OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 25, 2014, 07:34:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harold Camping apologizes for failed Rapture prediction  (Read 437 times) Average Rating: 0
vorgos

Faith: Orthodox

« on: March 10, 2012, 10:54:47 PM »

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/03/harold-camping-apologizes-for-failed-rapture-prediction.html

What a sad affair this was. At least he got the message at the end...
Nicene
High Elder

Jurisdiction: Greek

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 12:48:39 AM »

He can only but repent. But as I understand it he's still got alot of heresy left in him

Thank you.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 12:59:43 AM »

Man, even previously as a Protestant, I would have said that sort of thing is bad news. Protestants should be all over that "no one knows the day or hour" verse.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
minasoliman
Mr., Sir, Dude, Guy, Male, tr. Minas in Greek, Menes in white people Egyptologists :-P
Section Moderator
Merarches

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Coptic Orthodox Archdiocese of North America

Strengthen O Lord the work of Your hands(Is 19:25)

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:38:00 AM »

Man, even previously as a Protestant, I would have said that sort of thing is bad news. Protestants should be all over that "no one knows the day or hour" verse.

Ya, I always thought that for a self-professed Bible Christian, he really isn't doing a good job (not that any Protestant does a good job anyway, but still).

Vain existence can never exist, for \\\"unless the LORD builds the house, the builders labor in vain.\\\" (Psalm 127)

If the faith is unchanged and rock solid, then the gates of Hades never prevailed in the end.
vorgos

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 04:16:40 AM »

He can only but repent. But as I understand it he's still got alot of heresy left in him

Repenting wasnt his only choice. He could have 'revealed' another date in the distant future. As it is we can be thankful he didnt. To me it sounds hopeful. Just maybe this will cause him to take another look at the rest of his beliefs. There has got to be a book targeted to people like him.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 04:17:31 AM by vorgos » Logged
vorgos

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:19 AM »

Right. So how do they explain it? Or do they just ignore it?
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »

Right. So how do they explain it? Or do they just ignore it?
Good question, my quess is ignore it. I never did understand those folks who did the predictions. Never heard a good way to explain it away either.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Jetavan
Most Humble Servant of Pan-Vespuccian and Holocenic Hominids
Taxiarches

Faith: Christic
Jurisdiction: Dixie

Barlaam and Josaphat

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »

If you will, you can become all flame.
Extra caritatem nulla salus.
In order to become whole, take the "I" out of "holiness".
सर्वभूतहित
Ἄνω σχῶμεν τὰς καρδίας
"Those who say religion has nothing to do with politics do not know what religion is." -- Mohandas Gandhi
Y dduw bo'r diolch.
Maximum Bob
Archon

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 02:04:27 PM »

^ Well, yeah that could kinda explain it.  laugh

Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: