OrthodoxChristianity.net
July 24, 2014, 07:26:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Believers Stand Up For Jailed Anti-Putin Punk Rockers / Members Of Female Punk Band PUSSY RIOT On Trial For Church Protest / Aleksandr Dugin on "Pussy Riots" global blackmail  (Read 18173 times) Average Rating: 0
Marcin

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Polish Orthodox Church

« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2012, 09:57:51 AM »

Btw, does anyone here know Elisabeth Behr-Sigel?

Why do you ask? Is Elisabeth Behr-Sigel support for the ordination of women into priesthood related to Pussy Riot?
Marcin

« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

What the punkers did was shocking, blasphemous and - frankly childish.

Demonic behavior is often like that, as CS Lewis has depicted in his Trilogy. (Especially in Perelandra)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 10:17:30 AM by Marcin » Logged
Green_Umbrella

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »

Moscow is just as much if not more of a moral cesspool than any Western city.

They do not have homosexual pride parades through the streets of Moscow.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »

Abbot Tryphon's thoughts:
http://ancientfaith.com/podcasts/morningoffering/no_such_thing_as_sacrilege_in_the_west

Frederica Mathews-Greene's thoughts:
http://www.frederica.com/writings/history-blasphemy-and-russia.html
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #409 on: August 22, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

OMON

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
Pilgrim72

« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2012, 01:02:04 PM »

Russia has one of the highest abortion rates in the entire world. And prostitution is rampant. And so is drug abuse. And alcoholism is so bad the average life expectancy for a man is 64 years (up significantly since the 1990s, when it was in the low 50s for the same reason). But I guess you're fine with that as long as the gays stay out of sight. I'm done with this thread.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:04:21 PM by Pilgrim72 » Logged
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #411 on: August 22, 2012, 01:30:46 PM »

I think that is one good thing, but they have far more problems to deal with than that. Gay Pride pales in comparison to the other issues they have to deal with.
Green_Umbrella

« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2012, 02:02:29 PM »

Russia has one of the highest abortion rates in the entire world. And prostitution is rampant. And so is drug abuse. And alcoholism is so bad the average life expectancy for a man is 64 years (up significantly since the 1990s, when it was in the low 50s for the same reason). But I guess you're fine with that as long as the gays stay out of sight. I'm done with this thread.  

Do they have parades in Moscow celebrating abortion, prostitution, drug use, alcoholism or a low life expectancy?

They do not. Your done with this thread...goodbye. Do not not let the door hit you on the way out.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2012, 02:24:11 PM »

Do they have parades in Moscow celebrating abortion, prostitution, drug use, alcoholism or a low life expectancy?

They do not. Your done with this thread...goodbye. Do not not let the door hit you on the way out.

In Russian the idiomatic way to say drunken debauchery, abortion and low life expectancy is жизнь.   
Pilgrim72

« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »

Green-Umbrella, you're quite right, they don't have parades for those things. What's with the obsession over parades, anyway??? You made me smile.Grin
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:31:08 PM by Pilgrim72 » Logged
Marcin

« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2012, 02:32:39 PM »

In Russian the idiomatic way to say drunken debauchery, abortion and low life expectancy is жизнь.   

Are you Greek?
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2012, 02:41:06 PM »

Good one.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Marcin

« Reply #417 on: August 22, 2012, 02:43:25 PM »

Good one.

Russians are sinful people
Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »

How christian.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2012, 03:18:45 PM »

How christian.

Just daily life living in Eastern Ukraine. 
Pan Michał
Elder

« Reply #420 on: August 22, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

How christian.
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #421 on: August 22, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »

How christian.

Come visit and see for yourself. 
Pan Michał
Elder

« Reply #422 on: August 22, 2012, 03:33:12 PM »

Come visit and see for yourself. 

See what? Drunken debauchery, abortion, low life expectancy? It takes me a minute to go outside or turn on TV, don't need to go anywhere.
JamesR
Virginal Chicano Blood
Protokentarchos

Faith: On-n-Off
Jurisdiction: OCA (the only truly Canonical American Orthodox Church)

St. Augustine of Hippo pray for me!

« Reply #423 on: August 22, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »

Probably because they are afraid of getting shot in the face after years of lousy government? Whereas in the West if the police even beat us it becomes a media outcry that gains nationwide attention.

You're really on to something here. Tattoo to keep you from masturbating, chew to keep you from fornicating... it's a whole new world where you outsource your crosses. You're like a Christian entrepreneur or something.
James, you have problemz.
Green_Umbrella

« Reply #424 on: August 22, 2012, 03:38:37 PM »

Green-Umbrella, you're quite right, they don't have parades for those things. What's with the obsession over parades, anyway??? You made me smile.Grin

Oh, you are too funny. Your attitude is formed by the homosexual lobbyists throwing money around to politicians. The television sitcom writer and the leftist college proffesor. It is not God, the scripture or the church fathers.

What an age we live in when a so called ¨Christian¨ will not say they oppose a homosexual parade through a city. Yeah well, as you turn your blind eye to the open celebration of this sin young people will be influenced by it. They will go down that road and destroy themselves both spiritualy and physically.

So keep smiling as you serve your master of lies.

Qui tacet consentire     
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #425 on: August 22, 2012, 03:41:45 PM »

Oh, you are too funny. Your attitude is formed by the homosexual lobbyists throwing money around to politicians. The television sitcom writer and the leftist college proffesor. It is not God, the scripture or the church fathers.

What an age we live in when a so called ¨Christian¨ will not say they oppose a homosexual parade through a city. Yeah well, as you turn your blind eye to the open celebration of this sin young people will be influenced by it. They will go down that road and destroy themselves both spiritualy and physically.

Qui tacet consentire     

I haven't owned or watched a TV in years, and the professors with whom I've staid in touch with over the years are mostly practicing Christians.   laugh
sheenj
OC.net guru

Faith: Oriental Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Indian/Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church

St. Gregorios of Parumala, pray for us...

« Reply #426 on: August 22, 2012, 04:01:01 PM »

Qui tacet consentire     
Letting other people voice their opinions, no matter how wrong, is now unchristian?
Marcin

« Reply #427 on: August 22, 2012, 04:03:46 PM »

the professors with whom I've staid in touch with over the years are mostly practicing Christians.   laugh

May I ask? I am curious, what is your religion?
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »

the professors with whom I've staid in touch with over the years are mostly practicing Christians.   laugh

LOL

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2012, 04:09:15 PM »

Irrelevant to the discussion. 
Marcin

« Reply #430 on: August 22, 2012, 04:20:15 PM »

It would make it easier for me to chose the arguments. I am new to the forum so I do not know your previous posts. Of course I can look them up and figure out your beliefs, hmm ...
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #431 on: August 22, 2012, 04:36:49 PM »

It would make it easier for me to chose the arguments. I am new to the forum so I do not know your previous posts. Of course I can look them up and figure out your beliefs, hmm ...

Oh now this has me curious.  How would you respond differently were I to profess Zoroastrianism as opposed to Animism? 
Marcin

« Reply #432 on: August 22, 2012, 05:07:23 PM »

Oh now this has me curious.  How would you respond differently were I to profess Zoroastrianism as opposed to Animism? 

OK, you can keep your "secret"
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #433 on: August 22, 2012, 05:19:34 PM »

Or you can try reading some of his posts. Especially the ones in the 'Faith Issues' or 'Liturgy' sections.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:19:53 PM by Michał Kalina » Logged

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #434 on: August 22, 2012, 07:55:12 PM »

Frederica Mathewes-Green has touched on the controversy in her latest installment of her podcast:
http://audio.ancientfaith.com/frederica/fhn_2012-08-22.mp3
Green_Umbrella

« Reply #435 on: August 22, 2012, 08:50:27 PM »

Qui tacet consentire     
Letting other people voice their opinions, no matter how wrong, is now unchristian?

Parades are not  voicing an opinion. Parades are promotions and celebrations. The last time I checked Christians were supposed to love your neighbor as yourself or has that been changed for political correctness?

Does it now read love your neighbor up to the point you might offend him and then be quiet? No. To be opposed to the promotion and celebration of sin is very Christian. I see nothing loving or caring in your position. Sure, throw the drunk another bottle. Let him kill himself. We do not want to offend him. That is your attitude.

Who here would imagine such a scene as this...

¨Paul of Tarsus, the homosexuals are having a parade in Corinth.¨

¨Uh, well...we have other problems in Corinth.¨

(chuckles)

Right. It is too absurd to even imagine. You can bet he would have called that out and made known his opposition.  But he was a Christian in more than name only. He knew what side of the river he was on unlike some people here. 
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #436 on: August 22, 2012, 08:59:06 PM »

Or you can try reading some of his posts. Especially the ones in the 'Faith Issues' or 'Liturgy' sections.

Not sure that would help.

HabteSelassie
Ises and I-ity
Archon

Jurisdiction: Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church

« Reply #437 on: August 22, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »

Greetings in that Divine and Most Precious Name of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

stay blessed,
habte selassie

"Yet stand aloof from stupid questionings and geneologies and strifes and fightings about law, for they are without benefit and vain." Titus 3:10
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #438 on: August 22, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »

Qui tacet consentire     

Parades are not  voicing an opinion. Parades are promotions and celebrations. The last time I checked Christians were supposed to love your neighbor as yourself or has that been changed for political correctness?

Does it now read love your neighbor up to the point you might offend him and then be quiet? No. To be opposed to the promotion and celebration of sin is very Christian. I see nothing loving or caring in your position. Sure, throw the drunk another bottle. Let him kill himself. We do not want to offend him. That is your attitude.

(chuckles)

Right. It is too absurd to even imagine. You can bet he would have called that out and made known his opposition.  But he was a Christian in more than name only. He knew what side of the river he was on unlike some people here. 

That is exactly the problem! It is disgusting when people promote homosexual relations. Homosexual relations are a sin, and should never be promoted or celebrated.
Green_Umbrella

« Reply #439 on: August 22, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »

Qui tacet consentire     

(chuckles)

That is exactly the problem! It is disgusting when people promote homosexual relations. Homosexual relations are a sin, and should never be promoted or celebrated.

Thank you.

I oppose the celebration and promotion of homosexuality. So I am opposed to gay pride parades. Not the homosexual. I see nothing unchristian in my position. I do see something unchristian with acting like there is nothing wrong with them. There is.
sheenj
OC.net guru

« Reply #440 on: August 22, 2012, 09:55:09 PM »

Qui tacet consentire     

(chuckles)

Thank you.

I oppose the celebration and promotion of homosexuality. So I am opposed to gay pride parades. Not the homosexual. I see nothing unchristian in my position. I do see something unchristian with acting like there is nothing wrong with them. There is.
I agree that homosexuality is a sin, however, so is gluttony (a deadly sin to boot). Would you go and shut down every McDonalds in America or Russia because McDonald's celebrates gluttony?
Punch
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #441 on: August 22, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »

Qui tacet consentire     

(chuckles)

Thank you.

I agree that homosexuality is a sin, however, so is gluttony (a deadly sin to boot). Would you go and shut down every McDonalds in America or Russia because McDonald's celebrates gluttony?

Never found the verse that said God considers gluttony an abomination.  Also, I do not see fat people on parade trying to get people to embrace their lifestyle.  Most fat people (and I am one of them) do not consider their state "normal".  Your comparison is ignorant.  Most people who resort to this are disingenuous, knowing well they have lost the argument yet still trying to defend the evil.

JoeS2
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic by choice

St. Mark Defender of the true Faith (old CAF guy)

« Reply #442 on: August 23, 2012, 12:11:13 AM »

New International Version (©1984)
"'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.
New Living Translation (©2007)
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.

English Standard Version (©2001)
If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
When a man has sexual intercourse with another man as with a woman, both men are doing something disgusting and must be put to death. They deserve to die.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

American King James Version
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them.

American Standard Version
And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Douay-Rheims Bible
If any one lie with a man se with a woman, both have committed an abomination, let them be put to death: their blood be upon them.

Darby Bible Translation
And if a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall certainly be put to death; their blood is upon them.

English Revised Version
And if a man lie with mankind, as with womankind, both of them have committed abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Webster's Bible Translation
If a man also shall lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

World English Bible
"'If a man lies with a male, as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Young's Literal Translation
And a man who lieth with a male as one lieth with a woman; abomination both of them have done; they are certainly put to death; their blood is on them.

Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #443 on: August 23, 2012, 12:26:45 AM »

Usury is one of the worst sins mentioned in the Old Testament.  Most Ukrainian banks will give you 20% interest on Ukrainian Hryvnias, 15% on Russian Rubles and a mere 10% on Dollars.  I've never once seen the Orthodox Church denounce this situation. 
sheenj
OC.net guru

« Reply #444 on: August 23, 2012, 12:58:25 AM »

Qui tacet consentire     

(chuckles)

Thank you.

Never found the verse that said God considers gluttony an abomination.  Also, I do not see fat people on parade trying to get people to embrace their lifestyle.  Most fat people (and I am one of them) do not consider their state "normal".  Your comparison is ignorant.  Most people who resort to this are disingenuous, knowing well they have lost the argument yet still trying to defend the evil.
Maybe I'm just secure enough in my faith to let others voice their disbelief publicly. If you think that makes me less Orthodox than you then so be it.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #445 on: August 23, 2012, 01:21:22 AM »

Qui tacet consentire     

(chuckles)

Thank you.

Maybe I'm just secure enough in my faith to let others voice their disbelief publicly. If you think that makes me less Orthodox than you then so be it.

Would you support a nudist pride parade? A prostitute pride parade? A swinger pride parade? (not the dance kind) A polygamist pride parade?
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #446 on: August 23, 2012, 01:41:50 AM »

Qui tacet consentire     

(chuckles)

Thank you.

Would you support a nudist pride parade? A prostitute pride parade? A swinger pride parade? (not the dance kind) A polygamist pride parade?

How about a judgmental pride parade?
Νεκτάριος
Protokentarchos

« Reply #447 on: August 23, 2012, 01:47:07 AM »

That's called a procession in Orthodoxy. 
SolEX01
Merarches

Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, Holy Metropolis of New Jersey

« Reply #448 on: August 23, 2012, 01:54:30 AM »

That's called a procession in Orthodoxy. 

Everyone else gets to throw a parade except for Orthodoxy?  Processions in Orthodoxy are supposed to be solemn events; I don't know what goes on in your part of the world regarding to solemnity of Orthodox processions and I'm not arguing against groups of people having a pride parade.  The gays had a 2 day pride parade where I live; no one was bothered; I would ignore it.
Gorazd
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: The Ecumenical Patriarchate of Istanbul and Chambésy

« Reply #449 on: August 23, 2012, 02:27:07 AM »

My mistake. It was Michel Houellebecq who supported Pussy Riot, in addition to Zizek.

So which texts of Pussy Riot seem to point to influence by Zizek and Foucault?
Tags: music Russian Orthodox Church 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: