Author Topic: Retirement of Fr. Chris  (Read 1803 times)

Offline Anastasios

• Webdespota
  • Administrator
  • Merarches
  • Metropolitan Chrysostomos of Florina
    • AnastasiosHudson.com
  • Faith: Orthodox Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Greek Old Calendarist
Retirement of Fr. Chris
« on: March 16, 2012, 11:31:24 PM »
Dear Forum Community,

It is with great regret that I announce the retirement of Fr. Chris from his position as Administrator of the Forum.

Fr. Chris oversaw the transition of OCnet from the personal project of three friends (Robert, Mor Ephrem, and myself) to the world's largest Orthodox website. As my duties increased elsewhere, he took over the managing of the moderatorial staff here, freeing me to focus on the backend (database, design, etc), and consequently a major improvement and stabilization of the user experience here.

I really don't know what else to say, other than I will miss your collaboration so much, Fr. Chris.

I also wish to thank Fr. George, who will take over from Fr. Chris immediately. Fr. Chris will retain his administrative permissions for one more week to tie up any loose ends, and then he will revert to the status of forum member. I hope that he will continue to post here in the years to come.

Let's keep both Fathers in our prayers as the transition unfolds.

In Christ,
Fr. Anastasios

Please Buy My Book!

Past posts reflect stages of my life before my baptism and may not be accurate expositions of Orthodox teaching. Also, I served as an Orthodox priest from 2008-2013, before resigning.

Offline ialmisry

• There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
  • Hypatos
Re: Retirement of Fr. Chris
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 01:52:19 AM »
Dear Forum Community,

It is with great regret that I announce the retirement of Fr. Chris from his position as Administrator of the Forum.

Fr. Chris oversaw the transition of OCnet from the personal project of three friends (Robert, Mor Ephrem, and myself) to the world's largest Orthodox website. As my duties increased elsewhere, he took over the managing of the moderatorial staff here, freeing me to focus on the backend (database, design, etc), and consequently a major improvement and stabilization of the user experience here.

I really don't know what else to say, other than I will miss your collaboration so much, Fr. Chris.

I also wish to thank Fr. George, who will take over from Fr. Chris immediately. Fr. Chris will retain his administrative permissions for one more week to tie up any loose ends, and then he will revert to the status of forum member. I hope that he will continue to post here in the years to come.

Let's keep both Fathers in our prayers as the transition unfolds.

In Christ,
Fr. Anastasios

many years!
Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth

Offline mike

• The Jerk
  • Stratopedarches
  • Scarecrow is watching you
  • Faith: Christian
  • Jurisdiction: Makurian Orthodox
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:30:51 AM »
The King is dead, long live the King!

Offline Gebre Menfes Kidus

• "SERVANT of The HOLY SPIRIT"
  • Merarches
  • "Lord Have Mercy on Me a Sinner!"
    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=1456515775
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 05:25:00 AM »
Thanks to Father Chris for the wonderful work he has done with this forum. I hope we will still benenfit from his presence as a poster. I always appreciate his wisdom and insights, not to mention the gracious manner in which he conducts himself. All the best to him in his future endeavors.

Selam
"There are two great tragedies: one is to live a life ruled by the passions, and the other is to live a passionless life."
Selam, +GMK+

Offline Justin Kissel

• •|•|•
  • Protospatharios
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 06:39:37 AM »
Sorry to hear this, but all the best to Fr. Chris, and good luck to Fr. George!
"My doubt in Christ is not like that of a child; it was forged in a furnace of faith." - Dostoevsky

Offline genesisone

• Archon
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antioch
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Retirement can be a good thing. Best wishes to Fr Chris, who, I'm sure is not retiring from everything in his life.

Offline Ortho_cat

• Protokentarchos
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »
Many years!

Offline Maximum Bob

• Archon
  • Personal Text? We can have personal text?
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: Antiochian
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 12:18:48 PM »
Many years and many thanks to Fr. Chris, this board you all have put together is definitely a large part of what has brought me to the Church.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.

Offline Basil 320

• Site Supporter
  • Archon
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 12:28:41 PM »
Congratulations to both Fr. Chris and Fr. George and thank you for your service enabling this fine forum.  May God bless you always.
"...Strengthen the Orthodox Community..."

Offline minasoliman

• Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
  • Section Moderator
  • Toumarches
  • Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 03:11:29 PM »
Many Years!  I hope Fr. Chris continues to give us the benefit and blessings of his posts.  Congratulations to Fr. George!
Vain existence can never exist, for "unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain." (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.

Offline elijahmaria

• Taxiarches
    • Irenikin: The Skete
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »
Many Years!  I hope Fr. Chris continues to give us the benefit and blessings of his posts.  Congratulations to Fr. George!

Amen to this!

Mary

Offline biro

• Excelsior
  • Site Supporter
  • Hoplitarches
  • Leave me alone, I was only singing
    • Alaska Volcanoes
  • Faith: Orthodox
  • Jurisdiction: GOAA
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 08:49:04 PM »
Thank you, Fr. Chris, for making the board work. Many years.  :angel:
He will come again with glory to judge the living and the dead. His kingdom will have no end.

--

And if I seem a little strange, well, that's because I am

Offline GabrieltheCelt

• Taxiarches
  • Faith: Eastern Orthodox OCA
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 09:06:19 PM »
Fr. Chris,

Bless Father!

I hope that you'll find time to stick around still.  I sure do appreciate all you've done for us (plus all those helpful PM's we've had!!!!).  May the Lord God bless all your future endeavors! 

Gabriel
"The Scots-Irish; Brewed in Scotland, bottled in Ireland, uncorked in America."  ~Scots-Irish saying

Offline FrChris

• The Rodney Dangerfield of OC.net
  • Site Supporter
  • Taxiarches
  • Holy Father Patrick, thank you for your help!
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »
Thanks to all of you for these warm sentiments.

I do want to thank Fr. Anastasios for his help, support, and comradeship over these years!

And I also want to thank Fr George for agreeing to take over for me!

It has been a long and sometimes tumultuous time at OC.net, but it is now time for me to move on to other things.

I wish each and every one of you well, and pray that we all work out our salvations "...with fear and trembling" ...together!
"As the sparrow flees from a hawk, so the man seeking humility flees from an argument". St John Climacus

Offline Cantor Krishnich

• High Elder
  • Mar Ahmed the Daftadar
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2012, 10:26:54 PM »
God grant him Many Years!  :)
Most Holy Theotokos, Save Us!
Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, Have Mercy Upon Me a Sinner!

Offline serb1389

• Lord, remember me when you come into your Kingdom!
  • Global Moderator
  • Merarches
  • Michał Kalina's biggest fan
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 02:58:50 PM »
Thanks to all of you for these warm sentiments.

I do want to thank Fr. Anastasios for his help, support, and comradeship over these years!

And I also want to thank Fr George for agreeing to take over for me!

It has been a long and sometimes tumultuous time at OC.net, but it is now time for me to move on to other things.

I wish each and every one of you well, and pray that we all work out our salvations "...with fear and trembling" ...together!

4 more years!  (j/k)

Thank you Father Chris for the mentor-ship & all the hard work!  Good luck with everything. 
I got nothing.
I forgot the maps
March 27th and May 30th 2010 were my Ordination dates, please forgive everything before that

Offline CoptoGeek

• of Alexandria, the Christ-loving City
  • OC.net guru
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2012, 03:05:45 PM »
Many years, Fr. Chris!
"Be oppressed, rather than the oppressor. Be gentle, rather than zealous. Lay hold of goodness, rather than justice." -St. Isaac of Nineveh

“I returned to the Coptic Orthodox Church with affection, finding in her our tormented and broken history“. -Salama Moussa