OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 04:32:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roman Catholics will Penetrate into Orthodox Christian Hubs in Serbia  (Read 1802 times) Average Rating: 0
elijahmaria
Taxiarches

Faith: Byzantine Catholic

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2012, 05:07:05 PM »

I say bring them on. 

Brought to us by yer typical peace lovin' Serb.

His response suggested nothing other than peaceful resistance, o' judgmental one.

Read on o'judgmental one...We've already covered this ground.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 05:08:20 PM by elijahmaria » Logged

podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2012, 05:12:00 PM »

I say bring them on. 

Brought to us by yer typical peace lovin' Serb.

His response suggested nothing other than peaceful resistance, o' judgmental one.

Read on o'judgmental one...We've already covered this ground.

Err, it is a good idea for one to read the entire thread before posting a hot response. This is a good example!  Wink
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2012, 09:26:28 PM »

Roman Catholics will Penetrate into Orthodox Christian Hubs in Serbia

Vatican view Serbian entry into European Union as an opportunity to spread Roman Catholic dominance into the country. They will use it to penetrate into Orthodox Christian hubs in Serbia and manipulate the situation in complete favor of Vatican imperial agenda.

http://theorthodoxchurch.info/blog/news/2012/03/roman-catholics-will-penetrate-into-orthodox-christian-hubs-in-serbia/

I'm pretty surprised by how much conversation has been generated by this -- and it's only Wednesday.

I don't think I've ever heard of theorthodoxchurch.info before.

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
Peter J
Formerly PJ
Taxiarches

Faith: Melkite

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2012, 09:28:20 PM »

I have always believed that if our Orthodox faith is strong enough and that we know the difference in the two great religions that no amount of penetration by the RCC can effect our Church.   Now, thats not to say that the RCC doesnt have the worlds greatest PR office which could effect even the most faithful Orthodox, it is important to know your faith and to keep to the truth.

JoeS

Nice that you said "PR" and not "propaganda".  Smiley

- Peter Jericho (a CAF poster)
JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice
Jurisdiction: OCA

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2012, 09:47:50 PM »

I have always believed that if our Orthodox faith is strong enough and that we know the difference in the two great religions that no amount of penetration by the RCC can effect our Church.   Now, thats not to say that the RCC doesnt have the worlds greatest PR office which could effect even the most faithful Orthodox, it is important to know your faith and to keep to the truth.

JoeS

We in Orthodoxy can only dream of such a means to get the word out.  I guess wealth and its wise use is a big factor....
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2012, 10:24:07 PM »

JoeS

We in Orthodoxy can only dream of such a means to get the word out.  I guess wealth and its wise use is a big factor....

Truth is its own power. I wouldn't pine over the material wealth of one church or another. The church of Russia has great wealth today, yet she survived on next to nothing during the brutal seizure of most things material. likewise the great Church of Constantinople survives to bear witness to the truth of the Faith in spite of the loss of the greatest of temples, the loss of millions upon millions of faithful and most of its once vast temporal riches, treasures and relics.
Zenovia
High Elder

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2012, 03:17:32 PM »

JoeS

I  believe that even though some faiths might not have the fullness of 'Truth' as the Orthodox do, after all  we do live in a sinful and limited world, but that each Christian faith has  its own  potential in trying to get others to achieve a unity with God...I say this because of the ability  the  Evangelicals have in reaching the downtrodden as well as the Roman Catholics with the 'structural' ability that enables them  to support  missionaries, hospitals, etc.  So best not to knock anyone for the 'cultural' gifts God has given to them.   

We should rejoice  when a person is capable of achieving the fullness of the Orthodox Church, but shouldn't condemn those  tending to the needs of others that might never achieve that fullness.  God has His own plans and purpose. angel 
podkarpatska
Warned
Merarches

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2012, 05:42:28 PM »

JoeS

I  believe that even though some faiths might not have the fullness of 'Truth' as the Orthodox do, after all  we do live in a sinful and limited world, but that each Christian faith has  its own  potential in trying to get others to achieve a unity with God...I say this because of the ability  the  Evangelicals have in reaching the downtrodden as well as the Roman Catholics with the 'structural' ability that enables them  to support  missionaries, hospitals, etc.  So best not to knock anyone for the 'cultural' gifts God has given to them.   

We should rejoice  when a person is capable of achieving the fullness of the Orthodox Church, but shouldn't condemn those  tending to the needs of others that might never achieve that fullness.  God has His own plans and purpose. angel 

Amen to that!
Tags: Serbian Orthodox Serbia 
Pages: « 1 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: