it either, although I suspect it's some right wing Dobsonista sort of a thing Cheesy
Of course you would think that. However, anyone who reads his Bible daily can recognize easily that Orthodox Christianity is actually quite biblical.
FountainPen
Is not wasting any more of her ink
OC.net guru

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »

Wouldn't a lot of scripture be in the liturgy that's sung in church throughout the year?

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. Mark Twain
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 11:11:23 AM »

Wouldn't a lot of scripture be in the liturgy that's sung in church throughout the year?
Well FP, liturgy is saturated in scripture. I think in our liturgy (of St. Tikhon) there's something like 30+ references to scripture (most are direct quotes), but I think what Peter is refering to is being "grounded" in scripture. When I was in Russia doing the missionary thing, Orthodox that converted said that to them, it was all a show, and that they crossed themselves, venerated the icons, celebrated the eucharist, but it was "hollow". I think alot of the problem stems from doing things, and saying things, but not understanding WHY such things or done, or what it truly represents.

Me, who studied Orthodoxy in detail, albeit not a good job of it, prior to ever stepping foot in one, sees the scripture in the liturgy, and in the worship, and I know what is being referenced. However, growing up in the Church, one learns what to do and often times doesnt seek out why. its just like someone brought up in any church. There are things that are done that folks might not know truly, why. Ask a Lutheran who grew up in the Church and ask them, "why do you fold your hands during prayer", or ask a Baptist "why do you say In Jesus' Name" to end a prayer) and I would say 7 out of 10 could not tell you truly, why.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great

"Never, never, never let anyone tell you that, in order to be Orthodox, you must also be eastern." St. John Maximovitch, The Wonderworker
Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2012, 11:37:11 AM »

Virtually every word of the Liturgy comes from Scripture.  However, there is a difference between hearing the same chants week after week, and actually reading the Scriptures and studying them.  As PtA wrote, a study of the Bible will prove the scriptural basis of Orthodoxy.  However, it is the study part that I find lacking in the Orthodox Church.  As we see in the New Testament, the Ethiopian asked Phillip how one could understand the Scriptures if there was nobody to explain them.  Perhaps this would not be such a problem IF we had a full cycle of services every day with all of the verses of the canons and the like.  However, unless you are in a monastery, you probably attend services once a week.  Protestant, and I believe the RC Church (at least according to the Roman Missal that I use at home), have adapted to this by going to a three year lectionary.  Orthodox are still on a one year lectionary, meaning that if you attend all of the services NORMALLY available to a layman, you will never hear vast portions of the Scriptures in Church.  However, even the three year lectionary is not a substitute for Bible study and reading from the Fathers.

Azul
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Român Ortodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

Something I've wondered a bit. I have never met too many former Roman Catholics or Eastern Orthodox Christians who have converted to Protestantism. In fact, I do not think I have ever met an Orthodox Christian who did other than a few of the people on here who left the faith. But, judging from the people who have converted to it from RC or EO, does it seem that the only reason they have converted is because of emotion? I have never met a single person who converted to Protestantism who can give me theological or intellectual reasons for their conversion, but when questioned about it, they just give answers from despair. Maybe they married a Protestant and wanted to make life easier for their kids, maybe someone close to them died so they begin to reject the structure of the Church and go to Protestantism because it is very simple and watered down, or they just feel like they've had it in life and begin to doubt everything they learned from the Church and try to seek God through Protestantism as an individualist influenced by their emotions. Some of the most common excuses I have heard from people who converted to Protestantism were 'Well, the Church history and doctrine is just so confusing, there is more to it...etc..and I just can't understand it...' or '...Well this [bad event] happened to me and reason or structure doesn't matter anymore...emotion matters...etc..existentialism' What do the folks here think? My theory is that Protestantism satisfies that desire for spiritual laziness inside of us; that desire to think that we can be reconciled to God with a single confession of faith and never have to let it transform us or lead a life of improvement. Whereas, Orthodoxy reminds us that living the Christian life is not just going to be some stroll in the park and focuses on spiritual development and maturity rather than oral confessions and emotionally satisfying sermons.

There are plenty of those here in Romania.The main reasons are ignorance , vulnerability and profiteering.

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mahatma Gandhi
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2012, 12:12:21 PM »

No the main reason is the dying of a patriarchal, peasant pre-modern  world, where religion, pretty much like everything else was just a given, people didn't even gave much thought to.
Azul
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Român Ortodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »

No the main reason is the dying of a patriarchal, peasant pre-modern  world, where religion, pretty much like everything else was just a given, people didn't even gave much thought to.

What do you mean "religion was just a given' ?

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mahatma Gandhi
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 01:09:03 PM »

so are you saying that the logical conclusion of this is that people convert to protestantism??

(now that the patriarchal, pre-modern world is dying, and religion is no longer a "given", with people giving more thought to it?  Roll Eyes)
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »

I have know some who have coverted to Protestantism from Orthodoxy.  Your ideas had nothing to do with it.  Most were so poorly taught their Orthodox Faith that they could see no difference in what Orthodoxy taught and what Lutheranism taught.

you should attend a liturgy (or better yet, a cycle or weekly services) and see how much scripture is imbedded within it Wink
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:10:13 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

so are you saying that the logical conclusion of this is that people convert to protestantism??

(now that the patriarchal, pre-modern world is dying, and religion is no longer a "given", with people giving more thought to it?  Roll Eyes)

I think what he is saying is that people, when they have an option as to what religion to be, and are educated, stand a decent chance of changing it.  For instance, the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health and the General Social Surveys show a rise in atheism in line with a rise in intellect amongst adolescents and adults.  However, not long ago, I read a study that showed higher intelligence, in Asia, is correlated to higher rates of conversion to Christianity.

augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2012, 03:14:00 PM »

It' just one outcome. Other outcomes can be atheism, Buddhism, UFO you have it. But in the not so distant past religion wasn't as subject to personal choice as it is now and arguably, will be as time goes by.
neon_knights
High Elder

My political hero.

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2012, 03:59:13 PM »

Many people in the Slavic countries convert to evangelicalism because they find that Orthodoxy is mostly nominal there, and that most Orthodox (when in comparison to the first time they see Protestants, being "on fire" for God)do not really practice their faith. When they deeper examine Protestantism, they see Orthodoxy as legalistic in comparison.
Punch
Taxiarches

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2012, 10:34:51 PM »

Many people in the Slavic countries convert to evangelicalism because they find that Orthodoxy is mostly nominal there, and that most Orthodox (when in comparison to the first time they see Protestants, being "on fire" for God)do not really practice their faith. When they deeper examine Protestantism, they see Orthodoxy as legalistic in comparison.

There is that tendency. This is perhaps one of the things that causes me the greatest difficulty since my conversion.  My readings and studies caused me to believe that Orthodoxy was the Truth.  However, my 16 years in the Orthodox Church have caused me to reflect on the passage "you will know them by their fruits", and wonder why many Protestant Churchs live more like the Church of the book of Acts than the Orthodox Church.  Obviously, a good number of cradles have started to ask the same questions.

Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2012, 10:38:12 PM »

There is that tendency. This is perhaps one of the things that causes me the greatest difficulty since my conversion.  My readings and studies caused me to believe that Orthodoxy was the Truth.  However, my 16 years in the Orthodox Church have caused me to reflect on the passage "you will know them by their fruits", and wonder why many Protestant Churchs live more like the Church of the book of Acts than the Orthodox Church.  Obviously, a good number of cradles have started to ask the same questions.

it is an interesting phenomenon. what do you think are some of the reasons that we see this? Is it just cyclical thing? cause there are plenty of "nominal" evangelicals in the US...and there are plenty of people "on fire" for orthodoxy as well...
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2012, 10:40:12 PM »

I think things are getting better, as much as I routinely despair of all the same matters.

You dudes in America are way ahead of we Australians. I am not even aware of an English-language parish in Eastern Sydney, let alone one which exhibits all the outward signs of being on fire for the Lord.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:55 PM »

I think things are getting better, as much as I routinely despair of all the same matters.

You dudes in America are way ahead of we Australians. I am not even aware of an English-language parish in Eastern Sydney, let alone one which exhibits all the outward signs of being on fire for the Lord.

aha...well like they say u need a spark to start a fire ... Wink
augustin717
Taxiarches

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 12:26:41 AM »

let alone one which exhibits all the outward signs of being on fire for the Lord.
Which would those signs be?
Tags:
Pages: 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: