OrthodoxChristianity.net
September 01, 2014, 09:55:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Orthodox Believers Stand Up For Jailed Anti-Putin Punk Rockers / Members Of Female Punk Band PUSSY RIOT On Trial For Church Protest / Aleksandr Dugin on "Pussy Riots" global blackmail  (Read 18831 times) Average Rating: 0
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2012, 02:41:26 PM »

Is taking a mother away from her child for two years for what was a *political* and not religious  protest just?

Is a mother fighting the system without any hesitation and thinking about the fate of her child a mother? Just sayin'.

If you think 2 years in Prison for what amounts to trespassing is just, I hope you pay careful attention to the "Stay of the Grass" signs.

Please forgive me, but I am confused.  On this thread people were complaining about seven years and now they received less than one third of that, you are still complaining?  I don't get it, but I suspect if they received time served, some would still say it was too severe.  Maybe this will sink into the minds of protesters.  Don't violate the sanctity of the Church.

The Lord said "turn the other cheek." On one hand, I intensely disliked what these misguided young women did. On the other hand, I think the reaction of the Patriarch and many believers was not in keeping with our Lord's approach. In a perverse way, the reaction violated the true sanctity of the Body of Christ worse than the action itself.
I understand what you are saying, I just have a difficult time merging it all together.  I see each thing as a separate issue.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #316 on: August 17, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »

Church asks state to show mercy to convicted Pussy Riot members (updated)
http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=9740

Too late.
Because you say so?

Because it was published after the verdict.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #317 on: August 17, 2012, 02:45:25 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

And? 
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2012, 02:47:06 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

And? 

They ask the court to be merciful after the verdict. Can't you see it pointless?

The court had already issued it.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #319 on: August 17, 2012, 02:49:42 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

And? 

They ask the court to be merciful after the verdict. Can't you see it pointless?

There is a guilty finding and a sentencing.  Which one do you object to the Churches statement being made public after the fact?
Carl Kraeff (Second Chance)
Taxiarches

Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: OCA

« Reply #320 on: August 17, 2012, 02:50:30 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

I do not think that it was too late. Before the sentencing, Putin had to continue to show that he is a strong and resolute leader. The Church had to show that She respects the law and is The guardian for the dignity of the Church. The judge had to show her adherence to the law, at the same time that she was independent from the state prosecutor (two years instead of the three demanded by the prosecutor). Now that all of the actors have performed their part in Act I, Act II started with the statement from the ROC cited above. I would think that President Putin will now show a merciful side. The play will likely end with the convicted girls spending far less than two years in jail.

Michal: "SC, love you in this thread."
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #321 on: August 17, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

And? 

There is a guilty finding and a sentencing.  Which one do you object to the Churches statement being made public after the fact?

AFAIK it was published after both.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #322 on: August 17, 2012, 02:54:52 PM »

Protesters are planning to perform a dance in front of the russian church in Copenhagen. I have nothing against the protest, but I had hoped, they would stay at the embassy. Embarrassed

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #323 on: August 17, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »

Really in all honesty if we were to look at the facts here. All the ones in support of the Jail time should also be in jail for your blasphemy of 1.2 billion Muslims and 200 million Jews. To us you blasphemy G-d everyday you wake up. 2) these women are not Orthodox so they say then in turn they can't be charged with blasphemy of your G-d that they don't hold to. now for grounds of trespassing yes but 2 yrs for that is very harsh. If the Church wants to start putting people in jail for blasphemy they need to start to get in line for their time in jail as well.

One catch, they don't live in a Jewish or Muslim nation, they live in an Orthodox one, so they can shove it.
LizaSymonenko
Слава Ісусу Христу!!! Glory to Jesus Christ!!!
Global Moderator
Toumarches

Faith: God's Holy Catholic and Apostolic Orthodox Church
Jurisdiction: Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the U.S.A.

« Reply #324 on: August 17, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »

Really in all honesty if we were to look at the facts here. All the ones in support of the Jail time should also be in jail for your blasphemy of 1.2 billion Muslims and 200 million Jews. To us you blasphemy G-d everyday you wake up. 2) these women are not Orthodox so they say then in turn they can't be charged with blasphemy of your G-d that they don't hold to. now for grounds of trespassing yes but 2 yrs for that is very harsh. If the Church wants to start putting people in jail for blasphemy they need to start to get in line for their time in jail as well.

What is this with the "your God"?

If you actually knew YOUR God, you would realize He is our God.   Wink

Conquer evil men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of legality to shame by your compassion. With the afflicted be afflicted in mind. Love all men, but keep distant from all men.
—St. Isaac of Syria
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #325 on: August 17, 2012, 02:59:26 PM »

One catch, they don't live in a Jewish or Muslim nation, they live in an Orthodox one, so they can shove it.

In Russia Judaism, Orthodox Christianity, Islam and Buddhism are called "traditional religions". So Russia is Jewish and Muslim nation as well as the Orthodox one.

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #326 on: August 17, 2012, 03:01:38 PM »

They really ought to reduce the sentence but take their children away. If they are raising their kids with the same "values" they have and with the same evil, demon-possessed intentions then that definitely constitutes the need to take the children away from then. Maybe give their children to a nice, good quality church run orphanage or something.
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #327 on: August 17, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »

In Russia Judaism, Orthodox Christianity, Islam and Buddhism are called "traditional religions". So Russia is Jewish and Muslim nation as well as the Orthodox one.

Most of the leaders are orthodox, the vast majority of Russians are orthodox, it's been orthodox for over 1000 years, and the Russian Church is the biggest and richest organization almost even beyond the oil companies. Islam and Judaism need to be stamped out there.
Ansgar
Archon

Faith: More than an inquirer, less than a catechumen
Jurisdiction: Exarchate of orthodox churches of russian tradition in western Europe

Keep your mind in hell and do not despair

« Reply #328 on: August 17, 2012, 03:09:38 PM »

Devin, you scare me.

Do not be cast down over the struggle - the Lord loves a brave warrior. The Lord loves the soul that is valiant.

-St Silouan the athonite
Bigsinner
Elder

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: OCA  (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

« Reply #329 on: August 17, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »

Most of the leaders are orthodox, the vast majority of Russians are orthodox, it's been orthodox for over 1000 years, and the Russian Church is the biggest and richest organization almost even beyond the oil companies. Islam and Judaism need to be stamped out there.

And each and every Russian Orthodox is infallible in both word and in deed?   Roll Eyes  Just because they are Orthodox does not mean they aren't wrong in this matter!  News Flash:  Sometimes even Non-Orthodox have been known to have taken correct, and even moral, positions.  Go figure? Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:15:19 PM by Bigsinner » Logged
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #330 on: August 17, 2012, 03:15:59 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

And? 

AFAIK it was published after both.
Hmm.  I imagine it would be difficult to request a softer sentence if they had not been found guilty yet, so you first problem is solved.  As for the second, your objection, as you stated, is when it was published, not when it was submitted to the court, so your second problem is solved as it had to have been submitted prior to sentencing for the court to consider, which they apparently did..  Anything else?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #331 on: August 17, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »

Too late.
Because you say so?

I do not think that it was too late. Before the sentencing, Putin had to continue to show that he is a strong and resolute leader. The Church had to show that She respects the law and is The guardian for the dignity of the Church. The judge had to show her adherence to the law, at the same time that she was independent from the state prosecutor (two years instead of the three demanded by the prosecutor). Now that all of the actors have performed their part in Act I, Act II started with the statement from the ROC cited above. I would think that President Putin will now show a merciful side. The play will likely end with the convicted girls spending far less than two years in jail.
I agree and also think they will be released earlier.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #332 on: August 17, 2012, 03:20:29 PM »

But no one is protesting the government by defamating a synagogue or mosque or Buddist temple.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #333 on: August 17, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »

And each and every Russian Orthodox is infallible in both word and in deed?   Roll Eyes  Just because they are Orthodox does not mean they aren't wrong in this matter!
Does this understanding extend to the Church hierarchy or just everyone else?  It appears people are a little too judgmental toward the Church and lack any of the understanding you just spoke.about.

88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #334 on: August 17, 2012, 03:29:05 PM »

Devin, you scare me.

Wow that scared me too, that sounded a lot worse than I intended. I was referring to evangelism but it sounded like something much more violent...
Bigsinner
Elder

Jurisdiction: OCA  (Diocese of Eastern Pennsylvania)

« Reply #335 on: August 17, 2012, 03:45:31 PM »

And each and every Russian Orthodox is infallible in both word and in deed?   Roll Eyes  Just because they are Orthodox does not mean they aren't wrong in this matter!
Does this understanding extend to the Church hierarchy or just everyone else?  It appears people are a little too judgmental toward the Church and lack any of the understanding you just spoke.about.

I'm not being judgmental about the Church, just saying that in this matter it is wrong.  Good thing I am typing this in the good ole USA, and not in Putingrad, or I might be imprisoned too!  Well, I am being judgmental about Comrade Putin and his government, though I think rightfully.  Or is venerating Putin now a requirement for all Orthodox Christians?
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #336 on: August 17, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »

I'm not being judgmental about the Church, just saying that in this matter it is wrong.  Good thing I am typing this in the good ole USA, and not in Putingrad, or I might be imprisoned too!  Well, I am being judgmental about Comrade Putin and his government, though I think rightfully.  Or is venerating Putin now a requirement for all Orthodox Christians?
I'm not against having feelings on issues, we all do.  I just want to make certain we apply the same standard to everyone.  None of us are perfect, including bishops.  We also don't know what is going on behind the scenes in the Russian Church, we are guessing.  I don't think Putin is being venerated.  Did you see his reaction to having his hand kissed?  Time will tell.
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #337 on: August 17, 2012, 04:04:13 PM »

Or is venerating Putin Russia now a requirement for all Orthodox Christians?

fixed for you

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #338 on: August 17, 2012, 04:08:02 PM »

There is a big difference between holding a differing view with a Bishop or leader and doing the disgusting bestial and satanic things these women have done.

I personally think there should be a new canon requiring unmarried Bishops to be under the same restrictions as monks when it comes to material items and any gifts should be transferred to the treasury and used for the poor, sick and otherwise needy. No Mercedes or expensive watches for Bishops.

But holding a view like that is not comparable to what these girls did...
Punch
Protokentarchos

Faith: Christian
Jurisdiction: Body of Christ

« Reply #339 on: August 17, 2012, 05:15:50 PM »

Devin, you scare me.

Wow that scared me too, that sounded a lot worse than I intended. I was referring to evangelism but it sounded like something much more violent...

Darn.  For a second, I thought there was hope for you  Cheesy

Orthodox only because of God and His Russians.
stanley123
Protokentarchos

Faith: Catholic
Jurisdiction: Roman Catholic

« Reply #340 on: August 17, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »

I have read the filthy, gutter lyrics which supposedly were sung in a Holy Orthodox Church by this group. If it is true, and these are the lyrics which they sang in a holy Orthodox Church, then I would not oppose  ten years at hard labor in a concentration camp.
The first part of the song is not too bad, but still bad enough. As you scroll down, it gets worse.
I don't know if this is an accurate quote of the lyrics or not, but it is claimed to be so:
http://freepussyriot.org/content/lyrics-songs-pussy-riot
I don't see how a Christian could defend such vulgarity in a Church.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 06:10:13 PM by stanley123 » Logged
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #341 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »

I have read the filthy, gutter lyrics which supposedly were sung in a Holy Orthodox Church by this group. If it is true, and these are the lyrics which they sang in a holy Orthodox Church, then I would not oppose  ten years at hard labor in a concentration camp.
The first part of the song is not too bad, but still bad enough. As you scroll down, it gets worse.
I don't know if this is an accurate quote of the lyrics or not, but it is claimed to be so:

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Okay, they definitely do belong in jail...
Green_Umbrella

Faith: Catholic

« Reply #342 on: August 17, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »

Apparently the "sentence" has just been handed down--NYT reporting 2 years in prison.

They deserve it.
Pan Michał
Elder

Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: The Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church

« Reply #343 on: August 17, 2012, 08:27:05 PM »

It jusked striked me, that many people here talking about being biased... are quite biased...

Out from discussion, cause I see mostly two sides - either a) bash Russia, or b) bash Pussy Riot. Both think of themselves as Holders Of Truth. Been there, done that, road to nowhere. I don't feel like moral Ubermensch, so c'ya on the other threads.

ADDED - just one six-verse quote, from Dave Mustaine's song:

"Back when I was just seventeen
I thought that I knew everything
[...]
I was legal now at twenty-one
I knew the way the world should run
[...]
At twenty-five I was surprised
That I was even half-alive"
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 08:38:44 PM by Pan Michał » Logged
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #344 on: August 17, 2012, 08:50:39 PM »

I have read the filthy, gutter lyrics which supposedly were sung in a Holy Orthodox Church by this group.

They were a lot less offensive than I was expecting.  Rather tame really, unless being immature and badmouthed is the crux (pun semi-intended) of the offense.   

We hear far more blasphemous "observations" from morons like Bill Maher (well, for those able to endure his inane tirades).

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #345 on: August 17, 2012, 09:04:16 PM »

I have read the filthy, gutter lyrics which supposedly were sung in a Holy Orthodox Church by this group.

They were a lot less offensive than I was expecting.  Rather tame really, unless being immature and badmouthed is the crux (pun semi-intended) of the offense.   

We hear far more blasphemous "observations" from morons like Bill Maher (well, for those able to endure his inane tirades).

Those "women" (they aren't women at all, not even worthy of the term) didn't just make those lyrics, they sang them in the church in front of the iconostasis.

I am very glad they are being sent to that penal colony. If their followers decide to riot and fight against the state (as some are promising), then they shouldn't expect the authorities to exercise restraint.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #346 on: August 17, 2012, 09:42:05 PM »

I fail to be scandalized. What's scandalous-actually it isn't, but supposedly it should be-is that those that preach forgiveness etc can only grant it after a few years of jail have been paid for a minor offense.  Talk about love and "economia".
88Devin12
Warned
Protokentarchos

« Reply #347 on: August 17, 2012, 09:56:02 PM »

Just watched the RT video in its article about the sentencing. Apparently the 2 years starts at the moment of their arrest (March 15), so technically they have been given a sentence of a little more than 1 and a half years. Their sentence is to be sent to a women's penal colony for the duration of their sentence.

One of the three was involved in the live-sex act "orgy" in a Moscow Biology Museum, and another one of the three was involved in dumping cockroaches in a courtroom and kissing policewomen in the metro & on streets.

Funny how people defend them seeing as the one involved in the live sex act would have been convicted as a sex offender here in the United States...

Someone has probably already mentioned the topless Ukrainian woman who cut down a crucifix in protest.

It should be no surprise that the irreverent and anti-religious Madonna has come out in support of them.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 10:16:09 PM by 88Devin12 » Logged
podkarpatska
Merarches

Jurisdiction: ACROD

SS Cyril and Methodius Church, Mercer, PA

« Reply #348 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »

I will say that I had to chuckle at a recent Time Magazine 'summary' of these events. They took great umbrage to the charging of these folks under Russian equivalent of our 'hate crime' laws. Yet, if certain crimes here aren't prosecuted with the higher penalties associated with 'hate crime' laws, many in the US - including a wide range of easily 'outraged' folks of all stripes politically (although more typically those to the middle or left of center....) would have a fit. However distasteful they were, even under our 'hate crime' laws, the type of hooliganism they engaged in probably would not have received more than probation and a fine since they were not directed with bodily harm at a person and no 'real' property damage took place. If not charged under hate crime laws, probably at best a modest fine.

I wonder what the Italians did to the woman who tried to kiss the Pope during Midnight Mass as he entered St. Peter's a few years' back....
ialmisry
There's nothing John of Damascus can't answer
Warned
Hypatos

Faith: جامعي Arab confesssing the Orthodox Faith of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Jurisdiction: Antioch (for now), but my heart belongs to Alexandria

« Reply #349 on: August 17, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »

I fail to be scandalized. What's scandalous-actually it isn't, but supposedly it should be-is that those that preach forgiveness etc can only grant it after a few years of jail have been paid for a minor offense.  Talk about love and "economia".
Speaking of love and economy, I remember a Yeltsin commercial showing old reel footage of the destruction of Churches, the summary executions, the forced collectivization etc., the commentator pointing out "The Communists haven't even changed their name.  What makes you think they have changed their methods?"

Who made you judge of what is major and minor?

Question a friend, perhaps he did not do it; but if he did anything so that he may do it no more.
A hasty quarrel kindles fire,
and urgent strife sheds blood.
If you blow on a spark, it will glow;
if you spit on it, it will be put out;
                           and both come out of your mouth
Cognomen
Site Supporter
OC.net guru

Faith: Orthodox Catholic
Jurisdiction: Phyletism Rules, OK

Ungrateful Biped

« Reply #350 on: August 17, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »

Those "women" (they aren't women at all, not even worthy of the term) didn't just make those lyrics, they sang them in the church in front of the iconostasis.

I am very glad they are being sent to that penal colony. If their followers decide to riot and fight against the state (as some are promising), then they shouldn't expect the authorities to exercise restraint.

My response was about the lyrics themselves.  I'm well aware of the setting of the lousy performance. 

Still, your parading of un-Christian vitriol and vengeance is becoming a bit too caricatured.

North American Eastern Orthodox Parish Council Delegate for the Canonization of Saints Twin Towers and Pentagon, as well as the Propagation of the Doctrine of the Assumption of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 (NAEOPCDCSTTPPDAMAFM®).
Ionnis
OC.net guru

Jurisdiction: ROCOR

« Reply #351 on: August 17, 2012, 11:32:14 PM »

Just watched the RT video in its article about the sentencing. Apparently the 2 years starts at the moment of their arrest (March 15), so technically they have been given a sentence of a little more than 1 and a half years. Their sentence is to be sent to a women's penal colony for the duration of their sentence.

One of the three was involved in the live-sex act "orgy" in a Moscow Biology Museum, and another one of the three was involved in dumping cockroaches in a courtroom and kissing policewomen in the metro & on streets.

Funny how people defend them seeing as the one involved in the live sex act would have been convicted as a sex offender here in the United States...

Someone has probably already mentioned the topless Ukrainian woman who cut down a crucifix in protest.

It should be no surprise that the irreverent and anti-religious Madonna has come out in support of them.

These women are not the real enemy.  People are looking for enemies outside the Church.  You will definitely find some outside, but the dangerous ones, the ones that are doing the real destruction live within.   

"If you cannot find Christ in the beggar at the church door, you will not find Him in the chalice.”  -The Divine John Chrysostom

“Till we can become divine, we must be content to be human, lest in our hurry for change we sink to something lower.” -Anthony Trollope
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #352 on: August 18, 2012, 12:30:37 AM »

These women are not the real enemy.  People are looking for enemies outside the Church.  You will definitely find some outside, but the dangerous ones, the ones that are doing the real destruction live within.   
There are a lot of real enemies and these women are only three.  I hope they see their error and enter the Church as a member in the future, but for now, they are the enemy. 

I agree the most dangerous are inside, but we disagree on who they are.  The most dangerous of those are the ones who confuse others, water down the truth, make exceptions and excuses (for instance, these women), etc.  All it takes is the slightest detour and you are off the path.  Little by little they erode the Church in the name of progress, changing times, new enlightenment or some other excuse.
augustin717
Taxiarches

Faith: The other ROC

« Reply #353 on: August 18, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »

There are a lot of real enemies and these women are only three.  I hope they see their error and enter the Church as a member in the future, but for now, they are the enemy. 

I agree the most dangerous are inside, but we disagree on who they are.  The most dangerous of those are the ones who confuse others, water down the truth, make exceptions and excuses (for instance, these women), etc.  All it takes is the slightest detour and you are off the path.  Little by little they erode the Church in the name of progress, changing times, new enlightenment or some other excuse.
What does it mean for you to "be in the church", apart from- excuse my term, I can't think of a better one, fellating certain higher-up's in the hierarchy ? These women are in the church in so far as they are baptized and claim this religion as theirs, still.
Kerdy
Warned
Taxiarches

« Reply #354 on: August 18, 2012, 01:23:36 AM »

What does it mean for you to "be in the church", apart from- excuse my term, I can't think of a better one, fellating certain higher-up's in the hierarchy ? These women are in the church in so far as they are baptized and claim this religion as theirs, still.
You already know what I mean, yet you quibble over phraseology.
Fr. Deacon Daniel

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #355 on: August 18, 2012, 02:27:31 AM »

The BBC's article is pretty good. Here is a section referring to a statement from the Russian Orthodox Church.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19302986

"It said in a statement: "Without doubting the legitimacy of the court ruling, we ask the state authorities to show mercy for the convicted within the framework of the law in the hopes that they will refrain from repeating their sacrilegious acts."

Mr Putin has himself said the defendants should not be judged too harshly but, after sentencing, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the president could not intervene in the judicial process.

Opinion polls in Russia have shown little support for Pussy Riot.

One recent poll of Russians released by the Levada research group showed only 6% sympathised, while 51% felt antipathy or had nothing good to say about them."

"Everybody wants to change the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself."

—Dostoevsky
mike
Stratopedarches

« Reply #356 on: August 18, 2012, 02:44:20 AM »

Mr Putin has himself said the defendants should not be judged too harshly but, after sentencing, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said the president could not intervene in the judicial process.

Do you believe in that?

Byzantinism
no longer posting here
Justin Kissel
Formerly Asteriktos
Protospatharios

Faith: Agnostic

« Reply #357 on: August 18, 2012, 02:45:41 AM »

Longest thread title in forum history?

Problem: John finds a spider under his bed. John eats the spider. John gets sick to his stomach.

Question: Why did John get sick?
Fr. Deacon Daniel

Jurisdiction: Ecumenical Patriarchate

« Reply #358 on: August 18, 2012, 03:00:35 AM »

Do you believe in that?

If you mean, do I believe Putin said this. Yes, I do. I personally like Putin and I think he has really helped the Orthodox Church grow in Russia. I think he is a good man and his support of the Church will cover many offenses. The fact that a countries leader is an Orthodox Christian that is actively involved in promoting the Truth is admirable. God bless him. It is sad to see that the three members seem to show no remorse for their actions. I also understand your mistrust, Michal. Poland and Russia don't have the best relationship.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 03:03:53 AM by Fr. Deacon Daniel » Logged

"Everybody wants to change the world, but nobody thinks about changing himself."

—Dostoevsky
Vladik
High Elder

From the CIS with love

« Reply #359 on: August 18, 2012, 03:23:43 AM »

Russia is a Federation of Republics. There are Budhist, Muslim and a Jewish Republics and regions. That's why their religions consider to be traditional. But only in their autonomous regions. Those minor ethnics are allowed to preserve their culture. But  Judaism, Islam and Buddhism are not traditional for the Metropolis ("Moscovia").
Tags: music Russian Orthodox Church 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: