OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 20, 2014, 06:14:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New website on hesychasm and inner prayer  (Read 1168 times) Average Rating: 0
Evgeny

OC.net

« on: October 12, 2004, 11:23:13 AM »

There is a new English website on Orthodox hesychasm and inner prayer.
http://www.hesychasm.ru/en/

The Russian website started a few years ago ( http://www.hesychasm.ru/ ). There is a library of books, articles and links on hesychasm. The Russian site has a forum for discussions on practical aspects of spiritual life and prayer. If there will be an interest from people we may also set up a forum in English. If you know any other good books, articles or links on hesychasm please let us know
Robert
"Amazing"
Archon

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2004, 11:31:08 AM »

Please don't Cross Post!
Elisha
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2004, 11:33:25 AM »

Please don't Cross Post!

I clicked on submit to say the same (although in a nicer manner), but it didn't work since you beat me and already deleted the topic.
Evgeny

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2004, 12:25:12 PM »

Please don't Cross Post!

Sorry, I just thought after posting it on this forum that the other forum might be a better place for this topic. Could you please move it to the "Christian News" forum?
Shiloah
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb.11:1

www.balamand.edu.lb/ th...JoTheklaCan.htm

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 08:37:16 PM »

This is a wonderful webpage on hesychasm, and I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I'm somewhat confused about the cross posting issue. I couldn't find the subject on Christian News. Has it ben continued elsewehere?

Anyhow, this page was long overdue.

Shiloah, delighted Grin

"God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" 2.Cor.4:6

"One thing is education: that we learn how to love God. "
Evgeny

OC.net

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 11:06:41 AM »

Thank you  Smiley

This subject is currently posted only on this forum. I hope people will notice it.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2004, 11:09:31 AM by Evgeny » Logged
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: