OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 26, 2014, 09:12:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here's Your Chance  (Read 3550 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 08:48:55 PM »

You are possibly converting? That is amazing, good luck with your spiritual journey. Also, I would suggest going with the OCA parish. I know that many people talk badly about it, but the truth of the matter is that there is nothing wrong with it really. I know because I attend one. I would stay away from the Greek Church if I were you, because these ones can be really ethnic and more of a social thing than an actual religious experience.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

Faith: greek orthodox
Jurisdiction: christian

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »

"I would stay away from the Greek Church if I were you, because these ones can be really ethnic and more of a social thing than an actual religious experience."

WOW!

talk abt steriotyping an entire ethnic groop Undecided
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 09:16:08 PM by Nikolaostheservant » Logged
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »

A member of that Greek parish actually joined this forum having noticed the pings to that website, and personally extended a warm welcome and invite to his church.

I would go with this church. If a parishioner took the trouble to track down the IP address and actually reach out, that parish is definitely not being "ethnic", but is being Christ-like.

I would give them a try.  Their services are also in English.

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
Adela
High Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2012, 08:01:33 AM »

There's a site called:

http://www.theholyeucharist.com/

This site is Dr. Brant Pitre's site and there is a free 72 minute video to watch explaining the ancient Jewish roots of Christian views on the Eucharist. Again, this is a Roman Catholic scholar, but I am posting it because Dr. Pitre has sound credentials with his speciality in ancient Judaism.  This talk focuses alot on acient Jewish beliefs of the Messiah and draws on the prophets of the Old Testament.

Again, others have suggested attending an Orthodox Divine Liturgy, you definately need to do that!  Smiley   
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

Inserting personal quote here.

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »

There's a site called:

http://www.theholyeucharist.com/

This site is Dr. Brant Pitre's site and there is a free 72 minute video to watch explaining the ancient Jewish roots of Christian views on the Eucharist. Again, this is a Roman Catholic scholar, but I am posting it because Dr. Pitre has sound credentials with his speciality in ancient Judaism.  This talk focuses alot on acient Jewish beliefs of the Messiah and draws on the prophets of the Old Testament.

Again, others have suggested attending an Orthodox Divine Liturgy, you definately need to do that!  Smiley   
We went over that in Catechesis on Sunday. I had no idea it went back that far. Super interesting.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
katherineofdixie
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2012, 11:48:48 AM »

"I would stay away from the Greek Church if I were you, because these ones can be really ethnic and more of a social thing than an actual religious experience."

WOW!

I know the Greeks get a bad rap for this, and I'm not dissing other folks' experience, but my experience has been exactly opposite. The first Divine Liturgy I attended was at a GOA mission parish, most of the service was in English and we were welcomed warmly, invited to coffee hour and Sunday school, midweek Bible study. Several people stayed for a long time afterward to answer our questions.

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Azul
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Român Ortodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2012, 01:44:41 PM »

see these :

http://biblebasicsonline.com/english/Study07OriginofJesus/0701OTPropheciesOfJesus.html

http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_bible6.php

http://www.bibleprobe.com/365messianicprophecies.htm

http://brittgillette.com/WordPress/?page_id=21

« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:45:00 PM by Azul » Logged

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mahatma Gandhi
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

Faith: Anglican
Jurisdiction: Episcopal Diocese of Arizona

I am Bibleman; putting 'the' back in the Ukraine

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2012, 02:12:31 PM »

WOW!

I know the Greeks get a bad rap for this, and I'm not dissing other folks' experience, but my experience has been exactly opposite. The first Divine Liturgy I attended was at a GOA mission parish, most of the service was in English and we were welcomed warmly, invited to coffee hour and Sunday school, midweek Bible study. Several people stayed for a long time afterward to answer our questions.

That is the exact description of my parish.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

The greatest tragedy in the world is when a cigarette ends.

American Spirits - the eco-friendly cigarette.

Preston Robert Kinney (September 8th, 1997-August 14, 2011
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2012, 02:28:59 PM »

In all honesty i find then too friendly.
I'm kind a Private person, but you cant be like that if you visit or join a new Greek parish.
They tend to ask all sorts of questions pull you around to show you things, invite you to there homes for coffee.
too much for me (i like being in the background unnoticed)but this is great for a convert or someone inquiring abt Orthodoxy.
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2012, 03:38:25 PM »

I'm kind a Private person, but you cant be like that if you visit or join a new Greek parish.
They tend to ask all sorts of questions pull you around to show you things, invite you to there homes for coffee.
too much for me (i like being in the background unnoticed)but this is great for a convert or someone inquiring abt Orthodoxy.

But seriously folks, how in the name of all that's holy are people who have just met you going to know what your personal preferences for social interaction are?
People don't welcome visitors or talk to them - visitors complain.
People are friendly to visitors - visitors complain

Pick one, people! Wink
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 03:38:55 PM by katherineofdixie » Logged

"If but ten of us lead a holy life, we shall kindle a fire which shall light up the entire city."

St. John Chrysostom
Nikolaostheservant
High Elder

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »

Whats your problem?
primuspilus
Taxiarches

Jurisdiction: Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese of North America - Western Rite Orthodox

« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:39 PM »

But seriously folks, how in the name of all that's holy are people who have just met you going to know what your personal preferences for social interaction are?

Pick one, people! Wink
Sounds like my wife actually. Her solution, be friendly and brief.

PP

"I confidently affirm that whoever calls himself Universal Bishop is the precursor of Antichrist"
Gregory the Great
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »

I just wanted to give a quick up date I have emailed the Father at St Matthew's and were working on setting up a time up to meet.
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »

Pick one, people! Wink

This makes me not want to visit your parish a whole lot.

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2012, 11:07:10 PM »

I just wanted to give a quick up date I have emailed the Father at St Matthew's and were working on setting up a time up to meet.

That is good news. You may also want to look here as well.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:12:50 PM by Tzimis » Logged

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Faith: Groucho Marxist
Jurisdiction: Dahntahn Stoop Haus

Paint It Red

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »

WOW!

It's true.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2012, 11:15:26 PM »

I wish I had a good Greek experience like the ones mentioned. At my parish I noticed that the Greeks are just always happy and seem to not really take spirituality seriously while the Russians are always a bit 'goomier' if you will, focusing in humility and self improvement. There is a Greek Church very close to my family's new apartment we're moving to and I wasn't going to give it a try because I wanted to go to the Russian one which is a bit farther, but I guess I'll give the Greek one a shot. I just cannot get over the lack of piety I have observed among Greek worship, no offense. They are just always happy, celebrating, seeming too confident in their salvation. It worries me. I'm spiritually sick and need help, I do not think that celebration will help me. I need treatment, humbleness and emphasis on improvement and humility, which is why I am more leaned toward the Russian Churches.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 11:17:16 PM by JamesR » Logged

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
William
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: None

« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2012, 11:16:34 PM »

I would stay away from the Greek Church if I were you, because these ones can be really ethnic and more of a social thing than an actual religious experience.

A bit heavy handed coming from someone who has never even set foot in a Greek parish, don't ya think?

Apart from moral conduct, all that man thinks himself able to do in order to become acceptable to God is mere superstition and religious folly. - Immanuel Kant

Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. - Matt. 5:24
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »

I would stay away from the Greek Church if I were you, because these ones can be really ethnic and more of a social thing than an actual religious experience.

A bit heavy handed coming from someone who has never even set foot in a Greek parish, don't ya think?

Everything I say should be taken with a grain of salt, but I am just stating what I have observed from the Greek members of my congregation and the videos I have seen of Greek worship services.

Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2012, 11:26:55 PM »

As I was telling another member via PM, I had a bad experience with the Greeks. I totally understand how I was treated and have nothing against them. I love their bishops and priests though.

“There is your brother, naked, crying, and you stand there confused over the choice of an attractive floor covering.”

– St. Ambrose of Milan
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »

Greek old ladies are pretty nice. They treat you like a grandson, literally. They'll offer to give you rides, invite you to their house, give you food. Yet, at the same time, they'll expect you to get them coffee, be the first ones to tell you to tuck your shirt in and scold you for bad manners. It makes me feel like they are accepting me as a part of their family.

mark thomas

Faith: orthodox
Jurisdiction: antioch

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2012, 09:08:51 AM »

Awesome! Dialoguing with a Priest is the BEST way to learn about Orthodoxy. And, you are very lucky to be in an area with so many different Orthodox churches. If, for whatever reason, you do not relate well with one Priest or parish, you can check out the others. I hope the meeting goes well for you!

"Who touches, is also touched"
Shiny
Site Supporter
Muted
Toumarches

Paint It Red

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2012, 09:26:47 AM »

Awesome! Dialoguing with a Priest is the BEST way to learn about Orthodoxy.

Yes. I just want to reiterate that message boards are the worst to learn about it.

– St. Ambrose of Milan
katherineofdixie
Archon

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2012, 09:40:31 AM »

Pick one, people! Wink

This makes me not want to visit your parish a whole lot.

That would be your loss. Of course, I'm pretty biased.

St. John Chrysostom
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: refuse

Mzack.

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »

Awesome! Dialoguing with a Priest is the BEST way to learn about Orthodoxy.

Yes. I just want to reiterate that message boards are the worst to learn about it.

Cheesy  Unless the priest in question is a jerk and has no clue what he's talking about...   ahh, but I forgot, on this forum we pretend like all priests are gracious and knowledgable, and so we can blindly say "ask your priest!" any time an issue comes up  police
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2012, 11:16:28 AM »

James, have you considered the Pharisees?  They certainly seemed to be quite pious, but Christ says that if you are only as righteous as one, you're damned.  I just recently finished reading the book Light in the Darkness, which is a compilation of writings by Sergei Fudel.  Fudel lived over half of his life in Soviet prisons, because of his faith.  However, throughout the book, he is scathing in regard to the false piety of many, many Russians he knew - both before and after the Communists took over Russia.  He repeatedly has passages condemning an outward piety that is without an inward piety.  He writes that he would rather throw out the icons and prostrations and other such things, if people would just be inwardly pious.  He writes about how so many Russians practice the things you "have to do" simply because they feel that they have to and if they do, they will go to Heaven.  He even writes about priests who had no faith, at all, in God, who were atheists, yet prided themselves on being able to perform the services of the Church perfectly, according entirely to the rubrics.

Outward signs mean NOTHING without a true, inward piety.  If you are not truly repentant, you are damned whether or not you appear to be spiritual, whether or not you appear to be faithful, whether or not you follow the rules and regulations of the Typicon, to the tee.  So, if you don't have true faith, true unadulterated Orthodox faith, free of superstition, what does it matter if you follow the rubrics?  You may as well not even come to Church, you may as well eat five pounds of beef every day of Lent, you may as well spit on your priests and bishops, because you have no life in you.

Do not worry so much about outward appearances, worry far more about the state of your soul.

I know a secret about a former Supreme Court Justice.  Can you guess what it is?

Tzimis
Site Supporter
Archon

Faith: Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2012, 12:26:12 PM »

James, have you considered the Pharisees?  They certainly seemed to be quite pious, but Christ says that if you are only as righteous as one, you're damned.  I just recently finished reading the book Light in the Darkness, which is a compilation of writings by Sergei Fudel.  Fudel lived over half of his life in Soviet prisons, because of his faith.  However, throughout the book, he is scathing in regard to the false piety of many, many Russians he knew - both before and after the Communists took over Russia.  He repeatedly has passages condemning an outward piety that is without an inward piety.  He writes that he would rather throw out the icons and prostrations and other such things, if people would just be inwardly pious.  He writes about how so many Russians practice the things you "have to do" simply because they feel that they have to and if they do, they will go to Heaven.  He even writes about priests who had no faith, at all, in God, who were atheists, yet prided themselves on being able to perform the services of the Church perfectly, according entirely to the rubrics.

Outward signs mean NOTHING without a true, inward piety.  If you are not truly repentant, you are damned whether or not you appear to be spiritual, whether or not you appear to be faithful, whether or not you follow the rules and regulations of the Typicon, to the tee.  So, if you don't have true faith, true unadulterated Orthodox faith, free of superstition, what does it matter if you follow the rubrics?  You may as well not even come to Church, you may as well eat five pounds of beef every day of Lent, you may as well spit on your priests and bishops, because you have no life in you.

Do not worry so much about outward appearances, worry far more about the state of your soul.

Not true. Even if a priest or layperson has absolutely no faith at all and does things as required. The simple fact that they are there and acting as Christians can actually benefit someone else greatly. When one enters church in a spiritual state of mind. There focus shouldn't be on the other people. It should be on themselves and as long as the people and environment around them look and behave normally. It has absolutely no baring on one's own salvation. It's the system as a whole that saves.
   Hospitals operate the same manor. Your run through a bunch of tests including MRI, cat-scan, x-rays and the system give you the prognosis. It could be any of the steps that actually saves. It's the system as a whole that covers all the bases through a cooperative method.
   Stretched out through a life time you will encounter every step that is needed for salvation. It is always up to the person to take advantage of it. The system itself is fool proof.

Excellence of character, then, is a state concerned with choice, lying in a mean relative to us, this being determined by reason and in the way in which the man of practical wisdom would determine it. Now it is a mean between two vices, that which depends on excess and that which depends on defect.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2012, 03:54:32 PM »

I understand what you are saying, but it is not our place to judge our fellow Orthodox Christians. Getting back on topic, I know that outward signs of piety will not save me alone and that many people use them for false reasons, but that is irrelevant to me. Even if my Orthodox brethren are taking advantage of these outward signs, I know that I myself personally would be using them for the right reasons despite whatever reasons they are using them for. You say that outward piety does not matter as much as the salvation of our soul. I agree, but you misunderstand that to me, outward piety DOES play a part in the salvation of my soul. I need outward signs, rituals and practices to remind me of who I am before God and keep me focused.

JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2012, 08:14:45 PM »

I understand what you are saying, but it is not our place to judge our fellow Orthodox Christians. Getting back on topic, I know that outward signs of piety will not save me alone and that many people use them for false reasons, but that is irrelevant to me. Even if my Orthodox brethren are taking advantage of these outward signs, I know that I myself personally would be using them for the right reasons despite whatever reasons they are using them for. You say that outward piety does not matter as much as the salvation of our soul. I agree, but you misunderstand that to me, outward piety DOES play a part in the salvation of my soul. I need outward signs, rituals and practices to remind me of who I am before God and keep me focused.

You, quite clearly, do not understand what I was saying, nor do you understand the second clause of your first sentence.  It is not our place to judge ANYONE (Orthodox or otherwise), yet you have NO problem judging everyone who doesn't utilize all the externals that you feel are important or vital.  However, you have no knowledge of the state of their soul unless you are a Spirit-bearing Elder, in which case I bow to your holiness.  For all you know, they are seen as exceptionally holy by God Himself, and perhaps they don't need such externals as ou do.

I was also not saying externals are unimportant.  Rather, I was saying that they are totally useless if one does not have any internals.  What does six hundred prostrations in an hour matter if one feels they will merit him salvation?  They are useless then.  What does owning 5,000 icons matter if one thinks the saints are gift-dispensing vending machines and our prayers are dollar bills?  If one has no internals, then they may as well have no externals and - in fact - they may be just like the Pharisees, condemned by God because they have only externals, yet think themselves righteous. 

You seem to think Russians who utilize externals are somehow holier than Greeks; I pointed out a Russian martyr, a man who suffered his whole life for his faith, who wrote countless times about the lack of faith amongst Russians who were quite well-versed in externals.  You need to take a closer look at what is truly important, and at yourself instead of focusing on the Greeks who you feel are unholy for failing to utilize as many external - and very public - signs as the Russians, and instead of focusing on the Russians who you feel are holy merely because they utilize many external - and very public - signs.

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2012, 06:52:18 AM »

The Jewish faith has many sects just like Christians do so some of these questions could be giving different answers. I'm not an Orthodox Jew but lean more towards Karaite Jew. Karaite's dont follow the Talmud or( the oral laws). There is no Karaite shul ( Church ) in my area so when I do go I go to a Reform Jewish shul. In Judaism we don't have Saints but we do have Sages kinda like just your Church Fathers with out the Saint part added

Polish Karaites do not identify themselves as Jews.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2012, 07:14:44 AM »

The Jewish faith has many sects just like Christians do so some of these questions could be giving different answers. I'm not an Orthodox Jew but lean more towards Karaite Jew. Karaite's dont follow the Talmud or( the oral laws). There is no Karaite shul ( Church ) in my area so when I do go I go to a Reform Jewish shul. In Judaism we don't have Saints but we do have Sages kinda like just your Church Fathers with out the Saint part added

they still going by Taters over there.
Here's a simple over view on Karaites if anyone cares to know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism

mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2012, 07:34:14 AM »

Here's a simple over view on Karaites if anyone cares to know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karaite_Judaism

I think they care more for themselves than for English wiki.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
biro
Excelsior
Site Supporter
Toumarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Church

Και κλήρονομον δείξον με, ζωής της αιωνίου

fleem
« Reply #77 on: March 24, 2012, 11:12:40 AM »

Really? That's interesting.  Huh

Charlie Rose: If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?

Fran Lebowitz: Everything. There is not one thing with which I am satisfied.

http://spcasuncoast.org/
JamesRottnek
Protokentarchos

« Reply #78 on: March 24, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »

Polish Karaites and Jewish Karaites (who, today, are primarily descendants of Egyptian Jews) are two separate religious groups.

mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #79 on: March 24, 2012, 12:15:29 PM »

hi, jewish voice.
i speak romanian, but as so little of that website is in english, it looks like they might not have much translation inside the church either! so u can either visit one that advertises in english (i think that's a good idea for a church located in an english speaking country!) or send me a personal messsage with any bits u want translating.
may God bless yr searching; He rewards those who seek Him.
mabsoota (means 'happy' in arabic)
Azul
Moderated
High Elder

Faith: Român Ortodox
Jurisdiction: Eastern Orthodox

« Reply #80 on: March 24, 2012, 01:53:15 PM »

I am romanian.What is it that it is desired in "romanian" ?

Every formula of every religion has in this age of reason, to submit to the acid test of reason and universal assent.
Mahatma Gandhi
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

Jurisdiction: AOCA-DWMA

« Reply #81 on: March 24, 2012, 02:06:34 PM »

so JewishVoice, are you convinced yet? Wink
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2012, 02:55:19 PM »

I didn't get to meet with the Father at the one church yet. What I have read that has been posted on here not as of yet.
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2012, 05:07:45 PM »

I didn't get to meet with the Father at the one church yet. What I have read that has been posted on here not as of yet.

oh, well let us know how that meeting goes!
mabsoota
Archon

Jurisdiction: Coptic

Kyrie eleison

« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2012, 04:28:39 PM »

buna azul,
 Smiley
it was a romanian orthodox church website. but i think he is going to get his info from an english speaking source.
yeshuaisiam
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox, Anabaptist, Other Early Christianity kind of jumbled together

A pulling horse cannot kick.

« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2012, 10:20:42 PM »

Well there is a Rabbi that revealed the name of the messiah.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0DTT3u2JZ8

I learned how to be more frugal and save money at http://www.livingpress.com
akimori makoto
Archon

Faith: Non-heretical Christian
Jurisdiction: Fully-sik-hektic archdiocese of Australia, bro

No-one bound by fleshly pleasures is worthy ...

« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2012, 12:50:12 AM »

You are possibly converting? That is amazing, good luck with your spiritual journey. Also, I would suggest going with the OCA parish. I know that many people talk badly about it, but the truth of the matter is that there is nothing wrong with it really. I know because I attend one. I would stay away from the Greek Church if I were you, because these ones can be really ethnic and more of a social thing than an actual religious experience.

The Russians are holier because they have the nabedrennik and the red double-orarion.

The Episcopallian road is easy and wide, for many go through it to find destruction. lol sorry channeling Isa.
jewish voice
Elder

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2012, 03:16:13 PM »

Just a quick up date I meet with the Father today from Saint Matthew's and had a very good meeting and I enjoyed our time talking and I plan on going to Saint Matthew's this sunday doing a little of that come and see
primuspilus
Taxiarches

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2012, 03:17:22 PM »

Just a quick up date I meet with the Father today from Saint Matthew's and had a very good meeting and I enjoyed our time talking and I plan on going to Saint Matthew's this sunday doing a little of that come and see
Thats awesome! Have a great time Smiley

PP

Gregory the Great
Ortho_cat
Protokentarchos

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2012, 03:41:40 PM »

awesome, let us know how it goes.
Tags:
Pages: « 1 2 3 »  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: