OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 22, 2014, 11:55:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's Your Chance  (Read 3514 times) Average Rating: 0
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2012, 01:52:40 PM »

I went to my First Orthodox service today. Everyone there was very nice and made me feel very welcomed there Grin. I must really say with what little bit of Church I been to before I had no clue to what was going on to much. I haven't stood that long since my old Marine Corps days  Tongue I think I will have to get new dress shoes besides my hard wing tip flat ones. I think I might have found my Church home if G-d so leads me into Orthodoxy.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:53:42 PM by jewish voice » Logged
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »

I went to my First Orthodox service today. Everyone there was very nice and made me feel very welcomed there Grin. I must really say with what little bit of Church I been to before I had no clue to what was going on to much. I haven't stood that long since my old Marine Corps days  Tongue I think I will have to get new dress shoes besides my hard wing tip flat ones. I think I might have found my Church home if G-d so leads me into Orthodoxy.

Good to hear! Glad you had a positive impression.  Grin

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2012, 02:12:14 PM »

May God continue to bless you on your journey! angel
mark thomas

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: antioch

« Reply #93 on: April 01, 2012, 02:22:57 PM »

I know it's only the beginning, but Glory to God! I hope you find the answers you seek and join us some day!

"Who touches, is also touched"
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »

Glory to God. Leave up your hyphen to Him.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2012, 03:54:09 PM »

praise the Lord!
also buy new, more casual wide-fitting shoes...
 Wink
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2012, 10:52:55 AM »

haven't stood that long since my old Marine Corps days  Tongue I think I will have to get new dress shoes besides my hard wing tip flat ones.

Here's a tip: Dr. Scholl's inserts and arch supports!

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2012, 11:04:20 AM »

I went to my First Orthodox service today. Everyone there was very nice and made me feel very welcomed there . I must really say with what little bit of Church I been to before I had no clue to what was going on to much. I haven't stood that long since my old Marine Corps days   I think I will have to get new dress shoes besides my hard wing tip flat ones
Dr. Scholl's helps mate Smiley

I think I might have found my Church home if G-d so leads me into Orthodoxy
Praise God. I hope you find what you're looking for.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
Charles Martel
Traditional Roman Catholic
Moderated
Archon

Faith: Roman Catholic
Jurisdiction: New york

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2012, 11:23:21 AM »

Hey JV,

Maybe you can help us get to know you a little better by humoring me with this question; I believe you when you tell us you're Jewish.  What I find a little different is that you're using Islamic art as your avatar.  You see, Muslims aren't allowed to draw or paint pictures of animals or humans.  Something about only God can create life, so we shouldn't even try.  I don't know, I think Muhammad may have misunderstood art.  But anyway, I think your avatar, although in the shape of a tiger is actually an ayat (verse) from the Qur'an.  I understand this question is off topic so you can PM me if you want to.
My avatar and sig come from Ismailism philosophy. As most people know them  as Assassins( Hashasheen) during the crusades. I like crusade history but not the normal way as Christians would I guess. There were also Jews in this group of Assassins as well fighting with the Ismailism sect of Muslims and they helped bring Jerusalem back from  out of the hands of the Christians.  

I see.  Well, thanks for the explanation.  As I thought it would, your explanation has created further questions; the one I'll focus on seems to challenge your question to us here and that is this: Your avatar and signature seem to be rather polemic and a veiled threat to Christians (seeing how Ismaili's helped overthrow Christianity in Jerusalem).  That seems to be your one and only affection for them. How then can we possibly take you serious when asking for an explanation that Jesus is Lord?  If I am wrong, I apologize to you.  But certainly the thought must have crossed your mind that we might be a little distrusting?  Plus, you've been given some evidence already and it seems you've yet to address it.
Being that this is the internet I can see why you might question someone on if they were serious but I did ask the question. I haven't posted back on some of the readings yet cause I'm still trying to to think them over and  some where just posted today so I have yet to read them. I also wanted to add that If I were to convert over to Christian it would be Orthodox cause Rome was pretty bad to us Jews with there back door deals
ps lots of fixes on this due to my key's acting up and sticking
Really? Just what "back door deals" might that be?

If anything, the Latin Church has more than once put her butt on the line in defense of the so-called "chosen".

Besides, it's not like Jews haven't ever made their own "back door deals" against Rome themselves not too mention the Eastern church as well. You even acknowledged in an earlier post about Jews commiserating with the Saracens against the Crusaders in their eventual expulsion out of Jerusalem. Jews have a history of siding with Islam against the Church and the West including Moorish Spain and the fall of Constantinople. So let's not be hypocritical here, Jews have made their share of covert deals with the enemy behind close doors as well.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: