OrthodoxChristianity.net
November 28, 2014, 08:04:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is America Against Islam?
learn - 4 (100%)
think - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is America Against Islam?- Samad Aslam Khan  (Read 1035 times) Average Rating: 0
arabic

Faith: Islam
Jurisdiction: Quran

« on: March 23, 2012, 01:48:11 PM »

Various recent activities by the American Government have given an impression to many that America is doing a war against Islam. First it attacked Afghanistan, then Iraq, and then sent forces to Libya and is now thinking to attack Iran. From these actions most Muslims take America as some anti-Islam state who wants to demolish all Islamic States. Do you feel so? Facts are quite different but as we know, we interpret and we speak about the stories that other people, and the media, tell us.

First, it is never reasonable if you start blaming the entire nation or country for the wrong doings of a single person or group of persons. Yes you can say an entire nation is guilty if the entire nation gives its assent to that wrong act, and regards it as a good deed.  But most wrong acts are never supported by a majority of the people.  If a group of people is doing some anti-Islamic acts then it doesn’t mean that the American Nation or American Government is backing up or supporting such acts. Just recently, a man burnt the Holy Quran and all the Muslims started blaming America for that act, even though the American President apologized for the whole incident.

http://muslim-academy.com/is-america-against-islam/

Post edited for the quote lenght - MK.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 05:24:26 AM by Michał Kalina » Logged
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »

15 people read this with no one commenting, hum?
I guess im not as smart as you all.
so here i go.
As you stated i don think America is against Islam, although it can appear that way.
As you stated America is against hatred, terrorism, murderers.....

I agree.
It looks like they are against Islam because the majority of the terrorists who are most threatening today are Islamic, hence it can appear the America is going after Islam.

BTW: Islam needs to take care of its own extremists, at the very least reporting them to the proper authorities.
As recently happend with some wanna be terrorist who bought guns and explosives from undercover gov agents. it was reported in this case a few Islamic people who spoke with this person realised he is up to something and reported it to the FBI. If more of this happens then people will trust and understand that all of Islamic people are not terrorists but decent people.

Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 04:47:02 PM »

lol...i love the poll options  Roll Eyes
orthonorm
Warned
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 03:10:33 PM »

All I know is that in the heart of liberal of liberality in my city, they fought tooth and nail not to get a Mosque built there. Cops gotta be there every Friday.

The threats they get haven't ceased in years.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
GabrieltheCelt
Hillbilly Extraordinaire
Taxiarches

Faith: Eastern Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

Chasin' down a Hoodoo...

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2012, 04:32:18 PM »

I would say 'no', America isn't against Islam per se.  What people are against is extremism and violence regardless of who is behind it.  What I also hear is that a lot of people are upset with the peaceful American Muslims because they don't seem to speak out against the violence.  Whenever a radical, extremist Christian group does something, thousands of other Christians will speak out and condemn the words and actions of that group.  We rarely see this in any of the Islamic communities in America.  Why is that?  It seems to me that this thread should be renamed to say, "Do American Muslims tacitly approve of violence?"

"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »

Yes, i would like to see much more vocal opposition from American Muslims regarding attacks by Islamic extremist groups around the world.

My question to the OP:

Do you denounce the use of violence against others in the name of Islam?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:04:06 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
Shanghaiski
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Holy Trinity Church of Gergeti, Georgia

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2012, 05:12:24 PM »

America is not against Islam. It is for cheap oil and for Zionism.

Quote from: GabrieltheCelt
If you spend long enough on this forum, you'll come away with all sorts of weird, untrue ideas of Orthodox Christianity.
Quote from: orthonorm
I would suggest most persons in general avoid any question beginning with why.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2012, 07:45:02 PM »

I would say 'no', America isn't against Islam per se.  What people are against is extremism and violence regardless of who is behind it.

Not really.  A large, angry and well armed group such as the Tea Party enjoys popular support.  The dissenters on American support of Israel are limited to the fringe Left and Right.  Anytime there is a war in the US the population generally backs the administration.  So it is hard to ay that Americans have no stomach for violence or extremist groups. 

What I also hear is that a lot of people are upset with the peaceful American Muslims because they don't seem to speak out against the violence.  Whenever a radical, extremist Christian group does something, thousands of other Christians will speak out and condemn the words and actions of that group.  We rarely see this in any of the Islamic communities in America.  Why is that?  It seems to me that this thread should be renamed to say, "Do American Muslims tacitly approve of violence?"

Use google.  There are tons of writings from individuals to authority figures from across the US and Western Europe condemning Islamic extremism, terrorism, suppression of human rights and even paeans for democracy and peace. 

Let's turn this around and use your logic.  You GabrieltheCelt are just a filth column for the FSB in the United States.  How come the OCA didn't condemn the MP's praise of Putin and recent farce of elections?  The Orthodox Church has really nothing but praise for Lukashenko.  Clearly by being an Orthodox Christian you want to spread this extremism to the US.  That is why so many Russians are immigrating to the US.  Where are the condemnations of Putin and Lukashenko from Orthodox in the US?  Where are calls from Orthodox bishops in the US for Russia to give up its nuclear weapons?  So clearly the Orthodox Church in the USA is a just of fifth column of the Kremlin  Roll Eyes

If you think I'm exaggerating ask some older Slavic Orthodox in the US - they often were accused of being pro-Soviet during the Cold War.   
alanscott
Elder

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Wesleyan

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 03:37:08 PM »

I think your question is somewhat fair to ask. Perhaps it does become hard to distinguish between standing up against Islam, and standing up against Islamic countries that aid, protect, and harbor terrorists.

Peace & Grace
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:00:20 PM by alanscott » Logged

There are heathens that live with more virtue than I. The devil himself believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Neither of these things truly makes me Christian.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:41:06 PM »

just as i suspected, another drive-by poster (OP)...  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 03:41:39 PM by Ortho_cat » Logged
alanscott
Elder

Faith: Protestant
Jurisdiction: Wesleyan

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 04:14:15 PM »

Guessing that is when someone makes a controversial post, then does not comment on any replies, or answer any questions?

There are heathens that live with more virtue than I. The devil himself believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Neither of these things truly makes me Christian.
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

that is not the teaching of...

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 04:23:25 PM »

Guessing that is when someone makes a controversial post, then does not comment on any replies, or answer any questions?

Plus his last activity on the forum was 12 minutes after he made this thread. Though I suppose he could be lurking while signed out...

"I haven't done anything wrong, and I won't be hounded by you and your soulless minions of orthodoxy! I haven't broken any laws... except perhaps the laws of nature." - Dr. Elias Giger
xariskai
юродивый/yurodivy
OC.net guru

יהוה עזי ומגני

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 05:49:42 PM »

It is not Islam per se that non-Muslims become concerned about in the West, but forms of Islamic extremism and thinking such as we see in the youtube from the U. K. below.[1] 

If Muslims were able to effectively combat and reduce such extremism within their own culture in contemporary Western contexts Western Islamophobia would probably fade proportionately.

[1] http://youtu.be/0hKEd6rzbeg  -cf. 3:08-3:38:
"In Islam doesn't it say you have to respect the land you are living in?"
"No it doesn't."
"Mmm... I thought it did... What is the solution? If Muslim people are wrong, and they are committing crimes, no one is above the law?"
"If the law of the land is Islamic we will respect the law of the land."
"What if it is not Islamic?"
"If it is not Islamic then the law of the land and those who make it can go to hell because the Koran says in Surah 33:1 "...do not obey the disbelievers and the hypocrites..."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 06:00:47 PM by xariskai » Logged

Silly Stars
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 06:10:59 PM »

yup
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: