OrthodoxChristianity.net
April 16, 2014, 09:07:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Rules page has been updated.  Please familiarize yourself with its contents!

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags CHAT Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prayer for Maturity & Support  (Read 229 times) Average Rating: 0
JamesR
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« on: March 12, 2012, 01:04:34 AM »

I just turned sixteen in February and I've decided that I really need to start being more mature and acting like a man, and this Lenton period has motivated me and I am hoping to make some spiritual as well as earthly progress. I've been doing all of my schoolwork early and so I have managed to always remain one week ahead of everything, and right now I am studying to get my license in hopefully a month so I can begin driving to get to Church more easily and speed up my catechism and socialize more, especially with this girl I fancy that God brought back into my life after a year of agony and prayer. Plus, I am taking on a job at Macys to make some money to save up for a car, purchase a laptop and the equipment I need to help me pursue my music career then put everything else I make into a savings account for a rainy day when I'm older. And, on top of all of this, I am trying to give up masturbation during Lent, so please pray for me that I will gain maturity, strength and God will help me on my way to manhood.

Wherever goes JamesR goes, he is there.
-Orthonorm
vamrat
Vamratoraptor
Taxiarches

Faith: Serbian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: New Gracanica

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »

I'll pray for you, bro, but remember that maturity is a process and it sounds like you are doing it.  Pray to God every day, and when you do, pray for others, pray for forgiveness, and never ever forget to glorify God and thank Him for what He has done for you.  If you do that, you don't need prayers for maturity, you'll have done it.  I'll go ahead and pray that God supports and aides you in this.

One day we will talk about why people fetishize children, but for now I'll keep on the side of humanity that doesn't think the height of life is a drinking a juice box and eating a tater tot while defecating in their pants.
Maximum Bob
Archon

Faith: Catechumen
Jurisdiction: Antiochian

Personal Text? We can have personal text?

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 11:43:40 PM »

Lord have mercy.

Prov. 3: 5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Psalm 37:23 The Lord guides a man safely in the way he should go.
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: