OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 23, 2014, 06:40:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ancient Faith Radio doesn't like me right now...  (Read 766 times) Average Rating: 0
Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« on: March 10, 2012, 01:36:25 PM »

So, I'm at a friend's house and we're on his Mac Desktop. We've been playing Ancient Faith Radio all week, listening to music, podcasts, etc. without any problem. This morning, however, when I tried to go there, it kicked me to a random "You're the number blah-blah-blah prize winner!!" pop-up box like thing...but it wasn't a pop-up, it actually changed the URL from Ancient Faith to this other page and wouldn't let me skip to where I wanted to go. It kept bringing up this page EVERY time.

Then, I tried to use the history to get to another page on Ancient Faith (like the podcast listing, or even the page for a specific podcast) and it always gives me an "Internal Server Error."

I've never seen this happen before...ever. It's really weird. I just wanted to know if others can get to Ancient Faith without an issue, to determine if it's an internet problem or a computer problem. If it is a computer problem...anyone have any ideas what we can do to get to Ancient Faith? Any help is much appreciated!

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
Papist
Patriarch of Pontification
Toumarches

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Byzantine

Praying for the Christians in Iraq

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

Sounds like you may have a virus on the computer.

Note Papist's influence from the tyrannical monarchism of traditional papism .
Opus118
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »

Given that it is a Mac, it is conceivable that it is your local DNS server that has been compromised. It is also possible the DNS server setting on the computer has been changed. You might want to try (temporarily) the google DNS server and see if the problem goes away. The instructions on how to do this are here:
http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

If it were me, I would just contact my internet service provide to check if they are having problems and/or find out what the DNS server settings are suppose to be in System Preferences/Network and then check if it has changed.

Sauron
High Elder

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:29:38 PM »

AFR was acting oddly for me yesterday. It would not update podcasts and for a time, ancientfaith.com seemed down. It is working for me today, though.

Benjamin the Red
Recovering Calvinist
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Orthodox Church in America, Diocese of Dallas and the South ||| American Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Diocese

Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me.

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »

Thanks for the responses, guys!

I checked it again today before trying anything you suggested...and it's working fine! Go figure.

"Hades is not a place, no, but a state of the soul. It begins here on earth. Just so, paradise begins in the soul of a man here in the earthly life. Here we already have contact with the divine..." -St. John, Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco, Homily On the Sunday of Orthodoxy
orthonorm
Hoplitarches

Faith: Sola Gratia
Jurisdiction: Outside

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »

Thanks for the responses, guys!

I checked it again today before trying anything you suggested...and it's working fine! Go figure.

AFR has been touch and go. Guess it helps send home the message about their needing your support.

Ignorance is not a lack, but a passion.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: