OrthodoxChristianity.net
October 22, 2014, 08:28:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Reminder: No political discussions in the public fora.  If you do not have access to the private Politics Forum, please send a PM to Fr. George.

Home   Help Calendar Contact Treasury Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There is No Theistic Evolution  (Read 1294 times) Average Rating: 0
samueljones

OC.net

« on: October 09, 2004, 05:48:31 PM »

There is no evolution, the theory of evolution is falsified by scientific findings every day. Some people take evolutionary theory as a fact and try to find common points of Creation and Evolution. However, there is no relation certainly. Everything is created by God, the Lord of Heaven and Earth. See EVOLUTION DECEIT at http://www.bookglobal.net/xcart/customer/home.php

NULL
Ebor
Vanyar
Taxiarches

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 07:01:50 PM »

There is no evolution, the theory of evolution is falsified by scientific findings every day. Some people take evolutionary theory as a fact and try to find common points of Creation and Evolution. However, there is no relation certainly. Everything is created by God, the Lord of Heaven and Earth. See EVOLUTION DECEIT at http://www.bookglobal.net/xcart/customer/home.php

The site linked has a pseudo-Amazon look to it and is an Islamic Book seller. Going to the real Amazon to check for the book and any reviews was useful.

The book mentioned is by a Harun Yahya.  So far I have not found any credentials on Mr. Yahya to show that he is qualified to declare the scientific findings of Paleontologists and others as "falsifying". Lacking such support or even verifiable information I see know reason to accept this as true.

Btw, one need not buy this tome as it can befound here on-line:

http://www.evolutiondeceit.com/

Don't waste your crunchons.  

Other data points I found in a cursory scan: Mr. "Yahya" appears to also be the author of a book "The Holocaust Hoax" and a number of other works.  Also, the name is known to be a pseudonym. Whether this is one person or more I have not found yet.  

Ebor

PS. for those of you with an interest in geology and Plate Tectonics, "Mr. Yahya" has an...ummm...interesting, not to say eye-brow raising idea of what mountains are for:

http://www.creationofuniverse.com/html/science_08.html

They "pin" the plates together.  <where IS my glyph of one eyebrow raised?!?>

Time for another episode of the "Logo shaped dent on my forehead" from thudding my head on the CRT.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2004, 08:28:56 PM by Ebor » Logged

"I wish they would remember that the charge to Peter was "Feed my sheep", not "Try experiments on my rats", or even "Teach my performing dogs new tricks". - C. S. Lewis

The Katana of Reasoned Discussion

For some a world view is more like a neighborhood watch.
Rho
Running from dead works to Christ.

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 08:34:23 AM »

This guy sounds a bit like a troll.

But there is at least one thing he said about theistic evolution that's right.  Theistic evolution is the worst of both worlds:  it not only tries to uphold Darwinian theory (and/or the desperate struggles of some scientists like Gould to hold to a non-theistic worldview yet account for the fossil record by theories like punctuated equilibrium), but it also blames God for it.

Why would one want to demean God by positing that He is responsible for such an unscientific and unrealistic system as Darwinian theory?

As for what to replace it with, aye, there's the rub...
but whoever said I had to be committed on the positive side? Grin

"I have taken my good deeds and my bad deeds and thrown them together in a heap. Then I have fled from both of them to Christ, and in Him I have peace." --David Dickson

Matthew 9:13 - Who is the sinner if not I?
Paleo

OC.net

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 10:20:14 AM »

Everything is created by God, the Lord of Heaven and Earth.

Whether the theory is true or not remember it is called Theistic evolution meaning everything is created by God through the process of evolution.
Shiloah
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb.11:1

www.balamand.edu.lb/ th...JoTheklaCan.htm

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 10:44:59 AM »

And in regard to Samueljones being a proponent of allah, we have to clarify here that on this forum we believe in the Creator of heaven and earth by the name of Yahweh Elohim "For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen." Rom.11:36 This is the One and only..."God, who created all things by Jesus Christ" Eph.3:9
"Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
 16.  For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
 17.  And he is before all things, and by him all things consist." Col.1:15-17
The One Who says of Himself:
Rev.1:18 "I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." and also Rev.3:14 "the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God"

Samueljones, the author of this thread, has his view of things which he has shown us in the links he posted. There is no need to take this discussion any further. Unless you want to open a new thread under orthodox premises.

Respectfully,
Shiloah

"God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ" 2.Cor.4:6

"One thing is education: that we learn how to love God. "
TomS
Banned
Archon

Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOA

"Look At Me! Look At Me Now! " - Bono

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 10:49:36 AM »

This guy sounds a bit like a troll.

I think he has it all wrong -- I think what he meant to say is that "There is No Businesss Like Show Business."
Tags:
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: